• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
"4K/60 stable and at the same time kinda monster"

Leaker said about specs of the PS5. Wew.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
what the hell is a "small reveal"? and why would they do that to crush ps4 sales? they either reveal it or not. this makes zero sense.
He clarifies later in that thread that a small reveal is a PS Meeting. So spec targets, target renders/game announcements, and platform goals but no actual hardware reveal.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What month did they reveal the PS4 the very first time was it February 2013?

This kind of explains their weird E3 presence this year and now cancelling PSX. The big games in development they want to show have all been shown for the last 2 years. I fully expect at least one of them to be a cross gen launch title like Nintendo did.

We all know the Playstation 5 will be out between September 2019 and November 2020. Sony is able to coast with no E3 next year, the system will still sell amazingly.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Showing stuff on E3 week is important to get visibility, gaming websites get a lot more views during that period and there's a lot more buzz on social media so it's important to show something. My guess is that they will show the console in a separate event during E3 just to hype people up, but they won't have any games to show then, those will be ready only at PSX. It's kinda like Nintendo announcing the Switch but only showing the games a few months later.

I think that's possible and IMO points to 2 possibilities: either A) The PS5 has some new concept that they need to sell to people before showing the games, hence the Nintendo approach. Or the most likely B) There were some problems with the PS5 development. Maybe they changed specs, maybe the marketing, maybe the games will need more time to be developed, maybe they were preparing to launch it next year but had to delay it, dunno, but not being at E3 because you have nothing to show is weird and to me that sounds like something didn't go as planned.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Early 2020 means GoT, TLOU2 and DS will release sooner than many people think. Maybe all of them are releasing next year.
He says these games are not coming to PS4 anymore.

He says PS5 does 4k60 stable. That smells like bullshit... It is really generic we have so many kind of different games.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What games would they even have ready for a Q1 2020 launch?

Wait...

Holy shit.

The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding could all be ready by Q1 2020...

Imagine launching with 3 AAA exclusives with that caliber...

It is happening.

giphy.gif

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am so excited for PS5.
An excuse to buy a 4K TV, and hopefully they will be even more cheaper because of PS5/XB2 push.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Lol Anthem isn't getting delayed. EA bragged they could delay Andromeda if they had to and look how that turned out.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol if Anthem is delayed , ps5 is confirmed for march 2020. Can a journalist reconfirm Anthem date with ea ?Haha

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Not surprising. Still think it'll be fall 2020. Feels more likely then being 15/16 months out from a new whole generation.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Big if true. I was convinced it would be November 2020.

Glad I bought a 4K TV recently so I didn't have to do the expense with PS5 in close proximity heh.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
What games would they even have ready for a Q1 2020 launch?

Wait...

Holy shit.

The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding could all be ready by Q1 2020...

Imagine launching with 3 AAA exclusives with that caliber...

It is happening.
Sony isn't gonna release 3 games of this size at the same time. At least 1 will be released before on PS4 (probably even 2) and once the PS5 launch all 3 will have an update to make the game look and play significantly better on PS5.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
It does make sense. Sony showing very few new titles at recent E3 shows is a sign that they're running out of AAA exclusives for PS4 and whatever they're working on, it won't be anywhere near ready to be shown to the public by E3.

First party studios shifting to PS5 development already means that any new AAA title (save for a few that might release around launch) will take years and years to be developed. Expect to see a lot of cross-gen games again, from every developer.

asd202

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel 2020 launches for both next gen consoles.

My current feeling is holding off for Microsoft's next console. In terms of power, I don't see them putting out a weaker console again.

Damn, imagine a PS5 launching with TLoU2 and NeXtbox launching with Halo Infinite in the same year.

That's really plausible.

Final fantasy VII remake launch title here we go.

That's plausible as well however cross-gen. It will probably come out holiday 2020. Halo Infinite vs FFVII remake timed PS exclusive now that would be a battle in US market lol :P.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird to hear that "most devs" already have PS5 dev kits when the place I work at does not - so I dont believe that rumor at all. No one here knows anything about it yet, actually.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That makes no sense

If they plan to reveal it mid 2019 why not reveal it at E3?

Also, revealing it that early and then full blowout at PSX2019... that means Q1 2020 launch? I really cant see that happening.
Share the news cycle with Xbox? No chance. They know the competition is actually capable of not fucking it up next tine.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol This is turning into a rollercoaster of emotions. Also if Sony is having a Playstation Meeting mid 2019 ala PS Meeting Feb 2013, that would absolutely make up for no E3 event. It's not like we don't have other companies showing their own events away from E3.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Final fantasy VII remake launch title here we go.
Oh crap, I forgot about that game, what is up with it anyway? They may as well make it for next gen, but they already announced it for current gen right? With so many segments it would be weird for part to be on one gen and the rest on another. If they just continue to make it for both new and old the other segments of the game will be held back because of the old gen.

Sir Tsunami

Oct 25, 2017
Weird to hear that "most devs" already have PS5 dev kits when the place I work at does not - so I dont believe that rumor at all. No one here knows anything about it yet, actually.

Interesting. The leak sounds exciting, but the Anthem info makes it hard to believe. Everything seems like Anthem is coming no matter what.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Still thinking PS5 event between March and May 2019 (hence no E3), and release between Nov '18 and March '19.

You realize everything today has pretty much confirmed 2019 has been the plan, might still be the plan, with a good chance also for early 2020 launch?

Fall 2020 team is all but dead.

Uh.

No. Nothing today has even remotely "pretty much confirmed" that.

And the bolded is just insane. So I assume you meant to say '19 and '20.

But no, there is absolutely no chance of PS5 releasing in 2019.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Expecting 2020 release. Still hoping it's revealed in 2020 as well or super late 2019. Hoping Sony shows up at E3 in 2019 and it's better than this year.
What's this talk about Sony skipping E3 2019?

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The same poster said that Sony wasn't going to show up at E3 yesterday
Blah blah blah broken clock all that. I mean why would they reveal it in mid-2019 when that's when the biggest gaming even is. PS5 reveal along with the big PS4 games like Last of Us II playable and there's your show. But that's not what they're doing. I also don't really buy Anthem being delayed again since marketing is starting to get in full swing right now.

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm gonna ask for a thread lock because this person has now gone from saying it's releasing in a year to a year and a half to saying Sony wanna release it in March 2020 but might push it to November 2020. Don't see the point in keeping a thread open when the alleged leaker is contradicting himself/herself
Edit: typos

Status
Not open for further replies.