• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
that's right, children

SURGE, the green energy soda that's not quite as good as Vault, does still exist!

and you can probably get some right now (as long as you live near a Burger King)

SURGE is still available, but EXCLUSIVELY at Burger King, and EXCLUSIVELY in Burger Kings with Coca Cola Freestyle machines

i know what you're gonna say next

"oh fat4all, you sexy chap I HAVE the burger king app, and I USE the burger king website to order ahead, and there is ZERO OPTION for SURGE, you fucking homewrecking vessel of lies"

a ha ha ha, you rube, you fucking idiot

THE BURGER KING APP AND WEBSITE DONT LIST SURGE BECAUSE IT SUCKS DICK

(the app is actually ok, it just doesnt list SURGE for some fucking reason)

You must go to the Burger King PHYSICALLY, and that Burger King MUST have a Coca Cola Freestyle machine

that's right, no SURGE deliveries, sorry grubhubbers

i know because i just did so today, im slurping on a SURGE right now, eating a Fanceroni Pizza from Little Caesars, and living my best life until i die of heart disease

- is this a guarantee at every single Burger King? probably not
- will it fill the Vault shaped hole in your heart? fuck no

but its worth a shot if you want some of that good good green energy soda (that's not as good as Vault)

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
my burger king that has surge doesnt even have surge listed on their drive thru menu

fucking dumb

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
21781%20-%20autoplay_gif%20goldberg%20headbutt%20machine%20monday_nitro%20soda%20surge%20wcw.gif

Oct 29, 2017
I had dunkaroos again recently for the first time since the 90s and they were awful. I'm worried that if I try Surge again (also would be first since the 90s) I'll find it awful as well.

I am cursed.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
this Fanceroni pizza is great btw

they gave me free crazy bread, too

May 26, 2018
Somewhere deep in the bureaucracy, a disheveled little man is signing endless paperwork to keep Surge alive however he can.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
ALSO

because its a Freestyle machine, you can get surge in 3 flavors

cherry
vanilla i think
and grape(?)

i dunno, i just go straight surge

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Why did surge go away before? Just before it's time? The taste? I remember seeing it everywhere in the 90s but I remember nothing else about it.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Is surge considered an energy drink? I thought it just had a fuckton of caffeine in it

When I was in high school there was a machine across the street that dispensed cans of surge exclusively for 25 cents a pop. 🎵 Those were the days 🎵

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
There used to be a Surge Shack at six flags magic mountain.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Is surge considered an energy drink? I thought it just had a fuckton of caffeine in it

When I was in high school there was a machine across the street that dispensed cans of surge exclusively for 25 cents a pop. 🎵 Those were the days 🎵
it's basically mountain dew. More caffeine than most soda, but still significantly less than Vault or things sold as energy drinks.
I remember getting a Surge bucket hat as a kid through the bottle caps.
me too! I don't know what happened to it.

sejny

Oct 30, 2017
Used to love Surge and Josta back in the late 90s. I cut out 99% of soda nowadays, but recently tried Coca-Cole Crème Soda at White Castle and it was really good. It was exclusive to White Castle, but I think BK has it now in their freestyle machines. I was at 5 Guys this week and checked their freestyle machine after I had already ordered just out of curiosity but they did not have it.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Is there a Burger King locator that shows the BKs with these type of fountains or something like that? I've forgotten how Surge tastes.
honestly, i doesnt seem like it

checking the website and app, looking at the menu or more info about a place only tells you the basics

probably the best bet is too call ahead and ask

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
didn't they sell surge on amazon by the case a few years ago? or was that some other nostalgia drink

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
It pisses me off cans only ever went to Amazon and it isn't back for good i would have love to of seen them evolve it with Surge Zero and like Cherry Surge etc.

I also miss the BK Surge slushy :-(. I will keep my eye out for the freestyle machines though i have been craving Surge for awhile.
What next? Mellow Yellow? You sick son of a

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
didn't they sell surge on amazon by the case a few years ago? or was that some other nostalgia drink

This Surge fansite says it was available exclusively on Amazon in 2014

About

Abstract The SURGE Movement is a fan-powered community recognized for the return of SURGE, a citrus soft drink produced by The Coca-Cola Company that was resurrected in 2014 and formerly available from 1997-2003. The Movement remains an integral driving force of interminable activism, focusing...

I also learned that there is a Surge fansite

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
There were tons of places nearby that had the cans of surge but they all vanished.

The burger king near us is cursed. I'm not sure the surge is worth it.