• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018

D1Ir0X-WkAA963I

No lies detected

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
She is absolutely right, but watch her get criticized for speaking truth.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Entirely agreed. Obama talked great but didn't actually do all that much good.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Going at Obama is not going to win you the support you think imo.

On here it will, but general not leftist Democrats? Just going to look like more infighting

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Oh boy, the general public is going to read this as her saying Trump and Obama were equally as bad as one another. She's going to get a lot of heat.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
She is pretty amazing but I can't see her being this honest and real and lasting very long in Washington.

I don't even think a majority of Dems want this much honesty let alone the American people.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
War crimes.
Humanitarian violations domestically.
Bowed down to big banks.
Endlessly played by Republicans.
Constitutional violations.

But centrists love him! Don't you dare criticize. The rich did fine during the economic recovery while average people's wages stagnated, they died without healthcare, they were imprisoned, deported, or droned.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
I guess we pick and choose which honestly matters more? Nah, honesty is honesty. Anything else is deflection.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I love how their attempt to silence her just makes her more honest and outspoken. She's great.

Mainstream media, democrat party die hards, and uninformed people are going to lose their fucking minds, though.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The standard of politics will not change between now and the next election. Omar knows this. So, this is foolish and damaging. Her commentary is more of an indictment on humanity than president. Which is not productive to focus on when we are about to be tasked with choosing the less shitty option.

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I like Obama but he definitely went from progressive to center right for majority of his presidency.

And republicans still hated him so I guess it wasn't worth it :(
Still worlds better than 45

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I pretty much agree. Obama's presidency was EXTREMELY disappointing. It's hard to really know how much was obstructionism/obama trying to get ANYTHING done, probably making bad deals I the process.

In the end, I will always give Obama props for getting us out of the economic crash and making the first attempt at universal health care. Even if the insurance companies destroyed that initiative, we at least got rid of pre-existing conditions...*sigh*

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Hot damn Omar just has no restraint on spitting out harsh facts, it's amazing.

Unfortunately this one will probably hurt but even as someone who can appreciate Obama's positives there's no lies here.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, she's really bad at this, lol. Just unforced error after unforced error. She's right, but there seems to be no strategy or filter at all.

Is this really the message and the positioning she wants to put forward at this time?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obama droned the shit out of villages in Pakistan and Yemen killing scores of women and children. under him, the drone operators used to hit funerals of suspected terrorists with the thought being that other terrorists might be attending the funerals.

They also used to hit the same area twice because they assumed that any first responders were also terrorists which is obviously a flawed assumption.

He wasnt as bad as trump but he oversaw some really shitty policies that arguably created more terrorists than it eliminated.

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
Politico Magazine: The Democrats' Dilemma

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...an-phillips-minnesota-democratic-party-225696

As she saw it, the party ostensibly committed to progressive values had become complicit in perpetuating the status quo. Omar says the "hope and change" offered by Barack Obama was a mirage. Recalling the "caging of kids" at the U.S.-Mexico border and the "droning of countries around the world" on Obama's watch, she argues that the Democratic president operated within the same fundamentally broken framework as his Republican successor.

"We can't be only upset with Trump. … His policies are bad, but many of the people who came before him also had really bad policies. They just were more polished than he was," Omar says. "And that's not what we should be looking for anymore. We don't want anybody to get away with murder because they are polished. We want to recognize the actual policies that are behind the pretty face and the smile."

This is going to break so many Republican and Liberal brains.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The standard of politics will not change between now and the next election. Omar knows this. So, this is foolish and damaging. Her commentary is more of an indictment on humanity than president. Which is not productive to focus on when we are about to be tasked with choosing the less shitty option.
"Humanity" lmao

That's the galaxy brain scapegoat right there.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
I mean show me the lies. A silver lining of the Trump years is maybe US politics no longer requires polite lying about the awful stuff done by our leaders regardless which party is in power. Henry Kissinger should be in jail, but barring that he should at least not be a revered member of high society.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Not on humanity, on our current political status quo and its terrible policies that she's trying to change.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
She aint wrong. There are too many people too nice and to blind to Obama when this is serious shit that has a lot to do with what we're going through right now. Presidents by default should not get passes IMO, just due to how many lives they affect.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like her brutal honesty, she's right.

However I wonder if this will create more fights inside the party, which it truly doesn't need. A reality check doesn't hurt though, at the same time.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty high on the "things Democrats don't want to hear" list and I'm not sure she necessarily needs more heat right now...

But damn it's nice to hear. Trump is a symptom, not a cause, and the sooner we can get to the roots the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.