• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMPinheiro

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
So, my wife needs to get a new laptop for work, but she also wants us to be able to use it to play some games.

She doesn't have many requirements other than having a good processor for using the programs she needs for work. Regarding the games, we're not really looking for something that can max out every new game since we have a PS5, but would maybe be interested in VR if possible, since we have a Quest 2.

Her budget is around 1800 dollars, but we can go a bit higher of needed (preferably lower).

Can you guys give us any recommendations? I've been out of the PC gaming side for years, so I have no idea what to expect, especially considering this is the first time I'm looking for this after moving to the United States, so I'm not used to having the options from here.

VoltySquirrel

Oct 25, 2017
The new ASUS Zephyrus G14 sounds like some hot shit, and it's within your budget and also looks p dece. https://youtu.be/wNSFKfUTGR8

EDIT: Actually upon further inspection the graphics hardware on this is not on par with a full on discrete GPU. Very impressive, but not on par with the PS5.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those Zephyrus G14's are unbeatable right now. Only other laptopnid consider is the Asus X13 Flow, and that only when portability and tablet functionality is more important than the GPU.

Even if it's needed now and you can't find the AMD 6000 model, the AMD 5000 models with RTX cards are still fantastic.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
The new ASUS Zephyrus G14 sounds like some hot shit, and it's within your budget and also looks p dece. https://youtu.be/wNSFKfUTGR8

EDIT: Actually upon further inspection the graphics hardware on this is not on par with a full on discrete GPU. Very impressive, but not on par with the PS5.

Yeah, those Zephyrus G14's are unbeatable right now. Only other laptopnid consider is the Asus X13 Flow, and that only when portability and tablet functionality is more important than the GPU.

Even if it's needed now and you can't find the AMD 6000 model, the AMD 5000 models with RTX cards are still fantastic.

Just looked it up and holy shit that's a lot of bang for your buck. Only drawback is the 14-inch screen really.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Gaming Laptop Discussion Thread OT

In conjunction with the PC Gaming Threads archive and that there's no Laptop gaming discussion thread on this forum yet, I would like to start it. Let's use this thread to share news, comments about our gaming laptops, upcoming advances in laptop gaming technology and other helpful information...

Status
Not open for further replies.