Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers for the end of the sewers, including a puzzle solution:
Is there any way to get back to the control room on the upper floor, or have I missed that locker now?
control-room-yaj4l.jpg

And the monitor room is still marked red on my map. Is there a way to clear it? Does the bishop have another use? (it's marked with a ! ) Or is there more than one tape to be viewed?
monitor-room-59jzj.jpg
you can get back there --
head back up north and there will be a horizontal staircase that takes you up to a ladder overlooking the cable car, which takes you up to that room -- and the control room only clears as done when you pick up all the plugs, which you don't have to do

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I think I just fucked up the game on the very last boss fight...
I'm on the train but I'm entirely without ammo aside from 5 acid shots in the grenade launcher. I only have one jar of Gunpowder and all of my saves are from after I picked up all of the materials meaning there's no way to get more ammo. I shot the acid shots but it isn't enough to kill G and he winds up swallowing me. Did I just permanently break the ending?
Don't use anything until the eye come out

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I somehow missed one of the lockers, so it's not on my map. : / The one with the Jazz poster. I could have sworn I had seen one, but I might have died on that run.

lol, that's an apt comparison

skip three and remake code veronica capcom ;)

They had better not. But I do want to see both. God, I'll be so old by the time that happens though.

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say...do yourself a favor and play this game with the original OST. I have no idea what they were thinking with this lack of music.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
What are you supposed to do when you have to mix the liquid substances to make the poison for the plant 43. I'm just doing random shit, but nothing happens.

Can somebody help me me please?

Oct 25, 2017
i haven't played with the original OST yet -- I"m sure it's great, my Claire 1/Leon 2 run will be with it -- but I guess I'll be the lone voice in this thread saying: use the new ost the first time you play! Just hearing the sound effects most of the time was so damn effective and led to some super tense, memorable moments.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
What are you supposed to do when you have to mix the liquid substances to make the poison for the plant 43. I'm just doing random shit, but nothing happens.

Can somebody help me me please?
You want to fill the bottle to the red circle, no less, no more. Keep swapping them around in the tubes until one meets the circle.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That mister x dude feels like as if a terminator is followin me all the time.

Ofcourse thats awesome and tense af.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
That second fight against Willy (Leon campaign) on veteran is trash. I tried like 10 methods and none of them works 100%, still getting hit through the ceiling randomly.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Serious question about OST. I quite like the subtle music as I think it adds to the tension but it sounds as if the original soundtrack is better. Does it include original sound effects too or can you tweak that?

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
You know what? I'm just gonna say it - this game has the single best audio quality in any game I've ever played. It's just...WOW.

Playing the game with headphones is GOD LIKE! The game is impressive in every aspect, but I think the audio is actually the most impressive aspect!

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
head back up north and there will be a horizontal staircase that takes you up to a ladder overlooking the cable car, which takes you up to that room -- and the control room only clears as done when you pick up all the plugs, which you don't have to do
Thanks. I expected that you would be able to get back there, but that's where I had stopped playing the game and was all turned around when I got back to it.

That second fight against Willy (Leon campaign) on veteran is trash. I tried like 10 methods and none of them works 100%, still getting hit through the ceiling randomly.
There are audio cues for where he's going to hit. Not sure if there's anything visual.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I will say that there's something really natural about the way that the new Claire plays the character. Not all of the writing is that great, but she's doing a good job with what's there. In the past I would have been someone to say give me Alysson Court or give me death, but I think the decision made sense for the feel of the character in this game. The original Claire felt a bit older, which worked for the game, but it probably wouldn't have for this one.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doing second run with Claire

Is HDR supposed to make the game feel slower and more sluggish? Suddenly feels like I'm playing Killzone 2 with deadzones.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
There are audio cues for where he's going to hit. Not sure if there's anything visual.
Even when I´m relatively far away from that guy (at least from what I´m hearing), he hits me a second later sometimes.
I messed around with the audio settings but that didn`t help.
And yeah, sadly there are no visual cues.

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
Just encountered Mr. X - my heart started racing - ran back to the Police Chiefs office and now I'm kind of trapped there. I'm a bit of a wuss with tense horror moments so I just turned it off at this point. Problem is I need to get the the 3rd floor through the stairs he's currently parading to get to the east storage room. :(

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
By the way, early sewers
I was shocked when Birkin ripped Mr. X in half. I was not expecting that. Surely, there's another one that will be the B end final boss .. right? Maybe? There was one more in Outbreak ...

Just encountered Mr. X - my heart started racing - ran back to the Police Chiefs office and now I'm kind of trapped there. I'm a bit of a wuss with tense horror moments so I just turned it off at this point. Problem is I need to get the the 3rd floor through the stairs he's currently parading to get to the east storage room. :(

I did the same thing. If you listen closely, you might be able to discern where he is. If he goes out to the balcony, you can go through to the storage room, but remember that the balcony area there has to be opened from the other side, if you haven't yet.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mr.X can
enter the main hall? Wtf, I thought I had a safe space here!
Running for my life

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I am a massive idiot..
The special weapons case as you get to the parking garage I missed on Claire A because I couldn't figure out how to open it.
It's really obvious in hindsight that you need to
pick the S.T.A.R.S badge back up and use it there.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Can you get back to that locker after you've saved sherry or does it have to be before?

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Yo, I'm done with the police station in Leon B and in both Claire's and Leon's scenario there was this locker near the showers that I never found a combination to. I don't even wanna know the code, I wanna know where you find it or are you supposed to bruteforce that one?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yo, I'm done with the police station in Leon B and in both Claire's and Leon's scenario there was this locker near the showers that I never found a combination to. I don't even wanna know the code, I wanna know where you find it or are you supposed to bruteforce that one?

