• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
Man, people saying "shit, why did this have to get leaked!"

And meanwhile I'm thinking to myself "Project Resistance was actually RE3 in disguise! They trojan horse'd everyone!"

It's a brilliant play. Lord knows I would have never played RE:Resistance as a standalone game.

Oct 27, 2017
From the dev video

8ttvFNO.gif

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I hope the final game has lots of new zombie models. Seeing RE2 zombie models front and center in this first batch of media is really disappointing.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Amazing. Fuck these horny ass dudes who are shitting on the game because she isn't stupidly sexualised.

lol

I love how anyone who prefers her original design is a "horny ass dude" and couldn't possibly be because they just think it's a better design.

I assume any woman who likes her original design is just horny too, given then fact that RE3 Jill is very popular amongst cosplayers?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I hope the final game has lots of new zombie models. Seeing RE2 zombie models front and center in this first batch of media is really disappointing.
I mean,they are set in the same place at the same time, so there is clearly overlap and also exclusive zombinis for both RE2 and RE3 because of the non-overlapping places you go to

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I think the thing I'm most excited about it that it seems to be expanding the moments after the initial outbreak in the city with all those civilians still running around and you know who. I wonder if they'll expand on RPD and Marvin in this.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Carlos has the most improvements in this remake. Seriously, the classic version looks so bad in comparison.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm weirdly worried about the scope and accuracy of this game. I REALLY hope they don't cut corners and keep a lot of the iconic imagery and areas in from OG RE3. The helicopter crash occurring in what looks like a boilerplate parking lot instead of the clock tower courtyard has me worried (though that could just be the parking lot for the clock tower). If this game still has fleshed out streets>RPD>streets>clock tower>hospital>park>dead factory I'll be pretty happy. But then there's still things like the varying events in the game based on randomization and choices that I'm sure will be underplayed if not skipped entirely, plus the enemy types like Brain Suckers/Drain Demons, hunters and aquatic hunters, the grave digger and the slider worms... Man I hope they do RE3 justice. It's a true classic IMO and I welcome all kinds of changes and additions, but there's so much there that I don't think is worth cutting or skipping.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like Resident Evil 3 as much as 2 but I always appreciate how colorful Raccoon City was, this game's gonna look amazing

Umbrella guy and Nemesis are gonna be playable in Project:RE I bet, that's gonna be rad

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing how great this looks makes me a little less upset that the Resistance survivors don't get their own story mode, but I still want a Raccoon City game surrounding civilians making it through the events of RE2/3, Capcom!

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The only thing missing that'll make this perfect is the Classic Music DLC, hit me up with it Capcom.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
The sad fact is probably RE3 is already a thing because Capcom worked on both RE2 and 3 at the same time. Zombie models are recycled and some locations are too, considering they were already in the original. The gameplay is pretty much the same, the only new thing is the online mode, which I suppose wasn't created by the main team. Yeah, Capcom created probably new locations, the localization with all the cuscenes, but the fact RE3 is here it's just because it recycles a lot from 2.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This was exactly what I wanted to see from a remake of RE3, with the chaos of the city being brought to life in such a way that the PS1 original couldn't do.

I love RE3, but it always felt more empty than it should've been considering the time frame. Seeing people fleeing everywhere while the city burns around them and the zombies slowly picking them off is going to be so great to experience.

They also brought back the environmental design of RE3, which I'm really happy for because that was one of RE3's best traits.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks awesome. Love Jills more sensible zombie fighting outfit (though long sleeves make more sense to avoid bites but whatever) and Punished Carlos is cool too.

And more Brad! Taking bets on how long he lives....

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Did not think 2020 could become even crazier than it is already, but it's happening.

I'm excited to see how expanded the city map is. I also hope it still has a video game level-feel to it, and doesn't go for open-world/100% realism.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Jill's original outfit is definitely iconic.

It was also stupid and out of place even back when the game came out. The series has had much better looks for its characters combining practical and stylish.

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
It looks like the first person part in the trailer is Jill escaping her apartment building (which is also on fire). I remember reading a recent leak that said the intro would involve Jill fleeing from her apartment and it would be in first person, while the rest of the game is in third person. Hmm.

Oct 27, 2017
I could maybe get different clothing. Different hair and face? Are we looking at the same Jill here?

The hair is literally the same style as the original. Same goes to the face which looks really close to the Original PS1 Jill.

Seems to me people are looking at REmake Jill and basing it on that.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
It looks like the first person part in the trailer is Jill escaping her apartment building (which is also on fire). I remember reading a recent leak that said the intro would involve Jill fleeing from her apartment and it would be in first person, while the rest of the game is in third person. Hmm.

that's cool as long as it's playable.