• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they began production on this game when they did the "We Do it" Trailer. It's fucking insane they completed this game in about 2 years.

Granted, RE2 wasn't that long of a game (in fact, that's part of the appeal, condensed game design, high replayability) but that RE engine doing work.

I hope Capcom doubles down on it moving forward. No need to waste time and money fucking around with shit that's not going to materialize (Phanta Rei)
I recall you saying that DMC5 wouldn't look this good in this day and age at the cost of running at 60fps. Looks like RE Engine proved you wrong :p

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Won't lie, I just wanted a remake in a similar vein to REmake...

But this new take on it looks pretty incredible. Really excited now

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
So weird seeing people celebrate the violence here yet TLOU2 is making people angry.
The violence on display here is much more stylized than the violence on display in TLOU2. Starting with the fact that you're shooting zombies. I personally am a bit uncomfortable watching this footage. Photorealism in gaming is no joke. :|

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Won't lie, I just wanted a remake in a similar vein to REmake...

But this new take on it looks pretty incredible. Really excited now

I'm in the same boat. I did not expect the interactivity with enemy bodies, sides of heads flying off, limbs flopping around and falling off, etc. It looks amazing and is not something they could have accomplished with fixed camera shooting.

Verdanth

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Dear lord, these last two gifs.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
If they began production on this game when they did the "We Do it" Trailer. It's fucking insane they completed this game in about 2 years.

Granted, RE2 wasn't that long of a game (in fact, that's part of the appeal, condensed game design, high replayability) but that RE engine doing work.

I hope Capcom doubles down on it moving forward. No need to waste time and money fucking around with shit that's not going to materialize (Phanta Rei)

Wasn't that We Do it announcement 3 years ago?

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Lickers being an enemy the game encourages you to sneak past sounds fantastic. Fighting them is probably gonna be a real bitch with them crawling fast on the walls and ceiling. Sounds like a good dynamic they're going with.
Shit, I didn't like fighting them on the N64 either unless I had a shotgun or grenade launcher. Also having the invincible and infinite ammo cheats didn't hurt either.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
My personal preference is for a fixed camera, but I don't have any problems with the one they've gone with.
I was really into fixed camera but seeing this now, especially with the unprecedented amount of body destruction, I really don't care anymore at all.

This has to be some of the most detailed damage to enemies ever, no?
Interesting. I didn't know that. Nice to see some other opinions on it.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I saw some of the walkthrough with the commentary that was hosted by PlayStation (iirc), but what are some other good videos to watch?

I'm really impressed by what I've seen so far.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Looked a bit janky in spots too me (one part where a zombie comes through a door at him, then seems to think eh never mind and walks back into the other room while the player runs around him) and seems like they need to jack up the brightness a bit in spots where it seems irritatingly dark...

That said. RE2 is my favorite RE and it has promise. They have time to work out some issues before release.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Man I just remembered - how great is that scene with Ben in the cells gonna look in this engine.... hehehe

Oct 30, 2017
Then you should get the Deluxe Edition and play with the Original Music Swap thing, so can play the REmake with the original RE2's soundtrack.
Why not upgrading the original soundtracks like they should have done? Why I should pay extra money for something I should get by buying the game physically for 59$ ?
The save room there is there. And it sounds incredibly atmospheric and amazing.
Not compared to the original one.

Alak96

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is my personal favourite of E3, along with Smash. Even though I hadn't played RE1 yet when I first played REmake, I loved it; and in the case of RE2, I have tons of memories of it. I don't even mind OTS anymore. Excited!

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
Why not upgrading the original soundtracks like they should have done? Why I should pay extra money for something I should get by buying the game physically for 59$ ?

Not compared to the original one.
you should shoot the questions to the devs on twitter and see if they'll answer it.

IMO, they didn't simply just "remaster" the tracks because this isn't a 1:1 remake and has an entirely different tone.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a demo video uploaded with the player not being a complete idiot that plays a video game for the first time in his life?

The most recent video where that gif comes from has the producer (director?) playing. Keep in mind he's playing primarily to show off all the cool stuff so he intentionally gets bitten, doesn't kill zombies, etc.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
The most recent video where that gif comes from has the producer (director?) playing. Keep in mind he's playing primarily to show off all the cool stuff so he intentionally gets bitten, doesn't kill zombies, etc.

That's fine, the one I watched on gamespot didn't seem to be the case at all lol, the player looked like he didn't know how to play and wasn't listening to the game's audio.

Thanks for the video!

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Someone said yesterday that you have too many bullets in the remake. Look at how many I have and I had already wasted 10 bullets. I'm still in Racoon City !

RE2 was never stingy, but the catch is that it's super easy to waste bullets. I don't think it's a cause for concern considering most videos I've watched, people would run out of bullets too

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure? RE7 got through if I remember correctly and that had quite a bit of gore as well.
Not sure how grenade launcher and stuff will do when zombies probably explode in showers of bones and blood.
RE7 was gory but not quite to that degree. Also the difference that the most brutal scenes usually weren't done actively by the player character. But true, overall has the USK become a lot more lenient in the recent decade, I just think this one really puts it to the test.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone said yesterday that you have too many bullets in the remake. Look at how many I have and I had already wasted 10 bullets. I'm still in Racoon City !

RE2 was never stingy, but the catch is that it's super easy to waste bullets. I don't think it's a cause for concern considering most videos I've watched, people would run out of bullets too
I only watched the Arekks Gaming video but it seems to be pretty stingy and you probably have to find a way to keep some enemies in specific areas that you don't need anymore. I would imagine that, especially if you don't board up windows, the zombies never end and eventually you will just drown in them, which would put the whole game on a timer.

Jan 12, 2018

I think it is also important to remember that this is a demo for general audiences at a trade show. The difficulty is likely lower than it will be in the final game, and you probably have access to more items and features this early on in the game than you will in the final version.

And to be fair, if you know what you are doing, it is fairly easy to find yourself swimming in ammunition by the time you reach the final areas of Resident Evil 2 (or any Resident Evil, for that matter), even on harder difficulty settings. I regularly found myself carrying 100+ (and sometimes even 200+) rounds of handgun ammunition alone by the time I reached the final boss.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RE7 was gory but not quite to that degree. Also the difference that the most brutal scenes usually weren't done actively by the player character. But true, overall has the USK become a lot more lenient in the recent decade, I just think this one really puts it to the test.
Didn't you cut Jack in half with a chainsaw and he explodes at the end?
I guess some of the DLC mini games also were pretty graphic with heads getting knifed, etc. .

Probably helped that most enemies didn't look human. But I would imagine a full 18+, Adult only rating. Having humanoid enemies might make a difference here.

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
was it just me or does the gameplay resemble more RE6 than RE4/5? The camera movement bothers me.

Another way to put it is that the camera movement feels like the game is built as a first person game. It feels better if you ignore Leon on screen.

Makes sense if the engine is the RE7 engine.

everything else is great.

Last edited:

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It really is looking pretty good. And probably genuinely frightening. It may look better on my X (especially with HDR), but I'm probably going to get this on the PC so I have some chance of actually completing it with cheats. That's the only way I got through RE7.

Jun 12, 2018
Anyone else find the game a little too dark?

In several locations that were barely lit, or dark, you can just turn on the light - it is in the demo. Or find a fuse and restore power to the lights in the corridor, I think. If you watch the video from Capcom USA, the one where the producer plays through the demo, you will hear the translator mention, near the end of the demo, how they use normally or brightly lit rooms and environments interchangeably with dark ones and that both offer there own type of creepiness.