Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
The OTs here are already right up there with some of my favorite OTs from the old place. Great job.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
I recommend Hostiles with Chrstain Bale, came out last year pretty good Western plus Bale is awesome
p14647022_v_v8_ab.jpg
I'll have to check that one out. I really enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma with him and Russell Crowe. Not the world's best western but still a good flick.

I don't think I realised how hyped I am for this game until this OT. I've been so busy with life I haven't had much of a chance to get keen. My life is not going to calm down for a few weeks yet, but then I am going to bury myself in this.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Not sure if I can post this here, but it seems that it's going to take around 2 hours to install the game for those of us getting the physical copy.

1 hr for both discs apparently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9qqis0/going_home_more_inc/

Edit: clarified by the OP of this Reddit thread "First disc install it's data in about an hour, now second disc is installing 50 minutes left so about 2h"

God damn..

Maybe I should go digital.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if I can post this here, but it seems that it's going to take around 2 hours to install the game for those of us getting the physical copy.

Edit: clarified by the OP of this Reddit thread "First disc install it's data in about an hour, now second disc is installing 50 minutes left so about 2h"

Glad I went digital.

That said, anyone know if day one patches get dropped prior to unlock times or nah? Would be nice if that was applied to the pre-load before unlock.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017

Hoping it would be more like an hour. The patch will download while it's installing at least right? Maybe I'll be playing by midnight.

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
2 hours to install and I probably won't receive the game from Amazon until late in the evening *sigh* it's funny because I usually go digital with every game, but I had some Amazon credit. Oh well. Guess I'm staying up all night Friday.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

Jesus, no wonder they're selling the game at 9pm local at stores.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
For those getting the physical copy, we only have to wait for the initial install ONE time.

No need to switch to digital just because we have to wait a bit longer for something we only need to do once. That's just me though. I still prefer physical.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017

Fuck :(

Maybe I'll get two hours in, I'll just sacrifice some sleep lol

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
Did anybody preorder the digital version off Amazon by any chance? For some dumb ass reason, my copy got delayed. They said i'd get the code today so I can preload it, but nothing so far.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to check that one out. I really enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma with him and Russell Crowe. Not the world's best western but still a good flick.

I don't think I realised how hyped I am for this game until this OT. I've been so busy with life I haven't had much of a chance to get keen. My life is not going to calm down for a few weeks yet, but then I am going to bury myself in this.

I was also gonna reccomend 3:10 to Yuma lol Bales just made for western movies cause how good he plays in them

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Need to decide between Pro and X. Was going to try to get it early from a local shop, but I think I'll wait to see which looks better before eventually moving to PC.

So much hype!

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Jesus, no wonder they're selling the game at 9pm local at stores.
Crazy thing is, I live in the Netherlands and here stores are strictly prohibited to sell the game before 00:00 on the 26th. And there are only a handful of stores across the country that have a midnight opening. I asked my local gameshop (which is the biggest videogame retailer in the country) if they would sell it at midnight, or maybe around 9 on thursday, but they told me they would only sell it early if Rockstar would send them an email about it before 5:30, and only if they could sell it between 6 and 8. What makes it even more crazy is that apparently it already unlocks on thursday at 13:01 on PSN and Xbox Live, according to the VG247 article that's posted on this page, which would make it even more dumb to forbid physical sales until friday. So Americans seem to be pretty lucky when it comes to this game.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder how quickly DF will have an analysis or at least an initial one. Really curious how this games performance is.

Status
Not open for further replies.