• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
If you ever get tired of playing Resident Evil 2 then I guess Capcom failed you with this remake. I've been playing Resident Evil 2 and 3 and 4 from time to time for 22 years.

Not Resident Evil 2, but a very small demo area, over and over. I've been a diehard fan since they released the first game. I didn't have a memory card so I kept beating the game in single sittings. Memories....

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
...Just wait until we see these guys in HD with animations of biting Leon and Claire. The G-Adult and G-Young enemies are probably going to be tougher than zombies and will stress out even RE2 veterans.

RE2's enemy design is probably the peak of successful body horror in the entire series, IMO. Birkin especially is a masterpiece.

Dec 9, 2017
Couldn't they change that with a Remake? More difficulties, more horror survival?

Yeah, difficult to tell and/or remember.

With the prologue playable and the chance to let all the characters come to life they will change and add quite a bit I imagine.
Guess he meets that guy after he got separated from Claire, which he met at the Diner before hand and got separated while getting into town.
Marvin works great as the emotional counterpoint early on as Leon is a rookie here.
This remake is what we deserve.
Bless Capcom

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Who wants to bet Akuma will be in the game like the old april fools joke.
Bonus points if he throws Gohadokens.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I just want an Ada campaign for this to be perfect. Is that too much to ask for?

Diodejenero

Jan 18, 2018
United States
Good, Leo is too handsome to have a graphical death ;-------;

(Tbh i hope they are saving the bad ones for stronger enemies)

Crazy deaths are a big deterrent for me. It's one of the reasons Dead Space 2 freaked me out so much. Dying during that eye surgery or some of the other deaths in that were super rough to watch.

It was from someone on Reddit, but this link should be timestamped.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/272816473?t=04h39m56s

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they're letting Maximilian get some direct capture footage of the demo. He usually does his best to get stuff in the best quality he can, so that's good news.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
So people pulled up maps of RPD, and it looks similar in size to the original. With this perspective, and no loading between doors... People are going to be flying through the police department.

Im wondering where they pad on / add new areas.

They already mentioned it sounds like we'll be playing the CGI prologue, which is pretty smart. Everything that was CGI should be playable instead now, to bring the player closer to being there.

I guess they could expand the sewers, but thats a pretty boring location (in most games). I could see a much expanded train / frieght yard being intresting, especially if you put an arena fight there before decending. The labs could use some love, but I'd hope they'd keep the iconic core / radial design and just add outward. Raccon City could use some love, but kinda goes against the plan to stay off the streets. Thats kinds the tension of the whole game once the threat becomes apparent; to find an alternative way out.

Wasn't the Mayor paid off the same as the Chief? I could see going to city hall, as its got to be close only to return to RPD to find his daughter and Irons.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
So people pulled up maps of RPD, and it looks similar in size to the original. With this perspective, and no loading between doors... People are going to be flying through the police department.

They already mentioned it sounds like we'll be playing the CGI prologue, which is pretty smart. Everything that was CGI should be playable instead now, to bring the player closer to being there.

I guess they could expand the sewers, but thats anpretty boring location (in most games). I couldnsee a much expanded train yard being intresting, especially if you put an arena fight there before decending. The labs could use some love, but I'd hooe they'd keep the iconic core / radial design and just add outward. Raccon City could use some love.

Wasn't the Mayor paid off the same as the Chief? I could see going to city hall, as its got to be close only to return to RPD to find his daughter and Irons.
It looks like the department map is actually a bit more convoluted than it used to be in terms of where the doors are, though - actually opening up shortcuts might be a slower process than it used to be.

It also looks like there are *more* puzzles and locks than there used to be, too.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I guess they could expand the sewers, but thats a pretty boring location (in most games). I could see a much expanded train / frieght yard being intresting, especially if you put an arena fight there before decending. The labs could use some love, but I'd hooe they'd keep the iconic core / radial design and just add outward. Raccon City could use some love.

The police station was the most fleshed out area of the original, so it probably didn't need as much pad/adding on to compared to the other areas they could work with. More city before the station, more to the tunnels/sewer section, could make the industrial area that the lab is under more fleshed out with more of the rail area/marshalling yard, lab itself could be made bigger or more complex, etc.

They have a lot to work with, in all honesty.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More than anything I hope they heavily, HEAVILY expand the entire section between RPD and the lab, including the lab itself. I'd be pretty content with the RPD we have in the original but everything after it was far too small.

Would also be very nice if a new area was added as an addendum to either the garage, sewers or lab via a door that was locked in the original. It's been over a decade since I've replayed it but I'm sure there were a few doors or paths I wondered to myself at the time what would have been behind them if I could explore.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
The police station was the most fleshed out area of the original, so it probably didn't need as much pad/adding on to compared to the other areas they could work with. More city before the station, more to the tunnels/sewer section, could make the industrial area that the lab is under more fleshed out with more of the rail area/marshalling yard, lab itself could be made bigger or more complex, etc.

They have a lot to work with, in all honesty.
I think I saw somewhere that they were fleshing out the later areas to be more similar in complexity to the RPD

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Adding to the Lab would allow them to maybe make new enemies. With everything being connected some stuff will roam outside its original areas as well.

Not sure about the Demo, they probably know that people will datamine the fuck out of it even on console.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
More than anything I hope they heavily, HEAVILY expand the entire section between RPD and the lab, including the lab itself. I'd be pretty content with the RPD we have in the original but everything after it was far too small.

Would also be very nice if a new area was added as an addendum to either the garage, sewers or lab via a door that was locked in the original. It's been over a decade since I've replayed it but I'm sure there were a few doors or paths I wondered to myself at the time what would have been behind them if I could explore.

DuskGolem said 80% is new, we do a glimpse of a church too. Possibly the return of 1.5 areas like the factory (I hope)

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
What I want is much more replay value for the game. I want at least an arrange mode and several difficulty modes. Possibly DLC for expanded arrange modes where items keeps being reshuffled. Or even an official randomizer would be dope as hell. Hunk and Tofu too for sure.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The dead space death animations were too long, especially in 2, they just got annoying after you saw them the first time

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
RE2's enemy design is probably the peak of successful body horror in the entire series, IMO. Birkin especially is a masterpiece.

I posted this earlier in the thread but...

Some random baseless, or at least mostly, speculation but I could see them making both Leon and Claire's campaigns distinct by having it so only Claire encounters Mr. X while Leon does but has far more encounters with William Birkin as he transforms more and more.

Speaking of Birkin with consideration to the very in depth and visceral gore and damage system they could do some really cool stuff with William and how much he transforms through out the game. Seeing his body deform, rip open and mutate with the full power of the RE engine is gonna be some crazy shit!

72811e9868d14a668af538474b04b94f_original.gif

This scene could be really fucked up as we watch as the last remnants of William Birkin let out a bloodcurdling scream as he is subsumed into his horribly mutated form while a new monstrous head explodes from his torso to "take over".