Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I felt the last of my soul leave my body

Votes: 128 83.1%

• Total voters

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jJWGB8c.png

Welcome everyone to the long awaited return of the Reboot series! For some odd reason I didn't see an OT so I decided to throw one together.

Set in the modern day, a group of four teens embark on their first day of high tech high school where they are recruited by some A.I. thing to fight an evil hacker in cyberspace because they are good at a video game or something.

Oh yeah also the cast of Reboot is in it for some reason.

Starring:

KNsTkeq.png

Role #1 – Austin

The Skater Dude (In an ideal world, we would love to find someone that is an avid skater). Austin is cool, smart and capable but somewhat aloof and detached. Always moving, never still, Austin is a natural athlete with terrific reflexes, interested in individual pursuits and extreme sports. He's not team oriented at all. Still dealing with his father's sudden death a year ago, Austin masks his grief behind his wisecracking, carefree persona and doesn't want to talk about it – at all. Ever. Austin is a natural leader, he just doesn't know it yet, and isn't ready to accept that kind of responsibility. His best friend is Parker. They've been like brothers since they were little kids. Austin teases Parker, but he always has his back and knows that Parker has his.

Talent specs:
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Body Type: Athletic

3RaCEAf.png

Role #2 – Parker

The Techno-Geek. Innovative and daring, Parker is an avid gamer and prides himself on being an A+ student, excelling in math and science. He skipped a grade, has a bit of a superior attitude about being so smart, and he's sometimes impatient when others don't catch on quickly enough. When Parker likes something he is excitable and enthusiastic, but he can also be judgmental of things he doesn't like. Ultimately, Parker wants to fit in, be respected and appreciated, but he also likes being different. It's become part of his identity, a badge he wears proudly. He's often awkward, not fully understanding social cues. Parker looks up to Austin but he's not afraid to challenge him if he doesn't agree with his point of view.

Talent specs:
Ethnicity: Any

xuyIUuN.png

Role #3 – Tamra

The Social Media Maven. Tamra is an intense, opinionated, alt chick. But under her edgy, sarcastic exterior she is actually quite sensitive, open and empathetic. Her YouTube channel gives her a voice and a means to share her thoughts and feelings. She enjoys having an online following but isn't so thrilled when people recognize her in person. She's not after fame, she just wants to engage. Tamra is into music, video games, and has a purple belt in karate. She has a strong sense of right and wrong and doesn't trust people who are dishonest and manipulative.

Talent specs:
Body Type: Athletic

CbxLlwr.png

Role #4 – Grey

The Jock. Big, athletic and strong, Grey's a terrific football player, although deep down he doesn't care for it that much. But he always tries to please so he sticks with the sport at which he excels. A fitness nut, he's always exercising; push ups, sit ups, squats, lunges, whatever. He comes from a military family, and has a tough "drill sergeant" father. While he's highly competitive, he's also fair and supportive. The exception to that rule is when rules aren't followed. Then Grey can be harsh. He needs structure and likes things planned and by the book.

Talent specs:

Written and Directed by

eFJvxF1.jpg

Available on Neflix if you enjoy pain.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the OP includes the character descriptions and casting specs. Leader of the group has to be white!

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This might be the world's most mediocre kids show. I almost wish it were worse for entertainment purposes, instead it's lifeless and mind numbing. The only thing that keeps me going is the promise of them wheeling out more Reboot characters so I can feel something again, even if that feeling is pain.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Watched a few eps and it's just dull. Like I know I'm not the target audience (being a fan of the original), but it's just boring and uninspired. Like there's no sense of imagination or something to presumably grasp younger watchers.

For example, I watched an episode with my daughter, she's 5 and watches lots of genre stuff with me, and then she asked me to stop the show since she was bored and hated how the Guardians didn't have faces in the computer world. So after that I popped on the old show and she digs that.

That said, the new Megabyte vo is great. Not as legendary as Tony Jay but he certainly channels the character.

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They really should have given the nerd guy a better codename than Googz. The first time I heard it I nearly did a spit take thinking it was something much more offensive.

Bionet

Oct 25, 2017
  • I only skimmed through this after seeing the first 2 episodes. Definitely don't feel like watching the whole thing and probably won't continue unless they really turn things around writing-wise.
  • Dang, they really are counting on that second season, given how much set up for the older Mainframe characters was put into this episode specifically.
  • Presumably they didn't have the budget to include civilians, but Mainframe being so empty feels extremely wrong.
  • Really don't like finally seeing the Reboot user in person, but it was kind of funny seeing how obsessed this guy is in trying to finally win a game on Mainframe.
  • Why is an apparently really old game stored in 360-ear packaging? Feels like they could have gone for something more 'authentic' considering how much old Reboot merch this guy has in his home.
  • Bob quoting the Reboot intro almost line for line when encountering the new guys felt extremely cheesy and the dialogue really felt like it was stretching things to get the iconic stuff in.
  • Bob, Dot, and Enzo look super off, there's some subtle things about how they've been modeled and animated that does not look right at all compared to the old show. I'm assuming they'll be getting an "upgrade" next season to be more visually consistent with the rest of the cast.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
  • Dang, they really are counting on that second season, given how much set up for the older Mainframe characters was put into this episode specifically.
Seems like they've learned nothing from Season 4.

