• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
5cb53391d22f11c7bb1029813a21bd1e.jpg

Announced on the Resident Evil 2 Launch Party event, it's part of a special Japanese promotion starting on January 25th so you get these costumes if you buy special promotion items (for example, there will be PSN Point Cards that give you the costume for free), but be made free for everyone on March 22nd.

7f1d73d23ec674b5e515dc60fa4f20e4.png
8788dd7e64b3e031ac28fa56a71affd0.gif

No exact platforms mentioned, but maybe safe to assume on all of them despite the PS4 card showing above, just that it exists and will be for special events and promotions, but then free for everyone starting March 22nd.

UPDATE:

Those on Steam are probably interested in this:

Also available on Xbox and PS4 hitting as well.

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I always hoped more games would do stuff like this after MGS4/Ground Zeroes

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
30 fucking dollars!? ...

Edit: I am dumb, especially since it clearly says it's a special gift if you charge your account using the card.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What.. Paid at launch but free later? That's weird.

Edit: and 30 dollars!? Nope, I'm out.
Edit2: okay so it's not 30dollars? Still weird.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Those look realllyyyy nice.

Although that's a strange pricing strategy. Paid at launch but free two months later? Usually it's the opposite

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I like the idea of pay if you want it, but you can get it later for free, for costumes at least

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Give it to me, give it to me now!

Wish they extended it to other models like the zombies or Mr. X. It would be even more fun.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, just showed there was special RE2 themed PSN cards for some reason, it will be paid DLC on launch but not that expensive (though no price was given), but then become free for everyone on March 22nd.

The costumes will be included in the RE2 themed PSN cards, that's why they showed them. Probably not paid DLC.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Updated the OP with some clarified info, it's a special promotion event. There will be things like RE2-themed PSN cards that include these costumes for free, and be other methods to get them early, but will be made free for everyone on March 22nd.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Well, those few people who claim that they prefer the original's faces will finally have something to use, I guess.

scarybore

Oct 27, 2017
This was something I was hoping for, it's a neat bonus for the old fans and should make for some hilarious moments in cutscenes. Will wait for it to be free though. :p

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry Capcom, that's not classic "costume" OG PSX models were more detailed.

There's unlockable "modern" versions of their classic costumes already in the game they've previously announced if that's what you want.
RE2-Costumes-PV_10-31-18.jpg

(I hope they give Claire more of an undershirt before release, though).

The important question is if you can see these costumes in cutscenes.
It's a deal breaker.

100% you can.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yep, I'll be needing these!

As much as I love them, though, I'm in no rush, so I'll be waiting until March 22, I guess.