Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Asshole, he knows he sucks so he took the question personally. The question clearly was taken they are frightened because he is a useless piece of shit and since he can't think of any thing other than himself, he throws a hissy fit.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I... what? That was the easiest, simplest fucking softball that guy just threw and Trump acted like he spat in his face.
His response makes perfect sense when you consider he only cares about how he sounds to his cult. Tearing into someone from the media is exactly what they want to hear now and all the time. He's projecting strength and Trumpians will eat it up.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
Also apparently ''what can you say to frightening Americans'' is totally a gotcha question?

The replies from his supporters just highlight how much of an insane cult it is. Trump got tossed a slow softball and completely whiffed because he's a disgusting asshole, and they pile on the heretic who made their dear leader look bad instead.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like reporters ask this question all the time...I'm sure we can find an example of probably every President being asked it

Apo

Oct 28, 2017
"nasty question" ... and now I hear Trump talking with the voice of Gollum ("nasty hobbitses").

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
You look at other countries, you see leaders stepping up their game. His lack of leadership is more than infuriating, it will cost lives.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that his approval ratings aren't complete and utter garbage shows just how fucked up this country is.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's "bad reporting" to bring up facts or ask real questions. Trump doesn't like that kinda thing.

Last edited:

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
The fact that his approval ratings aren't complete and utter garbage shows just how fucked up this country is.

Not to mention the poll of majority of Americans approving of his handling.

People either don't see these exchanges or they don't care. Now that he has seen the polling he knows he can say whatever the fuck he wants, not that he wasn't already doing that but he will care much less about doing this kind of shit.

Oct 25, 2017
this crisis is really wearing Trump thin - all his evils are bubbling directly for the surface for us to see in all their bald-faced beauty.

like, what an easy win for Trump, just say "i feel for you", show ANY empathy, the reporter was literally setting up the t-ball for him and he took a crap all over it instead of just lazily swinging a bat in its direction.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I thought he was upset about what the guy had said immediately before - about giving people false hope about hydroxychloroquine.

Still an absolutely asinine response, but I don't think it was purely reacting to the question about scared americans. Hence why he says "lets see if it works."

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Meltdown over reasonable questions.

Trump even takes the facts as a personal attack on how he has handled the pandemic.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
i hope he dies, I don't mind how, as long as his last moments are filled with pain and terror

I'll take the ban

I don't think that kind of statement has been bannable for some time. You just can't say that you're going to be the one to carry it out. That would be both a ban, and possibly a friendly knock on your door from the Secret Service.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
Thats the type of low-brow snark that his fanbase laps up. Because if they tried it in their sorry fucking lives, they would either get fired or get their teeth knocked out.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I thought he was upset about what the guy had said immediately before - about giving people false hope about hydroxychloroquine.

Still an absolutely asinine response, but I don't think it was purely reacting to the question about scared americans. Hence why he says "lets see if it works."

Yes, so the original tweet is a bit out of context. Still, Trump can't pull his head out of his ass long enough to hear the 2nd part of the question- he's constantly in self-protection mode, everything is an accusation.

Of all times to have a President who is paranoid...

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I was so disgusted when I saw that happen... What a moron, perfect opportunity to simply reassure peoples fears. Dumbass doesn't even know what a dumbass is.

I hope its a Dem landslide after enough rational people see this shitbag for who he really is

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Here's most of the exchange:

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
How is it nasty? Part of the job of the president is to make people feel okay during crisis'....like every President has done it, earnest or not.

"Nasty" is one of Trump's key tells.

The word comes out when Trump feels he's been caught red-handed with something.

He always says it's a nasty question or nasty claim, then says the person it came from is a horrible for daring to speak in such a way to Trump.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This guy just handed him a layup question to get brownie points with people by re-assuring them and he can't even manage to deal with that.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Nasty" is one of Trump's key tells.

The word comes out when Trump feels he's been caught red-handed with something.

He always says it's a nasty question or nasty claim, then says the person it came from is a horrible for daring to speak in such a way to Trump.

So...he was caught red handed with literally not being able to empathize on any level whatsoever.

That...actually tracks.

Between this and that person that got a bill for 34k for COVID treatment, the US government and healthcare system is a massive potential danger to the world.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
They'll be thrown out. What I don't understand is the lack of solidarity among them. When he refuses to answer a tough question like that, the next reporter in line should ask the same question. And if he won't answer them, the next in line should do the same. Hold this clown's feet to the fire and don't relent.

Several reporters did though. In fact, they repeatedly asked and asked Pence and others about his language and attitude.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
This is SOOO egregious. Just as an experiment try to imagine almost any president in history being asked this question in front of their nation. Can't imagine a single one would fuck it up.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
"The only thing we have to fear....is this terrible reporter with the nasty questions!"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
5e7505b6c48540379e1abab2

The infectious disease expert took questions at a few points during the briefing and remained steadfast by President Trump's side, except for when the president went on a tangent about the State Department.

When Trump referred to it as "The Deep State Department," Fauci glanced to his right and appeared to chuckle to himself before covering his face with his palm.
www.businessinsider.com

Dr. Anthony Fauci did a facepalm after Trump mentioned the 'Deep State Department' in a wild coronavirus briefing

Standing by the president's side throughout the lengthy press conference on Friday, Dr. Anthony Fauci broke his poker face during one exchange.