• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HomokHarcos

Jul 11, 2018
Canada
When I was 13 and 14 I listened to Creed and Limp Bizkit a lot, and I know their reputations as being two of the worst bands from that time period. But I recently listened to their music again and still enjoy it. Yes, the lyrics are really bad, but lyrics have always been the least important part for me.

Last edited:

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Those are two bands of very skilled musicians let down by the jackasses fronting them.

Limp Bizkit's still fun to listen to though.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I still listen to their stuff all the time due to the channels I listen to on SiriusXM.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's still totally fine catchy music. Nothing wrong with that. Plus whatever shine might come off the apple just due to aging is probably counter-balanced by the nostalgia.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a giant fan of Limp Bizkit but I think there are some really interesting textures on 3 Dollar Bill Y'all that make it worthwhile.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Limp Bizkit still slaps. The band is really fucking stupid, and the songs are stupid, but they are just a blast to listen to. The Gold Cobra album is A+ and it doesn't get recognized because of when it released.

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
I still listen to them on the regular. Both have a lot of hits. People just like to hate on them because it's cool.

Now go listen to Nickelback and report back.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's all good. I enjoy such a wide range of music. Some critically well regarded, some reviled.

Hell, the first album I ever bought with my own money way back in elementary school was Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi and I'll be damned if I don't still enjoy the big singles off of it.

If Livin' On a Prayer is good enough for Gallavich, it's good enough for me.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
Middle aged millennial dads trying to pull some revisionist history on nu-metal is going to be absolutely unbearable

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I stan Wes Borland til I die, guy is a criminally underrated guitarist.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I go back to the stuff I listened to as a kid now and then--old Nickelback, Limp Bizkit, old Disturbed, Papa Roach, etc--and still like the music. My tastes have changed, but I still have a fondness for that shit.

Hell, Godsmack have been my favorite band since I was like 12. And I keep up with Nickelback and Disturbed's current output.

I don't think it's a bad thing to still like the things you used to like as long as you can kinda put some context to it and are still willing to try new stuff.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I get the feeling but not for those particular bands. For instance I have Stabbing Westward in my Spotify artists list and sometimes when I am feeling saucy I'll throw in Ungod and scream along to Violent Mood Swings or the title track. Then I forget that I still like some questionable music from my youth mostly because it's from my youth for a few months to years and it must have something, no matter what you think of trends or industry I am not going to knock on people with an album in the store, so if you like Creed and Limp Bizkit go for it, your not the only one.

Did Durst lose the red hat though, if not he might want to get on that.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Creed suffers from "the nickleback effect" wherein the band was never bad they just got way bigger than they probably 'deserved' and became the butt of jokes. their first album in particular was one of the better late 90s rock albums.

Limp Bizkit kinda deserved to be kicked around a little as they were poster children of that era's drek but some of their stuff is pretty good

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I'll listen to the My Way instrumental sometimes, I can't stand hearing Fred Durst most times

Jun 6, 2019
Limp Bizkit is a very unique band that pioneered their own sound. Nothing to hate on. Well, except the lyrics. Gold Cobra and The Unquestionable Truth are their best work, though. Sonically very cohesive.

Creed on the other hand...

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
Nostalgia does that, but the truth is that both bands (especially Limp Bizkit afaik) have amazing musicians. Limp Bizkit has a lot of catchy tracks and great riffs, nothing wrong with enjoying that.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
This phenomenon is called nostalgia. People often get super attached to the music they listen to when they are teenagers.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
The first two Creed alumna were cool but I've never gone back to listen to them. Wonder how I'd feel now. I can't stand Korn anymore lol.

A lot of Limp Bizkit stuff holds up IMO, but I'm definitely discrete when listening to it. You just have to shut your brain off and enjoy the riffs. Wes is still the man.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I hate to admit it, I still enjoy limp bizkit from time to time. I'm usually drunk when it happens though lmao

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I was 13 and 14 I listened to Creed and Limp Bizkit a lot, and I know their reputations as being two of the worst bands from that time period. But I recently listened to their music again and still enjoy it. Yes, the lyrics are really bad, but lyrics have always been the least important part for me.
Revisionist history. These bands had credibility and were immensely popular at the time.

Probably most of Limp Bizkit's catalog is cringe now, but a lot it also still sounds good.

Creed's music is pretty timeless. They just had more of a classic rock sound whereas LB was part of the Nu Metal fad. People hate on Stapp, but his voice and that band were a perfect match.

Zushin

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
If you like the guitar work in Creed, check out Alter Bridge (Mark Tremonti is the lead guitarist in both). Alter Bridge's lead singer Myles Kennedy is incredibly talented.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of Limp Bizkit's music hasn't aged well but I could see how someone can enjoy it today.

But Creed? Yeah nah. You'll never catch me dead listening to Creed voluntarily.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
Limp Bizkit still slaps. The band is really fucking stupid, and the songs are stupid, but they are just a blast to listen to. The Gold Cobra album is A+ and it doesn't get recognized because of when it released.
Gold Cobra is one of my favourite albums of all time.

Years after nu-metal slipped out of the cultural spotlight, Limp Bizkit came back to give us an authentic, unapologetic and unmistakeable Limp Bizkit album.

It was glorious and I loves every track.

Oct 28, 2017
HomokHarcos i dont know if you grew up with them or not, but you should give Deftones a spin. I'm biased, but if you enjoy Bizkit in 2020, then White Pony or something is gonna floor ya with how well it holds up