• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Picked up a few things this month.

Transformers Ectotron.
20190718_121111.jpg

2018 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. My old 2003 Regal was on its last legs and I really didn't want to trade it in. But this car is clear, pre-owned certified with 28k on the odometer. Gonna kill these car payments fast.
20190719_104846.jpg

Sony a5100 - seeya crappy video production stuff.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Transformers Ectotron.
Holy crap! This thing looks cool! Congrats on like... the real car too, lol.

I got a bunch of replacement parts in for my old elite. My old black elite started to drift up on the left stick so while I was going to take it apart I figured I'd replace the old worn-out parts while I work on it.

They were honestly kinda pricey, but they said they were taken from "unused elite controllers" so I was hoping they'd be good. Well, they certainly look and feel like OEM stuff, so I'm guessing it's like modders who do this stuff. Like they'll make their own elite controllers with crazy colors or weed prints or something then sell them for crazy high and then they can sell all the original parts too. In any case, I'm happy I got them all.
I got a new "back" (old one in the back)
NKRmhKU.jpg

The grips were just coming off my old one and when I tried to glue them down, I guess I didn't do a very good job since they just came back up later on anyways and there were air bubbles that I just could not get out. It looked kinda gross really.
mb1qMks.jpg

You can see the glue coming up here and it looks... like bad? Like it ate away at the rubber or something.
EM6DzrO.jpg

You can kinda see the air bubbles here, with the grip looks "wobblily"
Got a new front face plate.
XTLiN1E.jpg

I kinda wish I could get one without the soft-touch finish. I like the way it feels, but I'm fine with a "just plastic" feel like how it is on the white elite.
gxwpsHP.jpg

Some of the Gorilla Glue I used on the side panels and the back grips somehow got on the front on the controller (I have no idea how!) and getting it off left this scratched look. Glad to be gone with that now.
Feels so good to have new side panels grips. This is actually like... the third set I've bought now, and they always end up the same (I didn't try to start gluing them until the second replacement set and that didn't end up well).
bZUZcvD.jpg

Oe2x4cl.jpg

You can see these air-bubbles more easily here. You can't really avoid them because when they start to separate off the plastic they expand so you can't just just glue them back down. You'd probably have to cut them down to size or something, but I never tried that.
tlLvVfN.jpg

Finally got it back to looking like "new!" Well, sorta. I replaced the bumpers and triggers not because my old ones broke like they did for a lot of other people (because they never did for me) but because I think it looks nicer with matte black bumpers and triggers and it matches the white one better since that doesn't have the silver bumpers/triggers either. It was kind of tedious swapping all these parts, because I'd get it back together and be all "Oop! I didn't think to move over the clip in the battery compartment," put it back together again and be all "Oop! I totally didn't notice the magnets here to hold the paddles in on the old 'back.' Guess I'll move those over too." and now like... three of the paddles aren't activating properly so I'm going to have to open it again. We'll get there. At least I fixed the left analog stick from drifting.

I'm jelly of that Battle Garrega physical copy...

update edit:
If anyone cares (and I doubt anyone does) it was the flex cable inside that connects to the paddle "daughterboard." It got a little "kinky" when I was moving parts over since I didn't take it out completely (I'm always afraid I'm going to break the connector with the levers so I just tried to move them over while it was "together" still). Replacing it with one I found online fixed the paddles now.

Last edited:

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
Got a few more games.
The Vita games took forever to arrive since LRG got my zip code wrong and it had to go back to the US and then come back to Brazil.
The AES games are really cool and are in amazing condition.
Pokemon Blue is one that I was after for a long time. I wanted the Brazilian version complete and I finally found one. I still have my original cart but I wanted the box and the manual as well.

sOVBBYWh.jpg

RealPlumpBox

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Games. Got Fire Emblem early thanks to Amazon!! Also got a PEGI vita game from Amazon even though image and page are for NA version, oh well. Also a PS Classic on Prime Day for $20.

Y5ugTgql.jpg

Zx7fdjcl.jpg

75EhLJBl.jpg

FK8rBDwl.jpg

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Stuff from the last few weeks. Pretty sure I forgot some stuff.

/edit: something went wrong with the image quality I guess, looks like crap. Btw, most of the games here were on deep sale like Steamworld Dig/Heist (€5,-) Dissidia (€10,-) and Fire Emblem Warriors (€10) and Codename Steam (€5,-). Also got some new shoes, but who cares.

/edit 2: oh yeah I also got in Donut County on PS4, Tokyo School Life on Switch and Death's Gambit on PS4.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
DOOM, Capcom Beat 'Em Up Collection and 8Bitdo controller for NSW (which is actually for Analogue Mega Sg, but it can connect to Switch through wired connection):

P5qEa8I.jpg

gq5WmqJ.jpg

YnIuvu9.jpg

emerald green DualShock controller for PS2

vaqEU65.jpg

new vinyl

ryjjMoy.jpg

AG System t-shirt fron Insert Coin

unoLx9R.jpg

Continue Magazine (PlayStation and N64 issues):

ur5ReNr.jpg

and Famicase 2019 book

nkNenWr.jpg

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 to arrive one week after its release. It was really fast considering I imported it.
Sonic Wings 3 for the AES I got from another collector here in Brazil. This is my 45th AES game.

lCDDw50h.jpg

Last edited:

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Beauty, how big of a screen and what resolution are you playing the console at and how does Yoshi's Island look on it. I'm interested in investing in one of these down the line for future proofing my setup but my biggest concern is how games with nifty effects or pre-rendered graphics like Yoshi's Island or DKC2 will look.

OverHeatQc

Nov 5, 2018
Beauty, how big of a screen and what resolution are you playing the console at and how does Yoshi's Island look on it. I'm interested in investing in one of these down the line for future proofing my setup but my biggest concern is how games with nifty effects or pre-rendered graphics like Yoshi's Island or DKC2 will look.
Playing at 1080p on a 55 inch 4K OLED tv and the games look so beautiful on it. Yoshi island is a pixel perfect beauty DKC look a little rough but still looking good

Apr 2, 2018
São Paulo, Brazil
Just got this because this was my first home console port I ever had, used to play a lot when I was a kid. Complete in box.
CwzzL1b.jpg

Made a good deal with a friend on this machine, a Dreamcast Va0, the best one.
s0AHSLo.jpg

My favorite shmup on sega saturn is finally in my collecion!
y93ycih.jpg

My fist PVM, Sony PVM-14L2. And some more sega saturn games.
hFPqduw.jpg