• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
MOD EDIT: Updated the OP with new information and updated the title.

"The construction phase of the new strategy will still continue in 2018 and the investments made
according to it will burden the financial result. During 2018, the company will have two game
projects in the production phase, in which both the personnel expenses caused by them and
purchases of external services are at their highest. One of the projects is the company's own game
brand codenamed P7, in which the company's own financing plays a significant role. At the same
time, the company will launch a third game project, continuing recruitment and other investments
supporting the growth strategy. All of these will burden the company's financial result during 2018."

https://2qyvea42zlxl2lzrbajpdvgw-wp.../2018/02/Remedy-2017-financial-statements.pdf

Alan Wake and Max Payne developer Remedy Entertainment's mysterious upcoming third-person action game, codenamed P7, will release in 2019, the company has announced. We don't know much about P7 yet, other than it's a "cinematic third person action game" set in a "new Remedy-created universe" that will offer a "long-lasting experience". So, yeah, it could be anything.

Remedy also plans to launch a third, unannounced project during 2018, the financial statement revealed. Again, we don't know much, other than they'll be hiring new staff for the game, but it's still interesting. As well as P7 and this new project, Remedy is still developing the story mode for upcoming FPS Crossfire 2.

https://www.pcgamer.com/remedys-upcoming-third-person-action-game-codenamed-p7-will-be-out-in-2019

Last edited by a moderator:

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
That 3rd unannounced game releasing in 2018 came from nowhere, maybe it's a small project.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Phone game? I don't know how big remedy is but I don't think they're launching 2 triple a games in one year

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
source.gif

Here's hoping...

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
If I'm not mistaken they plan to start a new project this year, not release one. I remember seeing an article a few days ago and that's what it says... too bad I can't remember where I saw it otherwise I would I put the link as well.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe now with Gamepass and "long lasting seller" will make sense for MS to support Remedy and keep publishing their titles.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I'm not a fan of the games they've made, but that original vision for Alan Wake is still something I really want to see someone tackle. I know a lot of people thought Deadly Premonition was a masterpiece, but I am not amongst them. Someone is going to give me a mystery game in an town I can travers and investigate at will at some point, and I will finally be satiated. Maybe now's the time for them to revisit the idea.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Looking forward to P7, although long lasting experience does worry me. Hopefully it's a good single player game

Whatever the unannounced game for this year is, it's surely a smaller project. Maybe a mobile game, hopefully a smaller scale console project

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they announce a shift toward multiplayer games recently, or did my brain make that up? I haven't played a Remedy game in forever and I hope I get to do that sometime soon without being forced to suffer through miserable multiplayer modes.

Oct 26, 2017
Quantum Break looked pretty interesting to me so looking forward to this. It's supposed to be multiplatform right?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, they landed a Crossfire 2 gig. Hundreds of millions of players will play this.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to that announcement, hopefully long lasting won't mean multiplayer focused.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Whoa, very excited for this. Will be interesting who will publish those games.
Let's see what the 2018 game will be. A smaller project could be very interesting. Maybe something like Alan Wake: American Nightmare?

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Honestly, I thought quantum break was completely underrated. I guess it didn't jell with the narrative that Xbox has no exclusives.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
To summarize it all:

They are developing:
  1. The solo campaign of CrossFire 2 (Game #1)
  2. A service-based game (which will have online co-op multiplayer and a solo mode) called P7 and is published by 505games (it will be released on PS4 and Xbox in 2019). Probably their main project. (Game #2)
  3. A third unannounced game which will be released this year apparently (Game #3, no more information)

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
I interpreted "launch" in this instance as "begin", not "release". It makes very little sense to make a point that "they'll be hiring new staff" if the game is launching this year. It makes more sense if this is starting preproduction for the next big thing at the tail end of P7.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know the director moved to something else but to already be outsourcing Persona to western devs, Atlus really?

/s

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is a console exclusive, no?

Yes. Thats the only type of exclusive MS and console gamers care about.

It never sat well with me with MS not funding another exclusive, i can see the business side of it but Remedy are usually consistent.

Anyway, hoping Gamepass, rekindling Fable franchise and possibly Perfect Dark also means MS are investing in content from Remedy, more importantly, Alan Wake 2.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I'm not a fan of the games they've made, but that original vision for Alan Wake is still something I really want to see someone tackle. I know a lot of people thought Deadly Premonition was a masterpiece, but I am not amongst them. Someone is going to give me a mystery game in an town I can travers and investigate at will at some point, and I will finally be satiated. Maybe now's the time for them to revisit the idea.

by no means, any kind of triple-a, big production 'masterpiece'. but as a unique, b-grade, low/mid-budget effort? all things considered (story, characters, gameplay, music), yeah, it's a masterpiece :) ...

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man. I really want them to further dive into Alan Wake. It has some issues. But that is one of the few games from start to finish I was glued to. Expansion included which is sort of rare all by itself

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I interpreted "launch" in this instance as "begin", not "release". It makes very little sense to make a point that "they'll be hiring new staff" if the game is launching this year. It makes more sense if this is starting preproduction for the next big thing at the tail end of P7.

Yes, that seems to be the case.

The construction phase of the new strategy will still continue in 2018 and the investments made according to it will burden the financial result. During 2018, the company will have two game projects in the production phase, in which both the personnel expenses caused by them and purchases of external services are at their highest. One of the projects is the company's own game brand codenamed P7, in which the company's own financing plays a significant role. At the same time, the company will launch a third game project, continuing recruitment and other investments supporting the growth strategy. All of these will burden the company's financial result during 2018.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
by no means, any kind of triple-a, big production 'masterpiece'. but as a unique, b-grade, low/mid-budget effort? all things considered (story, characters, gameplay, music), yeah, it's a masterpiece :) ...
I know a lot of people regard it very highly, I just don't get it. I thought it was rubbish. I feel like someone who didn't understand Twin Peaks at all was obsessed with it. But I still desperately want that experience. Give me a small, coastal US town to fully explore. A simple murder mystery with a dark towns-folk conspiracy behind it. Please for the love of God someone finally make that game.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Love Remedy's style. They're the Xbox equivalent of Naughty Dog for me. Must haves.

Hoping for the best.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
To summarize it all:

They are developing:
  1. The solo campaign of CrossFire 2 (Game #1)
  2. A service-based game (which will have online co-op multiplayer and a solo mode) called P7 and is published by 505games (it will be released on PS4 and Xbox in 2019). Probably their main project. (Game #2)
  3. A third unannounced game which will be released this year apparently (Game #3, no more information)

This is what happens when MS audience didn't care for Remedy games. I believe AW and QB sold terribly for Remedy and MS.

I don't blame them for going 3rd party. It seems it was a friendly exit and they are still close with MS. I truly just blame the audience. Their games are amazing, instead Xbox fans just gravitate towards Gears, Halo, COD etc.

It is sad, but Remedy and MS sure tried to build a relationship.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I know a lot of people regard it very highly, I just don't get it. I thought it was rubbish. I feel like someone who didn't understand Twin Peaks at all was obsessed with it. But I still desperately want that experience. Give me a small, coastal US town to fully explore. A simple murder mystery with a dark towns-folk conspiracy behind it. Please for the love of God someone finally make that game.

yeah, that does sound good, tho possibly a little too low-key/non-violent for mass consumption? :) ...

afa dp, it's simply, imo, triple-a weirdness perfection, devoid of any redeeming value. nothing to be gained from it, really, other than lots of high-grade head-scratching type bemusement, something i personally love, &'ve seen very little of in gaming...