Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize so many people missed TotK's release date announcement.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo has done this many times in the past, where they release a Zelda title on the last model , as well as launch with their new hardware .

They need a big hitter for launch the successor to the Switch.

( just my thoughts).

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
it's amazing how much people keep forgetting that zelda already has a release date
People are trained to disregard Zelda release dates until there's a "final" trailer, pre-orders are up for the finalized Limited Edition, and the new Zelda-themed console/controller has been revealed and the Amazon listing preemptively posted as "sold out".

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We cannot confirm this to be legit, but we also cannot prove that it's false.

it definitely feels like something is incoming soon.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
I don't buy the Advance Wars thing. The game has been treated poorly, sure, but they're not just going to shadow-drop a game in a known franchise.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I really don't believe the Advance Wars part. Kirby is just around the corner. They wouldn't just drop it with no previous press coverage while Kirby coverage is ramping up.

Unless they really want to just dump that shit and kill the series for good, which I guess is possible.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
Doubt it. Would Advance Wars really have cardboard cutouts in Walmart? Is it even getting a physical release? Feel like the person put that in there cuz the rumour is that it's about to release soon and probably day of a Nintendo Direct

Edit: Okay it is getting a physical release but still not believing it

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
That title is confusing

Reddit rumour: Walmart received displays for Tears of the Kingdom, and Advance Wars. The latter with an "Available now" to be put up Feb 10th

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
don't care how bullshit this sounds, just want advance wars already

pls let me drop the $60 or whatever like a complete asshole so i can not play it till the years end and watch wario64 tweet out black friday deals of it being packed in with cereal boxes and continue asking why i am the way i am when the answer is like, right there

That title is confusing

Reddit rumour: Walmart received displays for Tears of the Kingdom, and Advance Wars. The latter with an "Available now" to be put up Feb 10th

this was obviously how i read it, as well yes
as opposed to imaging it was like "also zelda is here 3 months early, and only for sale at toys r us and select retailers"

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
This person could remember and write all that but couldn't take a picture?
Walmart will happily fire someone taking pics of promo material and it's easy to track

I don't buy the Advance Wars thing. The game has been treated poorly, sure, but they're not just going to shadow-drop a game in a known franchise.
I mean they've done a 2 week reveal to drop before. It had a marketing cycle it just got delayed in the middle of it
Doubt it. Would Advance Wars really have cardboard cutouts in Walmart? Is it even getting a physical release? Feel like the person put that in there cuz the rumour is that it's about to release soon and probably day of a Nintendo Direct

Edit: Okay it is getting a physical release but still not believing it
Wario ware did. There's 2 tiers of it tho, there's a smaller in case type

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
I'm gonna go ahead and call this BS, at least from my experience working at walmart.

We had a dedicated Nintendo rep come in every so often to refresh displays, stock games, and make sure the area was in good shape. Even if this is not the case for this person's store, it sounds like they work in the back unloading trucks. There is absolutely zero chance marketing materials were not packaged with street dates and zero visibility for what it actually is besides 'Department *number*", in this case being whatever department number their electronics section is.

So, while I guess anything is possible, I highly doubt this is legit.

Celestial Descend

Corrupted by Vengeance
Aug 15, 2022
Nintendo fucked up Tears of the Kingdom marketing so bad that even people on Era don't know the release date.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
A shadow drop for Advance Wars might be the best option at this point. Russia's horrible war is widely expected to ramp up next month. Dropping AW this month with minimal marketing might be the safest way to get a return on that investment, especially since the news cycle next month might make any lighthearted depictions of war appear tone-deaf.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
lmfao I definitely missed the comma and thought both TotK and AW were gonna be 'available now' which would be the most insane shadow drop of all time lmaooo

Ssyem

Banned
Mar 15, 2022
Sweet. Been craving some SRPG action but couldn't get into Fire Emblem because I hate social sims (same reason I haven't got more than a few hours into P5 despite many attempts.)

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Basically all Nintendo fans? Nintendo will sometimes shadow-drop small new IPs, but if it's got a franchise name attached, even a minor one, they're going to do some promotion.

Nintendo probably doesn't want to do an extended marketing campaign for a "war" game, especially after delaying it because of the Russian invasion starting

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
There's zero proof to back any of this up.

Why even begin to take it seriously?

Antoo

May 1, 2019
i follow the mcu leak scene pretty closely and i've never heard of this person before