• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The gritty Megaman reboot from last-gen is coming along nicely:
UQxWEqu.jpg

It looked kinda cool actually.

About the toned-down gore effects: Gamez.de talked about that, I think, late last year. The host blamed it on Shinji Mikami, who considered REmake 2 (and maybe RE7) too violent, so he had a talk with Capcom due to creating RE and leading it for a decade. Who knows about that but the effects are still in the game´s code according to Andreas, makes sense to me, so at least PC users don´t need to worry for too long. Andreas clearly has the sources down. He even got more things right than Era´s resident leaker and faster too. The channel, basically the local Gamer Informer equivalent, but it is in German:
www.youtube.com

GAMEZ.de

Auf GAMEZ.de findet ihr alles, was das Gamer-Herz begehrt: Vom hilfreichen Guide bis hin zur spannenden Game-Analyse. Wir liefern euch alles, egal ob Action-...
Click on the RE playlist and go through them but beware. He gets lore/production detail wrong (like VC being RE3 originally or the Biohazard Dash idea that never entered actual production). All common mistakes though. RE8: The Wolf Among Us and apparently something like a 3rd Rev are in development and I have no reason not to trust him. No reason at all.

Edit: He announced RE8, REmake 3, Rev 3 and a spin-off that picks up RE canon in June 2019:
www.youtube.com

Die geheime Resident Evil-Fortsetzung | Hat sich Capcom verraten?

Was wird der nächste Resident Evil-Ableger? Code Veronica 2? Outbreak File #3? Wir haben (vielleicht) Infos! Mit dem Erfolg des Resident Evil 2 Remakes hat s...
Revelation isn´t technically a sub-series according to a Rev 2 producer, it's just a name to show that this is a AA fill-the-gaps entry, but we don´t need to get that pedantic. They, CV and Zero are mainline titles. Stuff like Outbreak or UC/DC are proper sub-entries but nearly Japan developed things all are canon.
The RE Revival will likely keep rolling on for a good while. Now you know. Trust Andreas or don´t.

Last edited:

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
So, if I don't want to be spoiled from the datamining, I should probably stop going to Reddit as soon as tomorrow ?

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Oooooh man, that demo was great. And that trailer at the end hyped me up even more!

Kendo! Marvin! :D

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I thought the 1942 poster was going to be my favorite reference but then I found freaking Eagle running a pet store.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Played through the demo today and I wasn't really feeling the atmosphere like I was in RE2 and its Police Station. Being chased by Nemesis was pretty intense, though, which made for a strong end to the demo as I made a mad dash toward progress. Hopefully I'll be more into the atmosphere playing the full game from the beginning. Can't wait for it to drop in a couple of weeks.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to comment on HDR? Does it have it? If yes, is it similar to RE2 where its there and works but the sliders are goofy?

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
So the future of Megaman is set in an alternative future where the Raccoon City Incident never happened?

Also Capcom lock your frame-rates of you can't hit 60. Especially for Resident Evil that doesn't necessarily require 60.

Last edited:

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Feel it's ok but probably will wait for a $19.9 sale.
Had a much better time with the RE2 demo and I wanted this one to be over near the end.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The X demo version is defo borked, looks like an average of around 45fps. I expect it to be fixed for the full release. Hope the DF guys can figure out what's going on there.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Man, replaying the demo and getting the feel for the dodge mechanic makes this a nice step up from the combat in RE2make just like in the originals. I also played around battling Nemesis for a bit longer and he's definitely gonna be more fun than Mr. X.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Still no demo for US PSN? Can't find it on the store.
The X demo version is defo borked, looks like an average of around 45fps. I expect it to be fixed for the full release. Hope the DF guys can figure out what's going on there.
Don't know why it's running worse on X, but RE2 looked and ran exactly the same as it's demo on both platforms.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So does the NA version have reduced gore too? Some theorized that the NZ demo had Japan's censored version.

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, I just got destroyed — I'm probably just going to leave it at that rather than trying again. Something to look forward to in the final game

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Can you actually properly down Nemesis in the demo like you could in the original game? All I could do was get him to take a knee a couple of times.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Something about how Jill animates in the cutscenes is irrationally irritating to me? I can't even make sense of it, the body language just feels awkward.

Last edited:

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
That unlocked framerate on base consoles is so stupid. If you can't hit 60 fps (and base Xbox One really can't), just lock it at 30.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
How's the black levels on HDR? RE2 was messed up in some scenes due to their tonemapping or something.

Oct 27, 2017
England
It really does run considerably better on the Pro than the X, feels exactly like 2 performance wise. Demo is amazing, though I do think it might end up slightly less polished due to the increased scope.

I recommend trying to scoop up all the supplies before you get the hose and it saves. Had a lot of fun just seeing how long I could survive against him after that and just running him around the map to see what he does 😁

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
the demo is crashing my PS4 pro, i don't know the reason
the beta booted fine, but the demo can't

Last edited:

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Don't really find nemesis as scary as mr x, maybe it's the dodge roll or something? The open area also help. Way less scary than the police corridors and stomping.