• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FeverishDream

Dec 18, 2017
You know there's going to be some really shady shit pulled by the GOP. I'm super sceptical that this will be the thing that brings him down.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting, how did they make this happen when it wasn't on the cards before?

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing will happen, just like the last seventy times. I want off the ride.
I'm really getting tied of this defeatist, pessimist attitude parroted by so many here.

Like who does this help? What does this accomplish?

If these proceedings help inform and sway any percentage or fraction of the voting populace to get off their ass and vote for change come elections, it will have been worth it. "Nothing will happen" only if we succumb to this attitude.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, how did they make this happen when it wasn't on the cards before?
I think the whistleblower themselves decided they wanted to come forward, probably with all the impeachment and transcript talk.

This is the most important aspect of this whole thing though, was Schiff getting this interview.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Good.
Don't let Trump, Rudy, and Barr bury the truth

Rudy seems more like he's desperately trying to tell the truth while pretending to run interference.

I mean he legit went on Hannity last night and confirmed that his talks with Ukrainian government were at the direction of the State Department for the purposes of gathering opposition research against the Bidens. I mean he's straight up admitting to everything on a daily basis.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'm really getting tied of this defeatist, pessimist attitude parroted by so many here.

If these proceedings help inform and sway any of the voting populace to get off their ass and vote for change come elections, it will have been worth it. "Nothing will happen" only if we succumb to this attitude.
Has anything so far done this? You call it defeatist, I say realistic based on the history. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but don't shame me for looking at the historical precedence and forming an opinion.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017

If these proceedings help inform and sway any of the voting populace to get off their ass and vote for change come elections, it will have been worth it. "Nothing will happen" only if we succumb to this attitude.
This all day.

Don't be defeatist - go do something. Call your reps, protest, educate others, register folks to vote, etc.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I approve this message.

Parts of me feel bad for Muller, "I laid out the case and NOW you're going to impeach him?" But then again, had it not been for his report and the D's dithering on the topic then Trump wouldn't feel emboldened to behave as recklessly as he did. So ultimately, the whole 2-year non-event was basically necessary

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
"Fine I'll tell them myself"

Why the hell hasnt anyone else thought of this

Oct 25, 2017
Has anything so far done this?
*literally glances over to historic sweeping of house seats by Dems in a traditionally difficult defending cycle*

Come on now. This shit has consequences, and it demonstrably affected critical elections. But the fight isn't over, and it certainly is an uphill battle. But don't start with this "nothing matters, nothing will happen" when we were effectively able to sweep the house. A house that is now about to announce impeachment proceedings this afternoon.