• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metascore Prediction

• 97 or above

Votes: 445 29.8%
  • 93-96

Votes: 754 50.5%
  • 90-92

Votes: 179 12.0%
  • Below 90 (come on son)

Votes: 116 7.8%

• Total voters

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
An open world game with that visual fidelity and overall production value basically starts at 85 as a baseline.

Yeah I think so too. But an 85-90 and basically anything below a 95 will lead to lots of threads with extremely deflated and betrayed fans.

People never learn. The game could legimately fail to break into the top metacritic contenders

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Well, we all know how the reviews will turn up from the previews already. A better game than GTAV that's for sure

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
"There's too much to do in this game that it distracts you from ever being able to compete the story!

3/5"

I'm feeling a 98.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Only a day to see if I should pick up day one? Ugh

I asked Bret Hart and he said 4/10, not in his top 1000 video games.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Coincidentally 10/25 is the day when everyone will forget the 100hr workweek controversy.

If you mean reviewers, that shouldn't affect review scores anyway. They're reviewing the product. Not how it was made.

If you mean players, yeah, people will buy the game regardless. Nothing will stop them. Most people don't care anyway.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
95. This is going to be a defining game for the 8th gen.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever it will be, you can be sure that people will be freaking out of the completely arbitrary differences in the 93-98 whatever spectrum.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Well yes, it and Odyssey are the only two this gen above a 95. Way less than last gen.

I say it's less about reviewers being harsher and more about that last gen had many innovative games and this gen is basically more of the same but bigger and prettier with a sadder story. Last gen was a big jump in tech and that allowed huge leaps in game design. This gen not so much.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Maybe it's just to give the reviewers enough time to really explore and do as much as they can in the game without rushing... I'm guessing review copies are already out and about.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
I'm known in my neighborhood because of my legendary metascore prediction skill:

I'm serious tho, the previews were gushing in a level I've never seen before, even Edge reads like it will give the game a 11/10.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just here for the people crying "UNPROFESSIONAL!" at whichever reviewer happens to drop the Metacritic from a 90-something to a 90-something-minus-1.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
The Metacritic score will be the same as the weekly hours a Rockstar employee works

I'm not concerned a single bit about their embargo being just the day before. If it was a brand new/unproven developer and/or a brand new IP, I'd be worried, but Rockstar have proven themselves time and time again.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Going with the high 60s, because although the game will be indisputably great, the workplace practices exercised during its development will be decried across the board, as journalists stand together to place the importance of employee well-being above game quality.

giphy.gif

Apr 9, 2018
Not saying this game won't be good but game review scores are pretty pointless if you can predict a top decile score with this level of confidence.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
93, amazing game but doesn't revolutionize the genre.

Have you read the previews?

As open worlds go this game is going to be a watershed moment and by most accounts everything that came before - including Rockstar's own software - will feel antiquated.

Every preview I've read has stated that this game is operating on an entirely different level. I haven't seen this type of effusiveness from the press for a very long time.

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
The games reviewers can't wait to hand out those 10s to a Rockstar game. If this gets below 97 I will be shocked.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My expectations are that the first two hours will be a 98. However the rest of the game, about 60.

So metascore, 98.

The amount of bs I've heard about this game before release would put a Bethesda fan to shame. Dynamic/believable world? Yeah right. Try looking at a horses arse for 20 minutes and then shooting a bunch of guys with clunky combat.