• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best 5th Ranger/Sentai color?

• Green

Votes: 207 49.3%
  • Black

Votes: 172 41.0%
  • White

Votes: 41 9.8%

• Total voters

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
No, hubcap face is way stranger than this.
I mean this is like the fifth car themed season and both head lights and the shape of the car front have been done before so hubcap is what's left.
Battle Fever pink has a freakin wig!
Could you swap one of the colors out of the OP Title and have that be one of the choices?

Or are those 4 colors seen as usually the "staple" colors?
Eh kinda? Red, blue and pink tend to be the most frequent. Yellow gets swapped for orange a surprising amount but those seasons of Sentai rarely got adapted. If it's a 3 member core team it's always Red and blue then either pink or yellow(tho more commonly a yellow). But on a five member team it can be orange instead of yellow all the way back to Battle Fever J. Usually black and green are interchangeable for the other slot.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Eh kinda? Red, blue and pink tend to be the most frequent. Yellow gets swapped for orange a surprising amount but those seasons of Sentai rarely got adapted. If it's a 3 member core team it's always Red and blue then either pink or yellow(tho more commonly a yellow). But on a five member team it can be orange instead of yellow all the way back to Battle Fever J. Usually black and green are interchangeable for the other slot.

That's neat. I never watched past the initial first couple seasons of Power Rangers, so I don't know how consistent the colors are in subsequent sentai series.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That's neat. I never watched past the initial first couple seasons of Power Rangers, so I don't know how consistent the colors are in subsequent sentai series.
Well to be fair including the Sentai side here. But yeah the main recurring colors over the years have been:
Core five: red, blue, Pink or White, Black or Green, Yellow or Orange.
On shows with more rangers outside the five, white, purple and orange are the most common when you get past 6(whites tend to be two-tone and a couple get grouped with their secondary color tho. With a couple exceptions). Tho 3 core team ones can be weird with secondary colors like Ninja Storm having 2 blues and 2 reds but the outsider ones having different darker shades. There's also the one offs or rare colors. There's been several Gold rangers. There was even a titanium and a graphite ranger(tho I think those tend to get grouped under silver)

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Green, black and blue all got interchanged on the Sentai side for decades(and several of those shows made it over like in space). White has almost always been sixth ranger. But a lot of more recent shows didn't stop at six either. As of a couple Sentai shows back Orange got added to the core five rotation too(with yellow getting added to the rotation group). Current team for example:
Oh my god those masks lol