• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
img_271920sdt.jpg

Google Translate:
(Capcom Character Artist) comments and denies the rumors of its delay (Development hell) circulating in certain YT channels

It's not much to go on. But it's better than nothing after the long time we've had next to no info on the project. The absence of info is odd especially when during the vendetta press interviews they said we'd be seeing the title "soon".

At this point is seems like it could make their next fiscal calendar (April 18 to March 19). We could be seeing another E3 reveal and a January release. The only issue is how does the rumored DMCV fit, since it's been poised for the same slot. Currently seems Megaman 11 will be their late 2018 release unless they surprise us.

Makes me wonder if perhaps were due for another game revea not tied to a show. Much like how RE6 was revealed in January back in the day. Since a E3 reveal and a release by November seems doubtful for any capcom title now. Especially after the lack of sales DR4 got with such a tactic.

Thanks to Mikan for pointing me to the tweet

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All this is really strange, Capcom won't be announcing DMCV and RE2 Remake in the same E3.

I don't know, the chances are bigger that DMCV doesn't exist.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder which will have the top priority for Capcom being released at Capcom's Favorite month Jan 2019 given that both titles will likely release in the same year/window : Remake 2 or DMCV , I don't see any of them being pushed to Jan 2020

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Until they make it a behind the back 3rd person shooter.
If they're trying to introduce the game to a new generation who never got to play the original then this is the way to go, not to mention that the OG players will still play it just fine. Making it a fixed camera angles RE would only appease to a certain group of players.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Yup, it was literally just greenlit at the time, this is going to take a lot of time until it's out.

RE7 was done by the end of 2016. Even with how it was greenlit. There would've still been some work starting on it. With it being one of their major titles. Unless they run into a big shift and scrap it. 2019 doesn't seem impossible. Capcom is gonna give RE the most support in terms of getting it done on time. Especially since making a new engine shouldn't be an issue now.

CavZee

Nov 6, 2017
It's about time we get to see this thing. I'm so excited, anxious, and a tad nervous to how it'll turn outm

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Really ? I thought they were gonna do it like the remake of 1. If not, that's pretty weak and I don't really care about it then.
They are gonna remake it like a 2018/2019 game. So you shouldn't really expect them to stick to the standards of og REmake which was released back in 2002.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Really ? I thought they were gonna do it like the remake of 1. If not, that's pretty weak and I don't really care about it then.

Depends on the budget. If it's them keeping a smaller budget than perhaps. If this title literally had the same budget as RE7. It's probably unlikely.

Hopefully it will get a physical release, did the last 2 remakes have physical from launch?

They did as a collection. But not solo (unless if bought from Japan)

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
If it is revealed next month (RE2's 20th anniversary) than I guess it can be released in fall 2018 (either August if they can make it, or December just like RE7 Gold), but if we have to wait till either E3, TGS or even PSX/Game Awards than hello Q2 2019 at earliest (cuz Q1 2019 is pretty much given to DMCV).

Oct 25, 2017
If it is revealed next month (RE2's 20th anniversary) than I guess it can be released in fall 2018 (either August if they can make it, or December just like RE7 Gold), but if we have to wait till either E3, TGS or even PSX/Game Awards than hello Q2 2019 at earliest (cuz Q1 2019 is pretty much given to DMCV).

Capcom recently loves making celebrations for their IP's landmark Anniversaries , I am optimistic we will get something next month

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If they want to update the gameplay to make it more "modern", I would be fine with the game playing like RE7. But fuck any type of RE4 gameplay in this. The best way to remake the game is to make it like the REmake of 1. Besides, what's the fucking point of remaking the game if you're going to change the game's fundamentals? That would be like if Polyphony remade Gran Turismo 2 and made it play like Ridge Racer. It doesn't make any fucking sense.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder which will have the top priority for Capcom being released at Capcom's Favorite month Jan 2019 given that both titles will likely release in the same year/window : Remake 2 or DMCV , I don't see any of them being pushed to Jan 2020

It's either late 2018 or late 2019. Early 2019 is DMCV, and early 2020 is RE8.

All this is really strange, Capcom won't be announcing DMCV and RE2 Remake in the same E3.

I don't know, the chances are bigger that DMCV doesn't exist.

DMCV not existing. Good one.

RE7 and DR4 were announced same E3. It's either that, or RE2make is announced around PSX time.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they want to update the gameplay to make it more "modern", I would be fine with the game playing like RE7. But fuck any type of RE4 gameplay in this. The best way to remake the game is to make it like the REmake of 1. Besides, what's the fucking point of remaking the game if you're going to change the game's fundamentals? That would be like if Polyphony remade Gran Turismo 2 and made it play like Ridge Racer. It doesn't make any fucking sense.
The game probably won't be first person, the view change was a huge risk for Capcom, they most likely weren't sure whether RE7 is going to be a success or a failure, so the safest bet would be to make RE2make either a TPS game or a fixed camera angles game.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
If they want to make a proper remake they need to make it like Resident evil remake (gameplay and camera)
If this was 2002 then sure.

But it's not. RE have had a new style (two of them actually) in the past 16 years since REmake came out. A remake is a modernized version of an old game that most of the times include extra contents as well. A modernized RE in 2018/2019 is not one that plays like classic series. Regardless of how anyone feels about classic RE games (I love RE3 myself, it's my fav) that's a fact.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
The 20th anniversary of Resident Evil coming up is a good point. Considering how they (finally) celebrated Mega Man's anniversary we might actually see some first footage. Pleaes, Capcom!

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

But it's not. RE have had a new style (two of them actually) in the past 16 years since REmake came out. A remake is a modernized version of an old game that most of the times include extra contents as well. A modernized RE in 2018/2019 is not one that plays like classic series. Regardless of how anyone feels about classic RE games (I love RE3 myself, it's my fav) that's a fact.

A remake is just a game remade with new assets. There's nothing inherently modernizing in terms of gameplay about one.

The 20th anniversary of Resident Evil coming up is a good point. Considering how they (finally) celebrated Mega Man's anniversary we might actually see some first footage. Pleaes, Capcom!

Capcom treats anniversaries like marketing opportunities. They only capitalize on the chance if they have something to show. When we passed anniversaries before it was because there was nothing to show.

TwinsUltra64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cyberspace, EUROPE

So, I'm guessing you're trying to tell me that ALL resident evil should be made with the "over the shoulder camera" ? and get rid of the tank controller? flash news mate, RE4 has tank control camera and nobody had issue, but all suddenly it doesn't work today?
RE2remake if they make a good job like the first remake it will sells, don't bring years to the discussion because Crash was made like the 90s and it sold tons of copy (in a era where every games need to be Open world).

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe Capcom is taking this long to make a game that's not already made, but a game made by themselves nonetheless. This remake better not cut content from the original otherwise there's no damn point in remaking it.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Capcom is taking this long to make a game that's not already made, but a game made by themselves nonetheless. This remake better not cut content from the original otherwise there's no damn point in remaking it.

Games take time to make. Major console games take at least 3 years from start to finish.

And you know it will. Something like zapping or something else major will be gone. Possibly turned into DLC.