• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Jill before was just that weird race of Japanese white people everyone is in Final fantasy n stuff. Super model is not attractive now apparently compared to perfect video game character.

IIRC Capcom has been using real people as references ever since REmake was developed. In an interview from the GameCube era someone from Capcom said that they had to do so, since characters then started to become so realistically looking, that they had to cover their asses (so no one could sue them "hey, you used my likeness in the video game without my permission"). They just adjusted them, just like they are doing now. In either REmake or RE4 there was a texture file with Wesker's actor's unaltered face.

Also, REmake Jill, the "I have eyes as if I haven't slept for few days" one, is the "perfect video game character" now? When REmake was released Jill was popular because her face was so pretty and yet so distinct, not because she looked like a super model

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just want to jump in and say that Rev 1 is fucking absolute garbage and Steve is way better than those two losers you play as in the Hunter part of the game.

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
Don't know if it's been mentioned here but Sony's updated the Ghost of Tsushima playlist on YouTube, which suggests they've added a not-yet-live trailer. Could all be part of a State of Play.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It took a bit of time, but Nemesis's new face has grown on me. As for Carlos and Jill, Carlos is a SSS redesign, and I really like Jill a lot too.

Last edited:

Neoshockwave

Oct 28, 2017
By the end of this generation the sheer amount of historic and newer Resident Evils available/to-be-announced on PS4 alone is staggering:

Zero, REMake, REMake 2, REMake 3, Umbrella Corps, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil: Revelations, Resident Evil: Revelations 2, and Resident Evil – Code: Veronica. 12 in total! Hell, 8 will probably be cross-generation.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
As someone who has played very few RE games, I don't have a problem with them using real actors, but it does feel weird to change those actors from one game to another. At that point it feels like I'd be playing as different characters, tbh, since I can't link them that well.
In stuff with iterative characters like Superheroes or Zelda it's OK since they are not the same character.

That said, asking to change them to look less human would result in "cleanups" like what we saw in FFX or all that back & forth in Shenmue 3.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Ok Capcom, this is my last one, give us something!

tumblr_p05dyqqfzd1us5zpuo1_500.gif

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Ok Capcom, this is my last one, give us something!

tumblr_p05dyqqfzd1us5zpuo1_500.gif

Like I've stated before if it's being announced soon (in the next 3 to 5 days) give us a short teaser with the date for the actual trailer. If within the next 10 days give us a countdown on twitter with the number of days left before the trailer, I think it's slightly odd not acknowledging anything now it's been leaked all over the place.

If this wasn't supposed to be announced until E3, then they shouldn't have uploaded anything to PSN, and they're idiots - and we're saps for waiting. I'm at least a sap for getting excited if they don't have anything to announce any time soon.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I cannot be disappointed, the confirmation that it really exists is already great news for me... heck, I am one of the fools waiting for Metroid Prime 4! 🤣

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm betting either October 2020, Halloween season or the January slot (2021) that RE2 Remake and RE7 occupied

A quick shadow drop in January 2020 ain't happening

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Why was anyone getting excited for a quick release to start with? Because of that fake box of cases picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.