• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thx. Don't know if I'll double dip tho. I'm above recommended spec but also have the X version at home. And the added content does not sound that special.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
I'm probably going to double dip but I'll wait for some reports e.g. is the game somehow locked down to prevent mods or some other shenanigans made to prevent people cheating in online but also ruining single player modding in the process. Rockstar needs to start making separate games for online and story.

Based on the screenshots looks pretty much like just higher resolution and better textures to me. The new content is rather low effort stuff.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Price in Brazil is fucking trash. Yeah, the dollar is destroying our currency, but anything more than 200BRL is pure fuckery

Deep Friar

Mar 17, 2018
You know, I'm surprised there's no ray tracing included. Maybe next-gen port of the PC version will be coming...? I don't know, seems like a big omission.

ExaKel

Feb 18, 2019
I skipped the console release in favour of the PC and bought the ultimate edition on the RS launcher.

excited to play it.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
You know, I'm surprised there's no ray tracing included. Maybe next-gen port of the PC version will be coming...? I don't know, seems like a big omission.
That usually requires a push from Nvidia at the moment. The next gen consoles will end up using AMD's hardware ray tracing solution, which doesn't exist on PC yet. So the code can't just be ported over.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Impressed Rockstar Launcher seems to have a decent refund policy. The whole 2 hour limit affecting the preorder bargain bin games is a little scummy, but wouldn't be touching them myself. Probably gonna end up buying it there.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So when do we expect the 4K 60FPS trailer? That going to be the launch trailer (So sometime between Nov 1st-5th) or do you think they'll release it earlier?

Do we think it'll be along the lines of a more traditional trailer or will it focus on the actual PC features/difference, more of a showcase trailer?

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Unless it's with blu-ray discs, I wouldn't count with it. Maybe a boxed release with a game code and that's it.
My gf preordered the physical game on Amazon Spain because the price got pretty good a few days ago (it's back to normal now), the Amazon listing says it's just a code in a box. No disc.
No lleva un CD físico con el juego, incluye código descargable
"Doesn't include a physical CD with the game, includes a download code"

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Is it confirmed that we are going to be getting a physical release for PC, just like with GTA V?
Unless it's with blu-ray discs, I wouldn't count with it. Maybe a boxed release with a game code and that's it.
My gf preordered the physical game on Amazon Spain because the price got pretty good a few days ago (it's back to normal now), the Amazon listing says it's just a code in a box. No disc.

I was just going to post about this and yeah, I would count on a code in a box. The game is way too big for DVDs at this point (GTAV started at 60GB and came on like 8 DVDs in a nice package), but Rockstar is one of those companies that still likes to hold onto retail presence for its PC games.

Nov 5, 2017
I was just going to post about this and yeah, I would count on a code in a box. The game is way too big for DVDs at this point (GTAV started at 60GB and came on like 8 DVDs in a nice package), but Rockstar is one of those companies that still likes to hold onto retail presence for its PC games.

If it's too big for DVDs, why not do what current gen console releases do and release the game on Blu-ray?

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
If it's too big for DVDs, why not do what current gen console releases do and release the game on Blu-ray?

The whole reason PC started abandoning physical retail (at least in North America) is because Blu-Ray drives in PCs never caught on. Not enough PC users own them to justify manufacturing BD-ROM versions of PC games. The only PC game I remember ever having a physical BD-ROM release was GTA IV, and that was an optional thing alongside the DVD version. PC gamers by and large transitioned from DVD to digital.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy

The amwazon link is gone, I guess they removed it?

But yeah, key only makes sense, too big for dvds and most ppl don't use BR on PC... still a shame since I really liked the physical version on GTAV on PC.

Oct 26, 2017
The whole reason PC started abandoning physical retail (at least in North America) is because Blu-Ray drives in PCs never caught on. Not enough PC users own them to justify manufacturing BD-ROM versions of PC games. The only PC game I remember ever having a physical BD-ROM release was GTA IV, and that was an optional thing alongside the DVD version. PC gamers by and large transitioned from DVD to digital.

The other way around, Bluray drives never caught on because before that broadband adoption reached most people.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is the "free upgrade to the next edition" thing still going on, or did that end yesterday?

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Greenman Gaming offers Standard edition for 52.79 euros whereas the Special edition is 59.99€ on Rockstar launcher (65€ on GMG) and Standard is not offered there at all. I wonder if I buy the Standard will I still just get the Special Edition crap? I have the standard edition afaik on PS4 and still got the bank robbery mission unless this is another one.

