• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

Not sure if this is the place to put this, but I wanted to share. I work at my local Walmart and every Monday, Wensday, and Friday we get our truck delivery, One truck is for produce, refrigerator foods, ect...and the other one is for general merchandise

On the general merchandise truck, we received three new cardboard displays for our gaming section.

One is a minecraft Legends display with its release date.

The other is a Tears of the Kingdom display with its release date.

Finally, the last one is an Advanced Wars display that says "avaliable now," and the documents attached with it said to put the display up on February 10th.

We haven't gotten any advance Wars physical copies in yet to my knowledge, but it's possible they come on the Friday or Monday truck, especially with the game not being announced yet, but I thought I would share this for the world.

View: https://twitter.com/emberonculture/status/1620992716841656321?s=46&t=ZKBr8d6vrMISsxXjOglVlg

Take it with a grain of salt of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
I know we all want a Direct but please stop making threads from random things from that subreddit

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Hope it is up for preorder by then, I'd love to get it for a good friend who's birthday is on the 11th.

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
First HiFi Rush and now advance wars shadow drop. A lot of shadowdrops lately (pls be shadowdropped)

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
The good thing is we should know by next week if it's fake or not.
Both things can happen actually - the direct and release of the game can be next week and that post can be fake too. We've already heard a bunch of noise about a direct happening next week and advanced wars coming back. This person might just be using that info to make that story up on reddit.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Both things can happen actually - the direct and release of the game can be next week and that post can be fake too. We've already heard a bunch of noise about a direct happening next week and advanced wars coming back. This person might just be using that info to make that story up on reddit.

True. but if displays do go up Feb 10th at Walmart it gives more credibility to the person.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
The thread title really makes it sound like both games will be "available now." Maybe should be adjusted a bit.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
The other is a Tears of the Kingdom display with its release date.

couldnt you just say the date at this point?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If this is true, we should be getting more rumblings about shipments of physical copies soon.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Well that fuels more fire that a Nintendo Direct is happening most likely next weekz. I would wager than Nintendo would want a Direct focused more on Tears of the Kingdom before release. Can't wait TBH

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
it's amazing how much people keep forgetting that zelda already has a release date

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
This is that wild philosophy thought that your perception can be wrong but you can validate your perception with fact to believe it's right.

You see a bunny go into a bush.
"There is a bunny in the bush"
Moments later the bunny comes out.
"I saw the truth correctly."

But you didn't actually see a bunny go in the bush, you mistakenly saw a squirrel go in, thought it was a bunny, but in fact a bunny was in the bush. But no one, including you can disprove your perception.

Anyways, video games lol. Hope this rumor is true, I could use a good direct, guess it would be on Wednesday or Thursday or something?

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
This is that wild philosophy thought that your perception can be wrong but you can validate your perception with fact to believe it's right.

You see a bunny go into a bush.
"There is a bunny in the bush"
Moments later the bunny comes out.
"I saw the truth correctly."

But you didn't actually see a bunny go in the bush, you mistakenly saw a squirrel go in, thought it was a bunny, but in fact a bunny was in the bush. But no one, including you can disprove your perception.

Anyways, video games lol. Hope this rumor is true, I could use a good direct, guess it would be on Wednesday or Thursday or something?
Haha. Personally I think the direct is next week because we've been hearing a lot of noise from the usual credible people with good reputations. This reddit post is in question. You'll notice that this information came out after the majority of it was public and being corroborated already (i.e. direct next week, advance wars coming back etc).

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Are they really just going to sneak copies of what is probably a very limited run of this game onto shelves with no opportunity to pre-order

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
for a minute there i couldnt believe tears of the kingdom was coming out four months early.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
It's important to note leaks that have no "new" information are always shady
it's just repackaging info and normal expectations you already know or have

regardless, there's a direct in feb because there almost alwaysis. Whether there's reddit stuff or not