Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Preference: Mini Mafia
Pronoun: Him/His
Time Zone: UTC -6 (Central Standard Time)

This will be my first Mafia ever. In any way. Definitely not nervous. lol. Anything else I need to do, or any other place to sign up at?

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Preference: Mini Mafia
Pronoun: Him/His
Time Zone: UTC -6 (Central Standard Time)

This will be my first Mafia ever. In any way. Definitely not nervous. lol. Anything else I need to do, or any other place to sign up at?

Welcome! You can also ask for a mentor since you're new to mafia ^^

You can learn more about it here:

Mentorship program

For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you during a game. These mentors can not play the game for you or answer direct questions such as 'who should I vote for?' but can help with mafia terminology, general strategy, and other minor questions. You and your mentor will be given a private thread on Outer Mafia to talk with one another and we do not make these threads public after the game has ended unless requested. If you are interested in requesting a mentor, please contact your gamerunner.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
About pronouns for GTA, I think in Power Rangers they just matched the costume if I remember correctly so it would make sense to also apply that here.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About pronouns for GTA, I think in Power Rangers they just matched the costume if I remember correctly so it would make sense to also apply that here.

I'm sure the runners can apply the right costumes for the right pronouns in the game. This is an aspect that... Most likely doesn't have to be RNG?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, pronouns in costume games should just match the costume. The anonymity factor is the point.
To be honest, the player should choose, period, full stop.

Eta: I am not trying to be a jerk, or snarky. But we are not going to dictate someone else's pronouns. For some people, it may not be important, and it can easily match the costume. For others it may be important. Once we have a roster in place, we can address those issues. For now, I need everyone to sign up as normal.

Last edited:

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the runners can apply the right costumes for the right pronouns in the game. This is an aspect that... Most likely doesn't have to be RNG?

If I tell you ahead of time that people were divided automatically to a costume that matched their accepted pronoun then you can now easily make some guesses at who is who especially on the underrepresented pronoun choices. Which now that I'm writing this out, wasn't power rangers sign ups done in secret through PM? Is that why this issue didn't come up last time?

Edit: Nevermind it was just the subs that signed up anonymously, that's why I remember it that was since I was one of them.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, the player should choose, period, full stop.

Eta: I am not trying to be a jerk, or snarky. But we are not going to dictate someone else's pronouns. For some people, it may not be important, and it can easily match the costume. For others it may be important. Once we have a roster in place, we can address those issues. For now, I need everyone to sign up as normal.

Have to agree, tackling this on a case by case basis seems smart.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
If I tell you ahead of time that people were divided automatically to a costume that matched their accepted pronoun then you can now easily make some guesses at who is who especially on the underrepresented pronoun choices. Which now that I'm writing this out, wasn't power rangers sign ups done in secret through PM? Is that why this issue didn't come up last time?

Edit: Nevermind it was just the subs that signed up anonymously, that's why I remember it that was since I was one of them.

In Power Rangers players were asked what pronoun they wanted to use after they received their costume.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Just a few quick questions. When does Mini Mafia actually start, and is it played here? Or do we play it over at Outer Mafia?

Thank you much!
Mini Mafia will be played on Outer Mafia as it is a costume game which means you will be given login information for a special, themed account. The exact start date will be announced after the sign ups close and rosters are finalized.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Mini Mafia will be played on Outer Mafia as it is a costume game which means you will be given login information for a special, themed account. The exact start date will be announced after the sign ups close and rosters are finalized.

to add to this Vincent Alexander

If you want to check out our previous costume game, feel free to look at it here:

https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?forums/274/

They have flairs next to each thread saying what it is (so Game thread is the main thread, scum thread for mafia, etc)

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I originally misread Vincent's post to mean that he kept not signing up for Mafia because he didn't want to be a bother.

Which, to be honest, was me way back in season 2. I actually missed signups for Animal Crossing/Star Wars because I was worried about signing up and not really knowing what I was doing and ruining the game for everyone. When I did eventually talk myself into signining up, the games had already started. I eventually became a replacement for Animal Crossing, which was a tremendous amount of fun. (Still my favorite Mafia game we've ever run.)

If you're reading this and you're thinking about signing up, don't think about it. Jump in. I promise you won't wreck anything we can't repair. Come join us, because this is, IMHO, the best group on ResetEra.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I originally misread Vincent's post to mean that he kept not signing up for Mafia because he didn't want to be a bother.

Which, to be honest, was me way back in season 2. I actually missed signups for Animal Crossing/Star Wars because I was worried about signing up and not really knowing what I was doing and ruining the game for everyone. When I did eventually talk myself into signining up, the games had already started. I eventually became a replacement for Animal Crossing, which was a tremendous amount of fun. (Still my favorite Mafia game we've ever run.)

If you're reading this and you're thinking about signing up, don't think about it. Jump in. I promise you won't wreck anything we can't repair. Come join us, because this is, IMHO, the best group on ResetEra.
This has OP potential. Just saiyan

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This has OP potential. Just saiyan

Tell Pedro or Monkey or Sawneeks. I don't make the OPs anymore. ;)
(Real talk, please take a minute and appreciate how good our OTs are, because I used to do it, and you wouldn't think it, but it was always the most stressful and difficult task in this community.)

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be able to sign up for this round of games but I'll love to get spec access again if that's not a problem.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Tip for new players: videos on YouTube on Mafia are pretty worthless... at least the top ones.

It's better to read through one of the threads to get a better a handle on the game.

Or visit the MafiaScum wiki.

Weirdly enough prior to playing my first game here I watched so so many videos on mafia or one night ultimate werewolf as well as reading threads of games on another forum. I was kinda obsessed haha

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tip for new players: videos on YouTube on Mafia are pretty worthless... at least the top ones.

It's better to read through one of the threads to get a better a handle on the game.

Or visit the MafiaScum wiki.

I never even thought of watching videos about Mafia :o

I might check some now. Any interesting ones out there?

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not playing with you guys

still mad

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Preference: Grand mini mafia
Pronoun: He/Him
Time zone: CST

I don't think I've ever done a costume game.

Status
Not open for further replies.