Special edition is listed as "Free upgrade from Standard Edition" on Rockstar launcher store page but curiously Ultimate edition says "Free upgrade from Special Edition". Now, it's not exactly free if it costs a lot of extra money...

EDIT: So I fell into their trap and prepurchased the game on Rockstar launcher. I guess how the "Free upgrade" works is that despite everywhere saying you bought the Special Edition it just shows "Go to game" if you go to Ultimate edition on the store page.

Seems Rockstar has also dropped the preorder free games from two games to one game.

32b4229145de0a2c1171b9b5757f25dfaa1bbf7b9be0b687be4dd5aec76a34d6.jpg

Last edited:

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Green man gaming is typically always the best way to buy PC games. I'll wait for them to either offer or send me a 20 percent off coupon. No interest in their roulette game, 4 bucks back in credit isnt worth it.

Last edited:

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
The amwazon link is gone, I guess they removed it?

But yeah, key only makes sense, too big for dvds and most ppl don't use BR on PC... still a shame since I really liked the physical version on GTAV on PC.
They removed the product page, but my gf's preorder is still there. They haven't cancelled it. In fact, they recently sent me an email regarding the preorder informing me that the release date is now December 5 (so apparently the physical release is going to release the same day as the Steam one).

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
No Steam page as of yet. Guessing you won't be able to preorder there until after the November 5 launch. 🤷‍♀️

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
No Steam page as of yet. Guessing you won't be able to preorder there until after the November 5 launch. 🤷‍♀️
I don't expect Steam preorders to be available at all. My guess is they'll just enable the buy button when the game launches. Rockstar REALLY doesn't want us buying the game on Steam.

Still gonna buy it on Steam tho

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Greenman Gaming offers Standard edition for 52.79 euros whereas the Special edition is 59.99€ on Rockstar launcher (65€ on GMG) and Standard is not offered there at all. I wonder if I buy the Standard will I still just get the Special Edition crap? I have the standard edition afaik on PS4 and still got the bank robbery mission unless this is another one.

Special edition is listed as "Free upgrade from Standard Edition" on Rockstar launcher store page but curiously Ultimate edition says "Free upgrade from Special Edition". Now, it's not exactly free if it costs a lot of extra money...

EDIT: So I fell into their trap and prepurchased the game on Rockstar launcher. I guess how the "Free upgrade" works is that despite everywhere saying you bought the Special Edition it just shows "Go to game" if you go to Ultimate edition on the store page.

Seems Rockstar has also dropped the preorder free games from two games to one game.

32b4229145de0a2c1171b9b5757f25dfaa1bbf7b9be0b687be4dd5aec76a34d6.jpg

I did it on Tuesday morning and I got 2 games (Bully and Max Payne 3) out of it.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
I don't expect Steam preorders to be available at all. My guess is they'll just enable the buy button when the game launches. Rockstar REALLY doesn't want us buying the game on Steam.

Still gonna buy it on Steam tho
There isn't gonna be a preorder at all.

''Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to purchase on Steam this December ''
Makes sense... and only strengthens my resolve to purchase on Steam in December lol

Was still curious to see if a Steam page had gone up but nada.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
If only by some miracle they allow us the carry over our console saves. I bought the game at launch as PS4 Pro bundle, I'm still at the end of Act III. I love the game but I have a 1440p 144Hz monitor and the IQ is bad and the 30fps with minor dips are not helping it. It's a bad experience when coming from 144hz Destiny 2 PC session my head literally hurts while playing the game but I don't want to start all over again so I don't know what to do.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
I did it on Tuesday morning and I got 2 games (Bully and Max Payne 3) out of it.
I debated getting Bully but settled on Vice City and MP3. Haven't visitied VC in years!

If only by some miracle they allow us the carry over our console saves. I bought the game at launch as PS4 Pro bundle, I'm still at the end of Act III. I love the game but I have a 1440p 144Hz monitor and the IQ is bad and the 30fps with minor dips are not helping it. It's a bad experience when coming from 144hz Destiny 2 PC session my head literally hurts while playing the game but I don't want to start all over again so I don't know what to do.
I'm more or less around Act III as well (can't pinpoint it, tbh, it's been a while), but I won't mind playing over the initial parts again in 1080p120 or 4k60. I feel I'm far enough away from my initial playthrough that I can get through the story without a hitch while not having to explore the entire map again. That'll streamline my playthrough and save a lot of time.

Deleted member 24646

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, if that was the case I don't think they'd release the game on Steam a mere month after the launch on Rockstar. 🤷‍♂️

I thought valve put in a new clause that says games have to come to steam 1 month after being available elsewhere or not at all. The question was if they were actually going to hold people to it.