• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Out on Netflix. IGN gave it a 4.

USIbJHL.png

QqbW5PO.png
No way! Armond White told me these movies were better than Dune.

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
No way! Armond White told me these movies were better than Dune.
In his Rebel Moon Part 1 review, he actually never mentions Dune at all. However it does have this lovely nugget in it:
his imagery unites ideas from Terrence Malick's A Hidden Life with Walter Hill's Geronimo: An American Legend — the lyrical, the hostile, plus the historical. And he achieves visual-kinetic excitement that George Lucas, Peter Jackson, and the Wachowskis should envy.

Oct 27, 2017
No I got the literal meaning yeah, but why is it significant in-universe? So is the protagonist just a sadist mutilating people everywhere she goes?

Probably a waste of time thinking too hard about a lame nickname though I agree lol

She used to be one of the most dangerous and celebrated warriors in the NotEmpire. I don't think there's any more to it than that 🤷

Presumably she was also the Child of Fire from the first film's subtitle, but I don't know why both films would be named after her in this way when it doesn't relate to any character progression.

I don't hate either subtitle but I don't think much thought was put into them aside from trying to find something that sounds cool.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In his Rebel Moon Part 1 review, he actually never mentions Dune at all. However it does have this lovely nugget in it:

It pisses me off he changed his concensus on the movie. I should have screenshot it. Even he knew how idiotic he sounded.

UPDATE:: I was half right. It was actually his Dune 2 review where he went hard on it while praising Rebel Moon.
I knew I wasn't crazy.

Screenshot-20240419-053303-Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
www.theguardian.com

Rebel Moon – Part Two: The Scargiver review – Zack Snyder’s bombastically fun sequel

The divisive director’s sci-fi follow-up is both original and derivative and will be unlikely to convert anyone, but there’s something charming about its sincerity

3 out of 5 stars from The Guardian. But not much kinder in the text.

Ouch.

Burn.

I'm going to find some time to watch this in the next month or so. But the thought of how both movies together is already a 4 hour affair, and there being an extended cut coming out in the future.... I'm not sure if I can survive this.
The first part being "better and weirder" is woof.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Anthony Hopkins managing to read that nonsense intro is almost as impressive as doing the entire Amistad speech in one take.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's probably too early to make the call when there's only 6 reviews (Go look at the "Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey II is at 100% thread, and look at what score it has now) but after the first films quality, safe to assume this is where this one might end up as well, right?

Who's the one brave enough to make a full review thread for this.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Just copy a scene from John Wick if you don't know how to choreograph a gunfight lol.

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
It pisses me off he changed his concensus on the movie. I should have screenshot it. Even he knew how idiotic he sounded.

UPDATE:: I was half right. It was actually his Dune 2 review where he went hard on it while praising Rebel Moon.
I knew I wasn't crazy.

Ooooooh. I only checked his Rebel Moon review and not his Dune one. Hahahaha. Good catch!

Dec 17, 2022
So is this the masterpiece and tragic second act worthy to deserve a third follow-up, as Zack would have us believe?

Is the slo-mo juicy?

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017

I knew I wasn't crazy.

Once in a while I'll read an interview from Armond White or a story about him and I wonder - maybe he is actually earnest? Maybe he does have a rebel streak in what he likes, but he is not actually trolling in his reviews. Because the actual full review is usually well written.
But then you see this kind of shit and I am just like nah he definitely trolling.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
So is this the masterpiece and tragic second act worthy to deserve a third follow-up, as Zack would have us believe?

Is the slo-mo juicy?

I'm 30min in. The script seem as shit as first part. It's still blurry as fuck. The plot still doesn't make sense. Slow-mo farming ! Now everyone likes each other !

Yeah. Not feeling it.

Ceerious

Oct 27, 2017
Asian
The man recently appeared on Wired and gave the audience all of his secrets for successful filmmaking.

I knew I wasn't crazy.