I am sure I developed a film roll that had a locker combination. Though I was getting chased by me x so never went and opened it myself.

browinie

Oct 26, 2017
By the way, early sewers
I was shocked when Birkin ripped Mr. X in half. I was not expecting that. Surely, there's another one that will be the B end final boss .. right? Maybe? There was one more in Outbreak ...

I did the same thing. If you listen closely, you might be able to discern where he is. If he goes out to the balcony, you can go through to the storage room, but remember that the balcony area there has to be opened from the other side, if you haven't yet.

Thanks for the tip. I think I got the balcony door open if I recall correctly so hopefully I can figure out a way to run around him.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK am I an idiot or what? On Claire B I keep getting .45 ammo for the QuickDraw Army and no 9mm ammo for the Wesker or my own handgun. Not only that but I just got an upgrade for the SLS yet like I said, I am not getting 9mm handgun. Am I only going to get ammo for the QuickDraw Army (.45) playing as Claire?

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Very disappointed in the lack of

The Marshalling Yard. I was also hoping to see the factory. The game is definitely larger than the original, but some of the rumor posts leading up to release led me to believe that there might be more areas, not less. I mean, yes, there was the Orphanage. But the factory area in 2 is one of the better ideas from 1.5, and at there was nothing to replace the excitement of seeing the yellow train car go down. Ironically, it's actually more similar to 1.5 in visuals (stark, white entrance area), and a less ceremonious entrance.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Serious question about OST. I quite like the subtle music as I think it adds to the tension but it sounds as if the original soundtrack is better. Does it include original sound effects too or can you tweak that?

Original sound effect come with OST swap in Deluxe edition.

I just tried the OST swap this morning. While it the music sounds a lot clearer , it 's obvious why it doesn't suit the current game design with seemless door to door movement. It just sound out of place when the music of the next room start to bang into your ears as soon as you go into it.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
What is film grain mode?
It's not a mode, it's a graphics option on PC. I assume it's not an option at all on consoles.
Many people disable it automatically in games, along with things like chromatic aberration, but what they don't realize is that film grain in games can often work to avoid banding on gradients or in shadows - so with RE2 being a dark game, it is particularly noticeable if you turn it off.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
It's not a mode, it's a graphics option on PC. I assume it's not an option at all on consoles.
Many people disable it automatically in games, along with things like chromatic aberration, but what they don't realize is that film grain in games can often work to avoid banding on gradients or in shadows - so with RE2 being a dark game, it is particularly noticeable if you turn it off.

I'm on PS4 Pro and it's an option.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
Original sound effect come with OST swap in Deluxe edition.

I just tried the OST swap this morning. While it the music sounds a lot clearer , it 's obvious why it doesn't suit the current game design with seemless door to door movement. It just sound out of place when the music of the next room start to bang into your ears as soon as you go into it.

Ok that sounds a bit shit and I quite like what they've done anyway so may give that s miss.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Did you figure out how to get to the control room in the sewers with the locker? I'm ready to leave the sewers in the cable car but don't want to if it means I can't get back.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Only complaint I can level on this game so far is one really short bit with Sherry where
you have to hide, then escape Irons. I screwed up on hiding a couple of times (partially my fault for picking the wrong spots, though not knowing where he'd walk back to made it a bit more trial and error than I'd liked, but no big deal. But the real pain was the chase at the end - I didn't have enough space between me and him and when you try the front door (of course you'd try it first) I got caught. And even when you go back to Iron's room with the dead girl, he still caught me again just before I got to the door where the cutscene plays. Either Sherry wasn't running as fast as she could (not like I was slowly walking through the section looking at the scenery!) or the timing is a bit too punishing for the section, its just a pain to restart the same (short) section over and over due to AI being a bit too good... and the real kicker is Birkin kills the fat fuck anyway, making the entire thing completely pointless!

Loving the rest of the game though, absolutely amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
OK am I an idiot or what? On Claire B I keep getting .45 ammo for the QuickDraw Army and no 9mm ammo for the Wesker or my own handgun. Not only that but I just got an upgrade for the SLS yet like I said, I am not getting 9mm handgun. Am I only going to get ammo for the QuickDraw Army (.45) playing as Claire?
No matter the character, in the B route you find the Quick Draw only find Quick Draw ammo. You have to mix your own handgun ammo if you want it.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Very disappointed in the lack of

The Marshalling Yard. I was also hoping to see the factory. The game is definitely larger than the original, but some of the rumor posts leading up to release led me to believe that there might be more areas, not less. I mean, yes, there was the Orphanage. But the factory area in 2 is one of the better ideas from 1.5, and at there was nothing to replace the excitement of seeing the yellow train car go down. Ironically, it's actually more similar to 1.5 in visuals (stark, white entrance area), and a less ceremonious entrance.

There are something similar regard to yellow train car go down , which make more sense in this one.
But yeah, I wish there are more expansion than just the orphanage, we dont really get to see much more of Raccoon city to be honest. It's larger area, but the game feel smaller for some reason.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've always thought Resident Evil games were highly linear corridor horror games. But after playing this as my first one I've seen the light. The design of the police station is so intricate. At the beginning I was sure I'd be out there after an hour. But I'm still backtracking and opening new pathways with Mr. X on my ass. Amazing game so far, reminds me so much of Dark Souls with the shortcuts

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Just cleared Leon A, damn this game is good. Saved a lot but still finished with an A ranking. Ended with a decent amount of ammo left over, so I probably didn't need to go back to an old save that one time, think I went into the last fight with 20 shotgun, 15 magnum and like 80 handgun.

Claire B tomorrow!

Kinda glad it's been so long since I played the original, I have some fairly vague memories of areas and enemy placement, if they were clearer I'd probably be less cautious and run into things constantly.