• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
part 1 was an absolute disaster of a film that I still can't really believe came out in the way it did, not sure if I'll even bother watching part 2 but people say it's somehow worse than the first is making me want to see exactly how bad it can get

the fact that we don't even have the final version of part 1 out yet is also just absolutely hilarious

southwest

Sep 15, 2022
Christ I thought this thread was about the trailer being release on April 19th, not the actual film. Pretty hilarious that this seems to be even worse than the first one.

Apr 27, 2020
I was watching a review and they said that..

The princess is clearly based off of Princess Peach, she wears a pink dress with white gloves and is stuck inside the bad guy's base at the end

Lol

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Dan Lin's ready to change the locks at Netflix HQ

Yeah, the first one didn't seem to do too great. It was sandwiched between Leave the World Behind and an action movie starring Kevin Hart called Lift, and both of those did quite a bit better than it. This one seems to have considerably less hype behind it. So, it's viewership numbers aren't going to be pretty. And it doesn't help that Snyder kneecapped both of these movies by announcing before either of them that the "SnyderCut" is coming out after the release of these.

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
Dan Lin is going to excommunicado Snyder's dumb ass.

Six Rebel Moon moon movies lmao. Snyder needs to go back to basics before he ruins all goowill he has in Hollywood big budget wise.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
He knows how to use the camera.

???

Army+of+the+Dead+Blurriness.jpg

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
I watched Part 1 out of morbid curiosity and it was surprisingly boring; it did not even entertain me in a bad way. I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch Part 2 since it sounds like it's even worse.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
He knows how to ask good cinematographers to point the camera in the right direction and get good shot compositions.

I wouldn't even go that far. I really think that his earlier career was entirely him having talented people cover for him as he took the credit. As he started to believe his own hype and shedded the talent to do things himself, the movies have consistently gotten worse.

He's Tommy Tallarico but A) People are still giving him money for some reason, and B) He actually believes his hype and isn't scared to keep putting his "art" out there lest people discover he has no clothes.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
lol the intro is just Anthony Hopkins spouting any old shit. It's just incomprehensible nonesense 😂

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
www.indiewire.com

‘Rebel Moon — Part Two: The Scargiver’ Review: The Second Half of Zack Snyder’s Sci-Fi Debacle Is Almost as Disastrous as the First

Any hope for the second part of Snyder's Netflix epic has been dead since December, but it's still shocking just how lifeless this movie feels.

image.png
Wait I know why he did this. Seven Samurai also had a stopping point where the samurai chill out in town and the movie uses this time to develop characters and stakes and get you pumped up.

If Snyder took this idea and then misfired on execution in just copying aesthetics as he often does I can see why this would occur

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Should have named it Rebel Moon Part 2: Farming Sim.

Like youve built a team of warriors… to farm. Now I don't even know who these people are tbh because the films have not created a good reason to. I simply don't give a shit about them to care. Or why the fuck the baddies care about a single farm in a vast universe.

and why does the whole film just seem likes it's in slow mo on top of the actual slow mo.

This could actual beat out the first in how bad it is. Which is something.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
It pisses me off he changed his concensus on the movie. I should have screenshot it. Even he knew how idiotic he sounded.

UPDATE:: I was half right. It was actually his Dune 2 review where he went hard on it while praising Rebel Moon.
I knew I wasn't crazy.

Screenshot-20240419-053303-Gallery.jpg

Is that actually a serious quote? Seriously serious?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo, the part 1 extended edition, where is it?

i know right. i kinda want to watch part 2, but i'd way rather watch the extended editions of 1 and 2 than rewatch this trash twice. but how long will the extended editions take to come out, and will they come out relatively close or months apart...

this is what dumpster diving must feel like

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
i know right. i kinda want to watch part 2, but i'd way rather watch the extended editions of 1 and 2 than rewatch this trash twice. but how long will the extended editions take to come out, and will they come out relatively close or months apart...

this is what dumpster diving must feel like
If you're going to pick through discarded pizza boxes, you definitely want the ones with all the toppings (the full director's cut, one might say) stuck to the box roof not just the cheese, it's true.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't have mind the first one if it was entertaining, but it was just meh. Mediocre and boring. I expect this one to double down.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Just finished watching it and I don't know wtf that was. It was like action set pieces and slo mo shots the movie, the loosest definition of a story, no idea wtf is going on just a bunch of cobbled together action sequences and explosions. It's like a kid smashing toys together in a playset and then saying now turn that into a $100M movie.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
people think snyder should be given Warhammer but they should've stuck his ass on ready player one

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
After this piece of crap, I'll be shocked if a major studio gives Snyder a big budget again to blow away with his hackneyed bullshit.

Like there has to be a limit to failing upwards but then again this is Hollywood...

dumbo11

Apr 29, 2018
I didn't think the movie was that bad exactly, but IMHO:
- the first chunk of the movie (an hour or so?) is... "skippable". All the flashbacks etc. are... surprisingly short, predictable and utterly pointless.
- nothing develops in interesting manner. There is no clever plot, storyline or twist. Nothing surprised me about the characters... it's just entirely predictable "stuff" until the entirely predictable showdown.
- the strong accents really didn't help, most notably the lead character's.
- by far the worst action scene is the one they used in the trailer, the rest of the combat scenes seemed 'fine' to me.

But I can't think of anything in the movie that I'll remember tomorrow. The 'epic moments'... just weren't very memorable for me.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
To the surprise of no one… that was bad. And dare I say it… somehow… SOMEHOW worse than Part 1. There is nothing of worth here. The empire (or whoever the fuck they are) are just useless and there's no aura of fear or to be scared of them. They get there asses handed to them by farmers and women and children. The admiral is a joke that exudes delusions of grandeur in every sense. There's no foreboding sense from him. None of the characters have anything that stands out and make them memorable or likeable. You simply don't care about these people. It's unspectacular. There's like, what, 2 main locations in the whole film? The farm and the battleship. And some pointless flashbacks.

Oct 27, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
Yeah, I checked out once
badass swordswoman died to four normal ass dudes after taking on a giant fucking spider in the first movie all by herself. How fucking lame.

Holy shit, and they have the audacity to try and set up a THIRD movie? Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I didn't think the movie was that bad exactly, but IMHO:
- the first chunk of the movie (an hour or so?) is... "skippable". All the flashbacks etc. are... surprisingly short, predictable and utterly pointless.
- nothing develops in interesting manner. There is no clever plot, storyline or twist. Nothing surprised me about the characters... it's just entirely predictable "stuff" until the entirely predictable showdown.
- the strong accents really didn't help, most notably the lead character's.
- by far the worst action scene is the one they used in the trailer, the rest of the combat scenes seemed 'fine' to me.

But I can't think of anything in the movie that I'll remember tomorrow. The 'epic moments'... just weren't very memorable for me.
What's the good stuff?