TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
This has been the worst patch I've seen in quite some time. Just crazy how it completely broke the game.

OP
OP
spyroflame0487

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I don't really mind it. It's obviously a very weird combat system for a multiplayer mode, but it's fun to get good at flicking the stick up perfectly for a headshot.

Then again, I don't really engage in a lot of the PvP events, so maybe I'd hate it if I did, haha.
Honestly the change in it was good and flicking up to get the headshot helps a TON when fighting NPCs so its actually helped me to become a better aim/able to deal with enemies very quickly.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still shocked at how bad Rockstar managed to fuck up RDO.

I have countless hours on GTAO even with all the warts, and expected to do the same with RDO but the game is on another level of shitty.

This is something you would see Bethesda doing, not Rockstar.

OP
OP
spyroflame0487

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
This is something you would see Bethesda doing, not Rockstar.
I actually remember seeing someone say "When did Bethesda take over this game?" lmao.

The game is still broken (going on Day 2) for anyone who's watching this unfold. Whats even more of a fuck you to players is that there's some pretty good bonuses going on right now in game. And of course since many players can't play, their daily streaks are being broken.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Embarrassing. I played quite a lot for a good two+ weeks earlier in the year and it was fine enough, but nothing remotely special, but the number of hackers really killed my interest. The missions themselves were decent and the general gameplay loop of hunting and trading and just exploring that world was good enough for the most part even if very grindy. But every couple hours having some asshat warp you and everyone else 50 feet in the air to drop to your death, often resulting in your horse with tons of pelts on it dying and losing all of that, or happening in the middle of a trade run and having to restart that entirely was beyond annoying and killed what little joy the game provided.

Unless you're playing with friends in a posse and doing stuff together the online elements of RDO are fucking garbage and do nothing but make for a frustrating experience that is pretty much only worthwhile if you enjoy griefing.

I'm far more inclined to just play the single player game despite it missing some of the QoL additions and new job loops since I know I won't have to worry about or deal with any of the online bullshit, both the intended and unintended elements.

Update: Rollback to previous version
OP
OP
spyroflame0487

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

So uh..it took them 72 hours to *roll back to the previous version of the game*?
Man, not even an apology. I know the community was kind of hoping for some compensation (which seemed unlikely) but not even apologizing for the game being broken really sucks. :/

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017

So uh..it took them 72 hours to *roll back to the previous version of the game*?
Man, not even an apology. I know the community was kind of hoping for some compensation (which seemed unlikely) but not even apologizing for the game being broken really sucks. :/

The really funny part is the German servers worked the entire time I played on them last night for four hours straight no crash lol.

OP
OP
spyroflame0487

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Does that mean just undoing the recent 3 gig patch?
Yep, except you have to reinstall the 3GB still.

The really funny part is the German servers worked the entire time I played on them last night for four hours straight no crash lol.
I saw some people mentioning that glitching into solo lobbies actually made the game playable which is also really baffling? How broken is the RDO online infrastructure where solo lobbies/foreign lobbies have no problems?

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly the online portion of this game never worked for me at all since day 1 i got disconnected from the game every 5 minutes...but GTA online works fine...go figure...

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
The only issue I've had with RDRO (PC) is being able to summon my dang hunting wagon. :( Otherwise, the game has been working fine.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I demand compensation for my lost challenge streak.

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
Most of those glitches look like an unplayable mess but the idea that Judge Holden from Blood Meridian might occasionally show up to stalk you sounds amazing.