FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I-it's not like I don't believe you b-baka.

C'mon, more tacky shirts people, there will be a prize!

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I have this too, does this count

CezAcmGWsAAzfB_.jpg

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have a Channel 4 News Team shirt, from that Ron Burgundy movie ages ago. It looks its age. I use it as a sleep shirt now. Stopped buying corny t-shirts years ago.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Corny shirts are like flashy hair. You need to be able to rock them. Either they fit your body type/face or you are going to look like a total dork.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Oh I take that back. My "Jonah Ryan for President - The Outsider's Insider" t-shirt was in the mail yesterday, forgot. It's from the show Veep. So I guess I do still buy these things. Probably a drunk purchase.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I think I dropped animu (as in series, not feature films) after Ergo Proxy. So much navel gazing. It's been years since I found a show that I made me think "hey, this is right up my alley".

I'm cool with manga, tho. I still have Vagabond and Berserker in my backlog and I fear the day I grab the first book.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
My dad went behind my back and got me an interview with some executive at Blizzard because he thought that'd be something I want. I don't know how to feel about this. I've never thought about myself as a corporate girl, but maybe this is exactly the right direction for me right now? Idk

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
Oh boy, the legendary SoR box art, That Neogaf thread analyzing it was legendary.
Reading through it again, and it's still entertaining to me.

My dad went behind my back and got me an interview with some executive at Blizzard because he thought that'd be something I want. I don't know how to feel about this. I've never thought about myself as a corporate girl, but maybe this is exactly the right direction for me right now? Idk
Beats photography, I guess.

That's your thing, right? Photography?

Deleted member 3876

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only if you want to really, reeeaaaally hate video games.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Well now we know who to get far too mad at for a minor change to our favorite Overwatch character.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I was a corporate lackey ages 22 - about 25. Kind of sucked, but if you get in high enough most of your day is just sitting in meetings, being taken to long lunches by sales people and other people that want things / want your company to buy things, and pretending like you're earning your paycheck. Actually that last year and half was pretty great.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I worked in-office for a small book publisher from 20 to 22, so I'm not fully devoid of insight. My main problem with it was coworkers who had no idea how much time it would take to get various things done, so they would praise me when I got an easy thing done in five minutes and complain when I hadn't finished a hard thing after half a day working on it.

You a developer, Sab?
I've dabbled in indie dev since I was twelve, yeah.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of glad I didn't get into the game industry. I've worked in the theater, live entertainment and movie/TV industries and they've all lost a lot of their magic once you work behind the scenes.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Wait really? I feel like I enjoy my favorite movies more when I see behind the scenes stuff, and I get a lot of appreciation from games in guessing at how they made it.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Wait really? I feel like I enjoy my favorite movies more when I see behind the scenes stuff, and I get a lot of appreciation from games in guessing at how they made it.

Watching the behind the scenes isn't quite the same as working it. When you pull 16 hour days for several weeks in a row the luster kind of wears off.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Lucky I suppose. I am as well all my time has been spent at Lockheed. A lot of young SE's that I talk to (most in their intern phase) want to do video games. I think I got into the game a little too late to want to be seduced by the dark side. :)