• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
I played Arma for a good while but there's so much DLC you sometimes need to log into certain servers and I can't even remember the server I used to play on or if it's still even there. I haven't touched it for years and I imagine it'll be a pain to get back into.

I've been playing Hell Let Loose the last few days and whilst I like it, the communication on PS5 is practically non existent and I'm yet to feel like I'm a part of team whilst playing. Just a bunch of dudes who happen to be on the same side. The game is there, but it doesn't feel like the teamplay is most of the time.

Any others good ones I could look into?

Jul 1, 2020
If you haven't played the classics I'd reccomend the SOCOM games, the early Rainbow Six games, and Star Wars: Republic Commando

OP
OP
coldsagging

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the shouts so far. Squad and Zero Hour both look great. Will look into the others too.

SanderGT

Banned
Apr 24, 2021
I played Arma for a good while but there's so much DLC you sometimes need to log into certain servers and I can't even remember the server I used to play on or if it's still even there. I haven't touched it for years and I imagine it'll be a pain to get back into.

I've been playing Hell Let Loose the last few days and whilst I like it, the communication on PS5 is practically non existent and I'm yet to feel like I'm a part of team whilst playing. Just a bunch of dudes who happen to be on the same side. The game is there, but it doesn't feel like the teamplay is most of the time.

Any others good ones I could look into?
Similar to Hell Let Loose is a free to play game called Enlisted on PS5. Not my bag but I had much more fun with it šŸ˜Œ

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Hell Let Loose, but with people talking. Sometimes you gotta make it happen. As with many online games it demands people step-up to elevate the experience for others. I've rarely had people not talking, but then the problem becomes a) too much talking (esp if an officer) and b) some of their idiotic ideas :D

OP
OP
coldsagging

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Hell Let Loose, but with people talking. Sometimes you gotta make it happen. As with many online games it demands people step-up to elevate the experience for others. I've rarely had people not talking, but then the problem becomes a) too much talking (esp if an officer) and b) some of their idiotic ideas :D
Absolutely. The problem is I'm very new myself and finding my feet still, perhaps a lot of people are in my shoes and are quietly just trying to learn the ropes. Arma is probably even more complex, but I was able to learn so much quite quickly because the community was extremely vocal, friendly and patient.

I did get a notification earlier that someone had given me an accolade for being helpful, I didn't even know that was a thing so that was nice, no doubt from someone I revived. Hopefully as the community settles there's more talking, the game itself is great.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Absolutely. The problem is I'm very new myself and finding my feet still, perhaps a lot of people are in my shoes and are quietly just trying to learn the ropes. Arma is probably even more complex, but I was able to learn so much quite quickly because the community was extremely vocal, friendly and patient.

I did get a notification earlier that someone had given me an accolade for being helpful, I didn't even know that was a thing so that was nice, no doubt from someone I revived. Hopefully as the community settles there's more talking, the game itself is great.
you are going to find a much larger, talking and dedicated community on PC for a game like that,I am sure

Oct 29, 2017
Squad

Post Scriptum, if you want another WW2 one

This is the right answer. Squad is a polished game that essentially between Battlefield and ARMA. It requires communication and cooperation, making it very immersive, but it doesn't have much of the hassle of ARMA in terms of milsims. It still has depth (command hierarchy, logistics) but isn't overburdened.

OP
OP
coldsagging

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Squad looks like it might be the perfect middle ground for me, definitely going to give that a go.

Just had some good games of HLL actually, a little more teamwork and cooperation. My squad tried to stick together for a start. We had a moment where we tried to clear a house. I tried to throw a grenade inside through the window, there's no crosshair so I just gave it my best guess. I just missed and it bounced back out and killed 2 of my team lol. Otherwise we did pretty well.