• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
I'd like to see:

A new banjo (gears 4 breakfast?), a new nuts and bolts (not tied to banjo)(don't know who... mojang?), a new conker (playtonic?), a new JFG (the coalition), a new kameo (rare or obsidian), and a new perfect dark (the initiative).

BTW, a banjo remake would be ok, maybe 4A games could tied them as they made the HD remasters.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Most of what I'd like to see leverages their old franchises and I see those being farmed out like KI and Battletoads.

They seem all about new IP at this point which is fine, I guess.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Yeah, I know. Huge random bump, but I figured since this is sort of the official thread about Rare specifically, it'd be okay to ask.

Do you guys think there's any chance of Rare announcing or at least teasing their next game at E3? Or is it too early?

Also, to maybe breathe some life into this thread and get some more discussion going, what do you guys think their new game will be? Will it be single player? Or something MP focused once again? What genre will it be? Are we 100% sure it's a new IP and not something old?

Their next game really intrigues me. I remember when Sea of Thieves was first announced, I was initially disappointed, but I warmed up to the game shortly afterwards. It didn't help that everyone and their mothers thought it was going to be a Banjo game. I expect things will probably go down the same way for me this time, minus the Banjo part. I don't realistically expect it to be a new Banjo game (or any old IP, for that matter) this time at all. I'm expecting a new IP, so I imagine that's going to alleviate some of the disappointment this time around.