• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
I played the multiplayer so much on gamecube. XIII and Timesplitters 2 were so good in that category, plus the sp was truly fantastic

Aug 19, 2019
London
it hardly looks like a Comic anymore

69005109_10156602861087405_6321937674957488128_o.jpg

This forum knows how to pull my leg...

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Glad they finally released some screenshots, they had gone very quiet since the announcement and then pushing the release date back. Proves the game at least exists in some form! Looks fantastic too, true to the original while still updating it.

Lafazar

Oct 25, 2017
Bern, Switzerland
Can we get an actual ending this time instead of that stupid cliffhanger?

Game was okay, really unique visuals, but extremely janky gameplay, especially the far too rare checkpoints.

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was this ever really a 'classic'? I only remember there being some nasty insta-fail stealth missions that killed the flow for me.

Nov 28, 2017
beat this recently. not a great game. also ends on a cliffhanger to a sequel we're apparently never going to see, so what's the point of this?

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Didn't this end on a cliffhanger?
Can we get an actual ending this time instead of that stupid cliffhanger?

Game was okay, really unique visuals, but extremely janky gameplay, especially the far too rare checkpoints.
The story of XIII ends in cliffhanger. That's how it's always been. Sure, there are new comic books that add more to the story, but the original comics are meant to end in a shocked cliffhanger, and that's how the game ends.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Apologies for the nearly 3-year-old bump, but interestingly, it appears the game is unexpectedly getting a huge update on September 13, along with — at long last — the promised Switch version. A whole other studio, Tower Five, was brought in to help with the update, which includes better AI, UI, visuals, and sound design, as well as a 13-player online multiplayer mode. Wonder if this thing will actually be decent now.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this bump and was hoping to see a thread that started with optimism and slowly but surely turned into disappointment and disgust. Doesn't look like it ever go to the latter part :(