• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
And I don't mean for posting, which I rarely do. Simply for searching for relevant information. With how cluttered the internet has gotten with SEO exploiting sites that copy paste info, Reddit is one of the few ways to quickly source information. Many internet searches I make I add "reddit".

Anyway that's all, I didn't realise how much I relied on it until just now when searching for info on Starfield and noticing how hard it is to find what I want without Reddit being available.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
I recently deleted both my reddit app AND my reddit account, and now I really cant go back

Not sure if its a positive change yet. Reddit's good for a lot of things, depsite all the bad

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
It is really the best place for niche communities. Where the hell could I get someone to discuss a loose ball joint on a specific Gunpla?

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Yea, I came here to see if it was only me…. I recently got into reddit (about a year or so ago) and didn't realize how much is pulled from there and posted on Resetera.

JSRF

"This guy are sick"
Aug 23, 2023
I wish there was a Kiwix reddit library or something. I have an offline self-hosted Wikipedia instance but I'd totally do a text-only Reddit if I could. Too late now that they've made scraping too hard.

When all of the subreddits went private in protest I realized how necessary Reddit was for troubleshooting so many things.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was trying to figure out if I can put Neosporin in my nose and all the links are redit so I dont know what to do.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The Reddit app itself has been horrible lately - but maybe it's just how they changed their feed. I feel like I'm constantly seeing stuff that only has 3 upvotes. If I wanted to see new, I'd go to new.

sfen

Nov 12, 2019
Error: Choose failed Missing field "user_id" in context for bucket_val = user_idError: Choose failed Missing field "user_id" in context for bucket_val = user_id
at Decider.choose (/src/packages/applications/monolith/bin/index.cjs:19115:41)
at isCustomFeedsDisabled (/src/packages/applications/monolith/bin/index.cjs:266576:32)
at Object.shouldInclude (/src/packages/applications/monolith/bin/index.cjs:266612:66)
at Resolver.shouldIncludeChild (/src/packages/applications/monolith/bin/index.cjs:175841:26)
at /src/packages/applications/monolith/bin/index.cjs:175901:40
at Array.reduce (<anonymous>)
at Resolver.iterate (/src/packages/applications/monolith/bin/index.cjs:175899:22)
at Resolver.iterate (/src/packages/applications/monolith/bin/index.cjs:175938:55)
at Resolver.iterate (/src/packages/applications/monolith/bin/index.cjs:175938:55)

yotsuben

Just one more thing...
Oct 25, 2017
PA
old.reddit.com still works fine, funnily enough. Must be something in the new UI breaking.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
aa67f6f998e6fd3597793f8b3b7b59f7.gif

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
I def spent way to much times on soccer reddit. Its pretty much the best place to get info.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was kind of counting on /r/dndmaps to get a couple of maps to finish up prep for my dnd game tonight.

I got something from somewhere else that will do, but made me realize just how much I depend on it.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
It's always a little interesting to me hearing about a thing someone finds super useful/indispensable whatever that I basically never use ever. Just goes to show, you can never tell.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Funny enough, I usually don't care, but I need a piece of information that a real world friend recently posted on reddit. My friend isn't reachable today and I can't send a work email until I get it. This might be my first "I need reddit kind of right now" moment ever.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Reddit is still the best website on the internet, despite the shitty admin. It's not only filled with useful information about literally everything, it's an incredibly good timewaster, and you can find a community even about the most niche things. I feel lost when it's down lol, I don't even know what else is there to do on the internet.

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't logged into Reddit since they shut down third party apps. When I was able to use the RIF app on Android, I was browsing Reddit for hours a day.

Now I only go there for a specific purpose, get the info I need, and then move on.