• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
god I wish that pilot had been ordered to series. It sounded amazing.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
I need more fever dream tv shows, goddamn did the golden age end just as TV was getting fucking weird enough.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I truly do not remember this at all, though I'm positive I read about it before.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
RB79dAwl.jpg

Such an odd show. Did the pilot air?

EDIT: Nope.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The cast was great. But that was a bad script and the series is clearly dead at this point.

It was probably dead before The CW sale.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
The leaked script was fucking dreadful. Very mean/cynical and dunked all over the original material.

Dec 30, 2020
All I recall about this was a post-sex scene moment from the script that was shared and it was just...

what.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
There is a world where a live action powerpuff girls could work. That script was not it though.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
reminder that the original script that leaked, the one where blossom is dealing with ptsd because she murdered mojojo or whatever, was deemed too campy and light hearted and the network wanted to go darker and edgier

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Did Mindy Kaling write it by any chance?

Mindy Kaling did not create the Velma show, nor is she the show runner, nor is she credited as a writer for any of the episodes.

Don't believe so, but the liberties / changes it took were very similar in spirit to that of Velma.

No, they were very clearly in line with shit like Riverdale, another The CW property. Edit: Actually looking back over the script, it's literally just The CW version of Netflix's The Umbrella Academy adaptation.

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I could have sworn that I read they canceled this and was going to retool it to be an adult animation show instead but I may be making that up.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
kinda expected this thread to say it was back in production lol

like this was always gonna be bad but it being cancelled robbed me of dove cameron as bubbles, so..

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, given all the criticism levied at her I thought she had greater involvement. My bad for not looking into it more.

It's an easy mistake to make because for whatever reason a lot of folks online act like she's the main creative for the show. she is an executive producer on the show, but "executive producer" can basically mean anything (i do think she was attached as the lead actor pretty early on, and maybe it was pitched to HBO as "Starring Mindy Kaling")

Wait...they filmed a pilot? I thought just the script leaked. I kinda wanna see the pilot...

They definitely filmed some of the very early scenes in the pilot script where the girls are still teenagers and Ms Bellum breaks up with Professor Utonium, because there are photos of them filming it.

Last edited: