Oct 27, 2017
They're remaking the first two Mafia games?!

EDIT - no, Mafia 1 had a remake not too long ago. I assume this was a typo and meant to be Max Payne?

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
So the control spin off is the MP game that they had revealed earlier right? Or is this a third control game?

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
2023 seems to be the year where all the Covid delays are dropping

Please for the love of god games publishers spread out your releases and don't congest Q1 and Q4

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Feel like a lot of emphasis on Control but it being in the concept stages… that it's like a little too late to capitalize on it.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I though Control 2 was more advanced than that and near full production. Let's wait then.
As big as Remedy is these days, I don't think they are big enough for multiple big AAA games to be in full production at the same time. I imagine Control 2 will enter full production when Alan Wake 2 ships.

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
don't know why, but i figured the Max Payne remakes would be before the next Alan Wake and Control entries, as a way of them familiarizing themselves with the hardware/systems they'll use on those mainline games. the fact that both Alan Wake 2 and Control 2: Control Harder may come out before those Maximum Pain remakes make me really wonder how hard they're gonna go on those

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so we're going to wait a while before we see the Max Payne remakes huh. Damn.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Yeah that's what they had said earlier. That announcement had made me assume that the MP game would be first but it seems the other way round.
I still think the multiplayer game is first. We've seen some concept art for it and it's presumably a smaller project than Control 2, but who knows. Maybe they release Condor and Heron together.

My expectations for their release lineup is Alan Wake 2, then Condor, then Vanguard, then Control 2, then Max Payne 1 and 2 remakes.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
I still think the multiplayer game is first. We've seen some concept art for it and it's presumably a smaller project than Control 2, but who knows. Maybe they release Condor and Heron together.

My expectations for their release lineup is Alan Wake 2, then Condor, then Vanguard, then Control 2, then Max Payne 1 and 2 remakes.
Hasn't Vanguard been in development for much longer than Condor or Control 2 though? I mostly agree with you except I'll switch Vanguard to before. MP remakes could be anywhere - it all depends on the scope and we really have no idea what that'll be like.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Hasn't Vanguard been in development for much longer than Condor or Control 2 though? I mostly agree with you except I'll switch Vanguard to before. MP remakes could be anywhere - it all depends on the scope and we really have no idea what that'll be like.
Entirely possible. Vanguard has been in development for longer but seemingly with a smaller team, so it really could land anywhere.

As for Max Payne, they said the budget was comparable to a standard AAA production from Remedy, so there is no way they release before Alan Wake 2 or Control 2. I reckon they started development not long before or after the deal with Rockstar was signed.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Entirely possible. Vanguard has been in development for longer but seemingly with a smaller team, so it really could land anywhere.

As for Max Payne, they said the budget was comparable to a standard AAA production from Remedy, so there is no way they release before Alan Wake 2 or Control 2. I reckon they started development not long before or after the deal with Rockstar was signed.
I guess I missed the news about the budget of the remakes. In that case, yeah it would be after Control 2 at the least.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I want Control 2 ASAP but if there's any game that deserves priority over it, it's AW2. we've been waiting on that cliffhanger for too long 🙃

Kalentan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The spin-off is Project Condor, which is the multiplayer game.

The bigger Control game, Project Heron, is probably a Control sequel.

Yeah, we even have this one single art from Project Condor:

Condor_waitingroom.jpg

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Finally hopped on Control recently and I'm liking it way more than I expected. Excited about the prospects of a sequel. MP title, not so much, but I'm glad they're exploring the IP more instead of moving on.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Give me all the control games you can manage remedy! That SCP - MT simulator sounds really fun. Gimme.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I wish them the best, Control is one of the best games from PS4/XBO generation.

Kemono

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 27, 2017
So Max Payne remakes around 2025-2027?

That's fine with me. Maybe cross-gen with Playstation 6/XSXX.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Control is easily my favorite TPS since Horizon (if you'll allow me to consider it one). I eagerly await everything they put out.