alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Ready to go in the UK. Shame it's now time for bed :(

Looking forward to jumping in after work tomorrow though!

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
damn target just cancelled my preorder. Welp, guess I'm gonna wait a few months until it goes on sale now :/

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus..Pre-loaded and now it's updating and unpacking is going all over the place, down to 20mins, up to 24hrs, down to 6hrs, up to 14hrs, down to 40mins.

Nov 13, 2017
I love how unpacking preloaded games is probably slower for me than just downloading the damn game lol

Tell me about it. You think with all the convenience they encourage you to buy a preloaded copy and with the added benefit of "You can play it on midnight", you think they would actually allow you to play at midnight?

Oh well, it's nearly done so I get to play it at 12:15 instead

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Kind of expected this reply: and no. The RE games were always designed with controllers in mind from the start, and it's especially noticeable here. With how much easier it is to aim with a mouse in a game like this, there's barely any tension at all in those "oh shit" moments. For the record, I play the majority of first-person shooters with a mouse and keyboard, and it just depends with third. Usually a controller though (and I don't play that many TPS anyway).

Cheating wasn't really what I meant exactly anyway. More like easy mode.

but you could say that for any games really... this means nothing, of course it's gonna be harder with a controller regardless of the game... the joystick being slow is not due to the game being designed for it, it's just due to... the controller!

i'll never play any FPS or TPS with a controller if both options are available... IF the devs wants me to play with a controller they should say it, and it's often the case with many 2D games where they say before the game that a controller is recommended

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I take my horror way too seriously and strictly play/watch when it's dark(or raining). The later in the night the better. It took me way too long to get through The Evil Within because I never wanted to play it before midnight. Glad the length here is close to the original, those 2:00am sessions will be everything.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats a good free vpn that doesn't require email? I use to use cyberghost but not it requires registration.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
but you could say that for any games really... this means nothing, of course it's gonna be harder with a controller regardless of the game...

Eh, I find all action/adventure/platformers to be vastly easier with a controller. Or maybe natural is the better word, and playing something like Devil May Cry or any of the Souls games with a mouse and keyboard just never feels right. Same thing with something like Hollow Knight or...Mega Man.

Oct 28, 2017
Riiiiiiight. Yeah the first zombie bite putting me down to danger was enough to tell me fuck hardcore mode it's not meant for a first playthrough no matter how familiar you are with the series. Playing this on normal.

Man seriously Capcom you gotta have better difficulty options for the next game. Two games in a row you've done this I won't forgive it a third time.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tried TunnelBear and ProtonVPN and none of them works :/

Wild guess but maybe is because i'm using Steam Guard and i'm acessing it with my regular IP on my phone?

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Eh, I find all action/adventure/platformers to be vastly easier with a controller. Or maybe natural is the better word, and playing something like Devil May Cry or any of the Souls games with a mouse and keyboard just never feels right. Same thing with something like Hollow Knight or...Mega Man.

well i meant for TPS and FPS, where shooting is involved, my bad! For anything else i almost always use the controller

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I forgot unpacking was a thing for pre-load lol. Ugh, hope it won't take too long then when 9pm comes around (or I look at VPN but meh). XD

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
My copy arrived early, and I've played around 4 hours now (Leon).

The escalation of the difficulty here is really, really well done. Everything is very fine tuned, and the lickers are terrifying as hell. Their shriek will never fail to make you jump

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Weird. I already had my code yesterday. Try contacting them.
I'll try. Just sent an email. Hopefully, they'll get back to me. 8

My copy arrived early, and I've played around 4 hours now (Leon).

The escalation of the difficulty here is really, really well done. Everything is very fine tuned, and the lickers are terrifying as hell. Their shriek will never fail to make you jump
May I ask which difficulty setting are you playing on?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Just grabbed my deluxe edition key from Voidu, preloading now! I got it in the Christmas sale for £35 which is insane.

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
"Resident Evil 2 is now available in your country"
Damn it, time, go faster, let the work day end faster!
4c2474d10540d6da120a1c7aa617c120c65ccf799f370689b2d1c927c61961c6.gif

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Unpacked via VPN and went into offline mode. It tells me I need to be online for the first launch tho. Is that safe?

AlterOdin

Nov 6, 2017
Guess I should have pre-loaded, download speed is atrocious (unstable&slow). Never had problems with other big release, guess I have to wait to tomorrow.