I want him to confess or write an autography talk about what motivated him to pursue trolling as a career

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
image.png

That one positive so far is from the A.V. Club, and it's a 67 from them, so not even that high of a positive rating.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Has part 3 already been shot?

Zack Snyder Has Plans For at Least 6 'Rebel Moon' Movies

Snyder said: "I guess four makes sense. Four or six movies, depending... I guess it's whether or not every time we make one of these movies we make two, that's the question.
While Rebel Moon: Part Three hasn't yet been greenlit, Snyder knows exactly what he wants to happen, telling us: "We absolutely have the story all set, we did all that work. We wrote a treatment for the movie so we'll see how we go ahead."

Zack Snyder is already planning 6 Rebel Moon movies | Radio Times

Rebel Moon director Zack Snyder wants to make six Rebel Moon movies - despite the series not exactly receiving rave reviews.

Apr 27, 2020
Netflix really cut back on the marketing this time. I remember they had billboards, multiple premieres, local theater screenings, commercials tie-ins etc. with the first one. Pt. 2 feels like a shadow drop

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
The AV Club's review is one of the worst professional reviews I've ever read, no joke.

As someone who watched Part 1 knowing it would be shit, I'm not giving this a viewing. Snyder made the worst kind of bad movie, it was above all boring as hell, and the chance that my view could lead to more of this is unacceptable to me.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I guess it's whether or not every time we make one of these movies we make two, that's the question.
This is absolutely now one of my favourite quotes of all time. I'm going to say this whenever anyone talks about quantities.

Eg:

"Lowrys, how many scoops of ice cream do you want?"

"Well, that depends on whether every time you give me a scoop you give me two. That's the question."

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Finished it. Some nice action sequences, that's about it. It still feels like it's a fan fiction written by a teenager.

So yeah, i don't see how Snyder could get the funds to do sequels.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Snyder needs to make a microbudget small-cast thriller or something. Let's see how he fares without all his many crutches.

Jan 20, 2022

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
Yeah just finished it.

It's just as if not worse than part 1.

Zack Snyder just doesn't understand for cool things to be cool it's not about the imagery but also the lore behind it.

Its hilarious how Nemesis can fight a giant Spider lady yet dies pathetically to three normal men.

In a weird way I'm tempted to see more from the universe but good lord get some better writers.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Yeah just finished it.

It's just as if not worse than part 1.

Zack Snyder just doesn't understand for cool things to be cool it's not about the imagery but also the lore behind it.

Its hilarious how Nemesis can fight a giant Spider lady yet dies pathetically to three normal men.

In a weird way I'm tempted to see more from the universe but good lord get some better writers.

The trick is to imagine that the movies are an RPG being played by an idiot with no attention span.

Snyder put all Nemesis's attribute points in the "Fighting Giant Spider Ladies" tree.

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
I'll be waiting on the extended editions.

They'll still be bad films but they'll be better paced at least.

If I have to suffer through these two films (and I do, because Snyder films are a mandatory talking point on this forum) then I may as well watch the "you don't have any excuses now!" cuts.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Well that was terrible...

I guess the praise that I can give is that "stuff actually happens" as in there are more battles but these are fucking tedious with the drawn out slow-mo with zero flow to them. Like seriously, I have nothing against slow mo but Snyder abuses the shit out of them, it makes flow of the battles feel bad. It is just as bad as the first movie but it actually had more sets and locations to look at for visual variety. This one is the shitty village and the Imperial Ship. just awful stuff.

Also, the betrayal scene (you'll know the one) was legit embarrassing like wtf was that.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Netflix really cut back on the marketing this time. I remember they had billboards, multiple premieres, local theater screenings, commercials tie-ins etc. with the first one. Pt. 2 feels like a shadow drop

As far as I know they (and their partners) also overestimated A BIT the amount of merchandising they would sell and now there is quite a bit of stockpile.