Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Honestly? Not have it. For generic NPCs I'm seeing basically the same conversations on repeat mostly because I've heard the bits and pieces of it before so many times. It's robotic, and to me proves that the effort to make it happen isn't worth it.
Having the player walk up to an NPC and having nothing to say would be a terrible solution. The very nature of the camp interactions is that they're very much fluid, so you can just start walking away once you notice that it's using one of the standard "how you doing?" lines.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Can you remove weapons from the horse? I basicaly always use the same 2 weapons so it gets annoying to have to scroll through more and more weapons everytime I get off the horse.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
You have to love yourself a fire.
It's one of the blessings..
freely given to all.
And yet, perhaps
not freely given.
I am reminded of Prometheus.
In many ways, the Greek myths are best
at explaining the very punishments
that imbue our daily existence with their piquant tortures.
Sure, we can have fire.
And we can have the knowledge of fire.
But with that comes the knowledge of everything...
We become like a God.
Because to be all powerful is to be all suffering.
Yes...
Thus, Prometheus gave us light,
and warmth,
and eternal damnation,
and the awareness of our isolation for everything holy.
Quite the conundrum, fire.
Hmm?..

It's enough to make a man drink...
...or worse.

Last edited:

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that pharmacy heist in valentine is hard (is not a mission, but people will know what is about)

There's a way to break the wood that blocks the backdoor? Haha

tokyostomp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How the heck do you sleep? I'm at my base camp and I have no idea how to rest. I see a picture of Beatrice Morgan but I can't lie down?

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain nodes to me? The health and stamina is the bar around the ring, right? What do the things in the center mean?

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
No joke, the lack of Liars Dice is extremely disappointing.
It's such a ridiculous omission - it's almost like they're just waiting for an expansion/update to include it, since it was one of the favorite mini-games in the original Red Dead Redemption. Now throwing a Billiards Hall, Horseshoes and some Boxing and you have the Western game of all time.

...oh and ponchos if there aren't any already.

...and Mexico ;)

Oct 29, 2017
Having the player walk up to an NPC and having nothing to say would be a terrible solution. The very nature of the camp interactions is that they're very much fluid, so you can just start walking away once you notice that it's using one of the standard "how you doing?" lines.

Of course, but I'm mostly saying that the immersion gets broken when you hear a conversation take on a somber tone but the very last line is from a pool of 20 "ok see ya later" "whatever you say!" it kinda undoes the fluidity that they were going for.

When I was talking about removing chatter I was actually referring to the random NPCs out in the wild/towns, not the camps. They could control the camps better, but walking around town I asked the same question to two different people "know anywhere where I can eat around here?" and they both said the same thing "dunno", "got me". Unless there's a specific emergent reason to talk to an NPC (they run up to me wanting help or something), I just don't do everyday chatter anymore, which is a bummer considering the amount of time and effort it must've taken to make every NPC talkable.

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
Can someone explain nodes to me? The health and stamina is the bar around the ring, right? What do the things in the center mean?
Basically the things in the middle show you when you need to eat/sleep. If they heart is empty you will slowly die for example but eating food will restore this and you can then regenerate Heath.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to "clear" your hairstyle?

I got it slicked back at the barber, but want to just go back to the natural messy style I had before the barber.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Tried really hard to enjoy this game today but I feel like I accomplished nothing.

Did the intro bounty. Great, got 50 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. A few minutes later I ended up in a scuffle outside of town, ended up with a 25 dollar bounty. Great, gotta go pay that off.

Did the intro quest for hunting legendary animals. Tried to hunt it by myself afterwards, got one-shotted. Great, I'll try again... except it's nowhere to be found.

Odyssey really spoiled me with how easy traversal was along with no fall damage. RDR2 just feels soooo arduous. I'm determined to like this game but man I hate it when games don't respect my time whatsoever.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just crafted a bunch of clothing items from the trapper. But then my character was hot, so I switched to a normal outfit I had saved.

Now I can't seem to find those items when I'm changing my clothes at camp. Are they just gone or what?

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018
Yep. As mentioned earlier fucking up racists and getting honor is my favorite thing in this game.
I then got to go kill a bunch of shitty racists that stole the wagon from the black doctor. Damn, Rockstar. Why put the good ol' fashion "kill a bunch of racist shitbags" stuff many hours into your game?

Stantron

Dec 5, 2017
I had a really crazy moment tonight regarding a stranger I helped days ago.

There was a guy with an arm injury. He was dying so I ran him to the doctor who amputated his arm. Today I was going through town, and a guy was being hung for murder. It was him! Arthur made mention that he saved him once. Cop responded that we can't save them all. Soooo awesome!
I had the same thing happen as well. I was wondering what would happen if I tried
to save him to get his side of the story but didn't want to raise all hell in the middle of town. Even aiming my gun to see if I could shoot the rope would have caused a ruckus I reckon. Not even sure it's possible. lol

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I've just started chapter 2. This is some amazing home entertainment. I don't even think of it as a video game. I think of a video game as something that I can plug in whenever I want and play with a clear expectation for what I'm going to get for a varying amount of time.

This is something else. Long-form home entertainment with the objective of completely absorbing me in a unique world. It's what Rockstar has always done well. There have been others that have staked a claim in the same territory like Yakuza 0 or Bioshock but this is really on a whole other level.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to cancel Deadeye? I just tried to stop a pair of gang members who were hauling away a wagon full of dead and living victims, and I accidentally marked the woman in the wagon. But with no way I know of to cancel dead eye I was forced to just wait and watch my dude shoot her in the head. :(

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to cancel Deadeye? I just tried to stop a pair of gang members who were hauling away a wagon full of dead and living victims, and I accidentally marked the woman in the wagon. But with no way I know of to cancel dead eye I was forced to just wait and watch my dude shoot her in the head. :(

I believe you just press the dead eye button again, instead of pulling the trigger.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm trying but can't find a rolled up sleeve shirt so I can replicate the vest + rolled up sleeve look.

Anyone know where I can buy it ? or if it's a full outfit set, where that would be ?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm trying but can't find a rolled up sleeve shirt so I can replicate the vest + rolled up sleeve look.

Anyone know where I can buy it ? or if it's a full outfit set, where that would be ?
You don't buy it, but rather hit MODIFY while on the main screen of your change clothes chest at your bunk. You can then roll up any shirts you have and put pants over boots.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Permanent horse death is some bullshit. My horse died near the end of the game randomly as I'm doing shit for a stranger mission on a train. Took forever to reach max bonding and it was one of the rare ones.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

lmao, you don't buy it, it's just an option you can do with most any regular shirt. You just have to view it in your wardrobe at camp and then go to "customize" (Square on ps4 I believe) and you can select to roll the sleeves up, have your shirt collar open/shut, and your pants tucked in your boots or over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.