Well, at least the Reboot reboot can't be as bad as the PS1 game...

Right?

Well, at least the game has original cutscenes made by Mainframe when they were in their prime...

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Guardian Code is is not bad at all, y'all are just overreacting for a show not aimed at you, here is my review. Yeah, the show is a bit bland but it has a lot of potential, I like the concept and where they seem to be going so I'll be checking more episodes when they're released.

It's not meant to really be a ReBoot revival, at least not yet, it's a very different type of show and I think the ReBoot name is only hurting it since people as seen in the previous thread will just judge it for not being a continuation to the show they liked.

I do think they'll be a bit bolder with the next episodes since the story arcs seem to be heading in that direction and also with more connections to the original show which right now there aren't that many outside Megabyte and the final episode. I'm not saying right now it's a great show, it's just another kids show with nothing to set it apart too much but I can see that changing.

I also think Netflix split the series, they've been doing that with their animated shows, so expect 10 more episodes and the story arcs to complete in just a few months.

ZeroGravity

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
My god I just watched the Mainframe episode. It is unequivocally the worst thing I have ever watched in my entire life.

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait. So Hackerman took control of the [[[DEEP STATE]]]'s weather control machine? What the hell is this storyline?

Ok just got to the last episode and I truly hate everything now.

At least the OG reboot cast got a paycheck I guess.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Through the internet, Megabyte breaks into a shutdown Mainframe by firing energy catapults at it's protection sphere. The teens realize that the Mainframe server physically exists in their high school hideout and turn the computer back on. Megabyte reunites with Hex and the teens meet Bob, Dot, and Enzo. A limp battle ensues while a fat neck beard with a Reboot merch adorned room notices that Mainframe is back online or something. He creams his pants and yells at his mother while popping in his old copy of Starship Alcatraz. After booting the game, a gamecube drops on top of bob and teens and they fight against the neckbeard in what I can only call the most offensive slap in the face I have ever experienced as a fan of something. Bob and teens win because teamwork and they say goodbye. I'm going to stop typing now because it hurts.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Through the internet, Megabyte breaks into a shutdown Mainframe by firing energy catapults at it's protection sphere. The teens realize that the Mainframe server physically exists in their high school hideout and turn the computer back on. Megabyte reunites with Hex and the teens meet Bob, Dot, and Enzo. A limp battle ensues while a fat neck beard with a Reboot merch adorned room notices that Mainframe is back online or something. He creams his pants and yells at his mother while popping in his old copy of Starship Alcatraz. After booting the game, a gamecube drops on top of bob and teens and they fight against the neckbeard in what I can only call the most offensive slap in the face I have ever experienced as a fan of something. Bob and teens win because teamwork and they say goodbye. I'm going to stop typing now because it hurts.
Are you fucking serious

This is the answer to one of the biggest mysteries in the series

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

NGL, I almost want to see this series because of this scene. If it is as bad as you say.

also for all the reboot merch that was most likely made for the show and will never be released

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NGL, I almost want to see this series because of this scene. If it is as bad as you say.

also for all the reboot merch that was most likely made for the show and will never be released

Watch the first three episodes and skip to episode 10. Everything in the middle is monster of the week bullshit.

EDIT: Actually watch episode 9 for hurricane hacking.

Last edited:

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A limp battle ensues while a fat neck beard with a Reboot merch adorned room notices that Mainframe is back online or something. He creams his pants and yells at his mother while popping in his old copy of Starship Alcatraz. After booting the game, a gamecube drops on top of bob and teens and they fight against the neckbeard in what I can only call the most offensive slap in the face I have ever experienced as a fan of something.

Any time a series decides to take such a transparent swipe at hardcore fans it always ends up making the show look worse (see like every other episode of Teen Titans Go). If that character is also suppose to be the original User, though, then that just shows how little respect they had for the original, especially in an episode seemingly meant to honor it.

Nah, there's more than enough actual ReBoot merch out there for them to use.

figures-CollectorEdition21.jpg

figures-Big15.jpg

toys-Megatruck04.jpg

clothing-DuvetSet3.jpg

clothing-BobCostume3.jpg

...and so on.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watch the first three episodes and skip to episode 10. Everything in the middle is monster of the week bullshit.

EDIT: Actually watch episode 9 for hurricane hacking.

I can't untill Fall, because YTV. And i'm not signing up for a VPN service to access US Netflix just for this.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thats one of the best elements of Teen Titans Go, they actually make it work.

Nah, their episodes always came off as incredibly petty, mean spirited and poorly thought out, and especially with how frequently they did them around Season 2-3 or whatever (I was only being slightly hyperbolic when I said "every other episode), it just made the show seem insecure about all the criticism it received despite it being one of the biggest ratings successes on Cartoon Network. And I say this as someone who actually liked the show during it's first dozen or so episodes, but this shit, along with the show generally surrendering any previous semblance of wit and humor in favor of loud noises and sociopathic writing made me bounce off it hard.

OP
OP
BADMAN

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you point me a where in an episode I can see them? I tried to watch the first episode and couldn't make it past 2 min mark...

I don't remember which episode where they referred to one as a binome but they basically look like this

ZncXlq6.png

Pretty much everything in the cyberworld looks like these wheely robot guys. Also they have no personality.