DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Sony stopped releasing Retail-Deluxe Editions. That`s a bummer. Last gen I bought nearly all Steelbook Editions of their exclusive releases, from Uncharted 4 to Ghost of Tsushima.
Yeah. I hope they bring them back. It's a shame since I'd be all over a steelbook of this cover.

New Ratchet animation coming out of nowhere, could be before Rift Apart's story.

It's pretty good, in my opinion.

That was really fun. :)

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
After showing they have the storytelling skills to handle their own take on Spider-Man (Miles was really good), I wonder how that'll translate to going back to Ratchet which is a much goofier game.

Different Insomniac team right, but I wonder how, if in any way Spidey has changed their approach to things. Excited about Insomniac coming back to this universe.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Yes finally on Amazon! Instant Pre-Order.

Fuck! Just noticed that they have a digital deluxe edition. So that's their new strategy eh? Only put the deluxe edition in digital form to force me to buy digital. Smooth move Sony. You may have won this time...

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
How hard is it to show new footage. In a release date announcement trailer.
Apparently it's very hard. 😄

I know it's not like a God of War or Part II kind of secretness with the gameplay/story/setting/etc, but I appreciate to holding back new footages for meaty State of Play & future ads.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
they've already showed like 20-30 mins of footage. i'd rather they didn't personally. everyone who's gonna buy it is still gonna buy it
I don't think they've shown anywhere near 20 minutes, let alone 30. Initial trailer and some 5-6 minute extended gameplay demo based on that trailer is all we've gotten, unless I've missed something.

Still, some 1-1,5 minutes of new quick snippets is hardly going to spoil the rest of the game for you. They need to demonstrate how the rifts work in the larger scheme of things (not just some cinematic set piece emoment) and the female lombax in action.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Don't worry, we'll get our new 20-30 minutes of gameplay in Rift Apart State of Play.

I hope, maybe...

Jan 11, 2018
I don't think they've shown anywhere near 20 minutes, let alone 30. Initial trailer and some 5-6 minute extended gameplay demo based on that trailer is all we've gotten, unless I've missed something.

Still, some 1-1,5 minutes of new quick snippets is hardly going to spoil the rest of the game for you. They need to demonstrate how the rifts work in the larger scheme of things (not just some cinematic set piece emoment) and the female lombax in action.

They did show how it works in the gameplay demo, both as traversal and during combat.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
They did show how it works in the gameplay demo, both as traversal and during combat.
I mean the switching between where Ratchet is and where Clank is with the other Lombax. Is it mandated by story? Can you switch at any point in time? Are they in alternate realities, bringing up puzzle possibilities where doing something in one reality changes stuff in the other? Will rifts be used any other way than quick teleportation?

Jan 11, 2018
I mean the switching between where Ratchet is and where Clank is with the other Lombax. Is it mandated by story? Can you switch at any point in time? Are they in alternate realities, bringing up puzzle possibilities where doing something in one reality changes stuff in the other? Will rifts be used any other way than quick teleportation?

Yeah, obviously there is still a lot more to know. Personally I'd rather discover all that as I play the game myself, but I know people are hungry for more footage. I'm sure we'll see it soonish as it's out in 4 months barring a delay.

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's a ratchet game, what else u want to know? Besides, there's almost 4 mo left before it releases....

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
The discourse around the price is understandable, that being said the games tend to drop pretty quick. I got a PS5 a few weeks ago and got:

Demon's Souls for £55
Sackboy for £52
Dirt 5 for £30
Miles moralis + Spiderman for £52

Which is around the price they used to be, it's a bitter pill to swallow considering Sony doesn't have a good Gamepass competitor but at least they drop quick and they can be sold on for a higher value as well.

It's only going to hurt day one sales for Sony and the developer, anybody with an iota of patience (which even I have at that price) it's not a huge deal, hopefully Sony takes notice and drops the price, pretty sure games went to £60 when the 360 first launched and they dropped them all to £40-50 when they weren't selling the number they wanted.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
I'm buying this game for free with Christmas money from friends I saved (Resident Evil too- both deluxe editions) so it's all gravy to me. Best Buy GCU say what!

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
The discourse around the price is understandable, that being said the games tend to drop pretty quick. I got a PS5 a few weeks ago and got:

Demon's Souls for £55
Sackboy for £52
Dirt 5 for £30
Miles moralis + Spiderman for £52

Which is around the price they used to be, it's a bitter pill to swallow considering Sony doesn't have a good Gamepass competitor but at least they drop quick and they can be sold on for a higher value as well.

It's only going to hurt day one sales for Sony and the developer, anybody with an iota of patience (which even I have at that price) it's not a huge deal, hopefully Sony takes notice and drops the price, pretty sure games went to £60 when the 360 first launched and they dropped them all to £40-50 when they weren't selling the number they wanted.
They don't need to sell as many copies because the profit margins are higher.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the MSRP for first party PS4 games start at £55 during launch period before dropping to £50 then being raised to £59.99 later in the generation? I'm wondering if PS5 game prices will follow a similar trend or if we're in for a flat £70 all generation (the latter being more likely to me).

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Ratchet is bout to let it rip
788.jpg

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bump but the game was rated M in Australia (aligns more with a T in America). I think this is the first M rating the series has gotten, previous games were PG. I wonder what Insomniac have put into the game to bump the rating up 👀
Its ERSB Rating in NA is E10+.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Digital Deluxe Edition

BLAST YOUR WAY THROUGH AN INTERDIMENSIONAL ADVENTURE
Note though that E10+ didn't exist during the PS2 era and games that would've been that rating would've likely been rated T for Teen back then.

The collection is rated E10+ for example.
PS3-Ratchet-and-Clank-Collection-game.JPG

vl159h9iqcs51.jpg

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Its ERSB Rating in NA is E10+. Note though that E10+ didn't exist during the PS2 era and games that would've been that rating would've likely been rated T for Teen back then.

The collection is rated E10+ for example.
PS3-Ratchet-and-Clank-Collection-game.JPG

vl159h9iqcs51.jpg
I meant that the M rating in Australia was in line with what a T rating in America is, not that Rift Apart is a confirmed T. I said that because people on twitter saw Neo The World Ends With You rated M in Australia and read that as being M on the ESRB, which are different.

May 5, 2018
Sorry to bump but the game was rated M in Australia (aligns more with a T in America). I think this is the first M rating the series has gotten, previous games were PG. I wonder what Insomniac have put into the game to bump the rating up 👀
Clank is about to drop the S**t word like a flock of pigeons.

Joking. Although maybe someone drops a curse word to give Rift Apart a T rating in America but M in Australia.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Australias Rating is way stricter than NA. M = T basically.

Both "The World Ends with you" Games are also rated M lol (new one too)
I know, I live in Australia. Just all previous games, including 2016, were PG here so I'm just curious what, if anything, was put in the game to get that little bump up to M.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
these 2 that you mentioned are early unlocks for pre orders in general, not digital deluxe.
DDE gives you more armor sets, photomode stickers, some resources, and digital soundtrack and artbook.
Sorry to bump. I'm not interested in the art book or soundtrack. But the 5 armors can be unlocked I game or are exclusive to deluxe ?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017