Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I kinda hate-played the game since the first moment but the story was amazing.

Top 3 game of the gen and a case study to why videogames not necessarily must be "fun".

lightchris

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I first played it on PS3, which is the inferior version. Apart from the technical issues, It felt really slow. I felt like I wasn't going anywhere, despite putting in hours. The ranch part was really tiresome for me. That's also where I gave up when I tried it a second time, on Xbox One this time.
I also really suck at aiming with controllers, and if RDR2 has as bad of a gameplay as people say then I suppose I really won't like it?

Yeah, sounds like you won't like it. The game is slow, and the shooting gameplay is pretty bad in my opinion.

I was more in for the story and atmosphere, and on that part the game is very, very well done and it got better the longer I played. I didn't even touch some of the meachanics like crafting or fishing or hunting for treasure, but just doing main and side quests kept me well entertained to the end. Overall it was a pretty special experience, not as fun as it should be on the gameplay side and yet entertaining, charming and memorable.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry to hear it didn't click for you.

It's one of my personal favorite games of all time. Took my time with the story and finally finished the epilogues Sunday night. I played it a little bit mostly every day, but kept getting sucked into side activities and world exploration, so it took me a while. I'm still cleaning up some side stuff, too. At the very least, I intend to get every trophy the single player has to offer.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
I rebought it again on PS4 after making a similar thread a little while back

....and recently gave up on it again after making it quite a ways into Ch.3. All the criticism about the mission structure really are true. Its the same.shit.over.and.over.again.
And yes, the Westworld comparisons are completely on point. There's nothing immersive about the world when you start to realize it really is just an extensive number of prescripted "bits"

Even my wife said, "holy shit! this game is boring!"

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I first played it on PS3, which is the inferior version. Apart from the technical issues, It felt really slow. I felt like I wasn't going anywhere, despite putting in hours. The ranch part was really tiresome for me. That's also where I gave up when I tried it a second time, on Xbox One this time.
I also really suck at aiming with controllers, and if RDR2 has as bad of a gameplay as people say then I suppose I really won't like it?
It's like RDR1 had a child with Shadow of The Colossus.

Take that as you will.

Mar 26, 2018
Game is amazing. i have no problem with the controls or gunplay. It feels like every rockstar game to me.
My game of the year if not generation. Bravo Rockstar.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad someone brought up the forced walking in the camp.

Just wait till you move to a new camp with a house. Hey your bed area has been moved to the first floor. Now you gotta slow walk into camp, slow walk into the house, the slow walk up the stairs

Rage inducing!

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The shooting sucked, I'll give you that.

But everything else was amazing. The way Arthur controls gets so much shit but the weight was great, every other open world character feels like they're running on air.

Best story, characters and open world this generation by a long ass way. My GOTG.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
One of the greatest game worlds every created. Incredible work by so many people. I cannot tell you how many hours I have played in it. I finished the main story 2 weeks ago and I'm putting in several hours every day and still discovering new things.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Man, I fucking KNEW it wasn't a good idea to buy this game. 9 times out of 10 I fall for the hype, but something this time was like....nah....

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

RDR2 is the game of the generation for me and many others. Its gameplay is excellent, as is the pacing.
But if you disliked the previous game for the reasons you said, you'll hate this one.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
The shooting sucked, I'll give you that.

But everything else was amazing. The way Arthur controls gets so much shit but the weight was great, every other open world character feels like they're running on air.

Best story, characters and open world this generation by a long ass way. My GOTG.

Most people I know move with a hell of a lot more agility than Arthur.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
yeah i'm not really feeling the game, just been nibbling away at it. probably spent more time with fallout 76 at this point

but i have stuff going on so i don't know how much i can blame the game itself. if i had a few hours a day to give it my undivided attention i'd probably be way more into it, so i haven't written it off but i'm not spellbound by it either

Fitzgerald

Feb 23, 2018
Alongside Witcher 3 undeniably the best game of the generation! Still only on chapter 2 (I restarted it after I found out I had the missing people in camp bug) and enjoying every minute of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.