• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yorxor

Oct 27, 2017
Munich, Germany
Man, I'm so so looking forward to replaying Resi 4 with your glorious mod. I've been (silently) following your progress since the beginning at the other place that shall not be named. Absolutely stellar work!

Is there a rough estimate when you will get to the character retexture part? I cannot wait.

albert_re4hd

Nov 2, 2017
Man, I'm so so looking forward to replaying Resi 4 with your glorious mod. I've been (silently) following your progress since the beginning at the other place that shall not be named. Absolutely stellar work!
Is there a rough estimate when you will get to the character retexture part? I cannot wait.

We never think about time, we simply keep doing progress as fast as we can, so I'm afraid I have not an answer for your question

Thank you guys! For your patience and comments.

This is my FINAL attempt:

Take a look at the new screenshots in our website www.re4hd.com ;)

And this is an explanatory map:

MAP-OK.gif

albert_re4hd

Nov 2, 2017
Good stuff.

I'm curious, did you have to do anything special to new area that allows the enemy AI to go there, like mark the ladder or the new walkway as a valid path, or does the AI just work with the new stuff?
Good question!
At the beggining the enemies stopped just in front of the lader and they didn't follow me. I needed to edit a RTP file coordinate so they reach the ladder. Then they automatically climb it and follow me :)

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Man this looks amazing, I felt Separate Ways in particular looked really shoddy in the HD version. Great work as usual!

Ryan7556

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
As much as I'm looking forward to seeing all the environment textures redone, I think i may be anticipating the HD character textures even more (and the environmental textures already got me pretty hyped for the full release).

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I think this is way more attention to detail than Separate Ways deserves, but damn if it doesn't look nice, wow

Man this looks amazing, I felt Separate Ways in particular looked really shoddy in the HD version. Great work as usual!
I think it's because they used the PS2 assets for every version after it, starting with the Wii version

Like people back then were noticing the herbs and other items looked crappier too

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be nuts if you could somehow get HDR into the game, but I'm guessing that's a super complicated process.

albert_re4hd

Nov 2, 2017
Wow, you have good eyes. I had to check by frames to notice.

It's gone during the short bounce of the door.

qkPAc.gif
Hehe I didn't notice it either. I don't know how to fix it (I'm not sure which file makes the bag model to disappear at that precise moment). But I suspect they did it on purpose to avoid clipping issues with the cover model ¿? because the bag is moving a lot up and down... It's just a guess...

It'd be nuts if you could somehow get HDR into the game, but I'm guessing that's a super complicated process.

Sorry.... I have no idea if that's possible right now ^_^'''

albert_re4hd

Nov 2, 2017
any plans to improve the grain filter? the ingame one kind of ruins the image quality imo
These kind of edits are somehow risky because they are based mostly on personal taste. For example, I don't have any probelm with that effect, I like it. But I agree there are certain areas the grain is too big for HD resolutions.
It can be adjusted to make it look smaller. I can adjust the size and transparency level. Every room has its own grain values.

For example I adjusted the grain filter in the Novistador's sewer area (After Ashley gets trapped in that wall) and you can see the grain is smaller now in that room if you install our Castle pack.
So, I guess I'll adjust it in some other areas aswell :)

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These kind of edits are somehow risky because they are based mostly on personal taste. For example, I don't have any probelm with that effect, I like it. But I agree there are certain areas the grain is too big for HD resolutions.
It can be adjusted to make it look smaller. I can adjust the size and transparency level. Every room has its own grain values.

For example I adjusted the grain filter in the Novistador's sewer area (After Ashley gets trapped in that wall) and you can see the grain is smaller now in that room if you install our Castle pack.
So, I guess I'll adjust it in some other areas aswell :)

good to hear you're looking into it! yeah the grain looking too big is my issue with it

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My feedback is that you guys are still awesome and your project looks incredible.

albert_re4hd

Nov 2, 2017
My feedback is that you guys are still awesome and your project looks incredible.

XDD Thanks!

It all looks so good. Put some of those baked shadows in campaign for sure!

Yep, that's the idea! :)

Good improvements. Why did you alter the placement of the rocket launcher?

Oops! We replaced the lowpoly to hipoly model... it was an accident :P

What's the music that starts when Ada goes OoB in the video ?

That's Separate Ways Ending Theme

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
albert_re4hd, what's next on the docket now that you have finished your first pass through Separate Ways? Will you be returning to polishing the main campaign? You've touched every portion of this game at this point right?

Anyway, I'm loving the work you've poured into the Separate Ways campaign! Everything looks fantastic!

albert_re4hd

Nov 2, 2017
albert_re4hd, what's next on the docket now that you have finished your first pass through Separate Ways? Will you be returning to polishing the main campaign? You've touched every portion of this game at this point right?

Anyway, I'm loving the work you've poured into the Separate Ways campaign! Everything looks fantastic!

Thanks!
Now I'm touching-up all lights and effects of the Island areas (I learned how to edit these type of files when I was editing the final Island stages) and remastering the Assignment Ada rooms at the same time :)

Jan 2, 2018
I have RE4 sitting in my steam library for YEARS and I wait for this amazing project's release to play it for the first time (will play the previous games before it too as I didn't play them yet,hopefully the remake of 2 will be available by then).

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Years later I still love the choice to change the language of the signs to Spanish.

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
Will it be possible to add in ambient occlusion? I tried a couple of years ago with Nvidia Inspector but couldn't find a hexadecimal code which worked. I don't think Reshade supports this games depth buffer either (might have changed).

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
Game's almost done right?

Capcom should pay you for this and then make it the original version. It's, simply put it, the best HD remake this game could ever have.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about playing that game for a while now... I had it on Gamecube but never finished it...

Now I'm wondering if it's worth waiting for the mod or just play it as is...

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
Looks incredible. Definitely gonna give RE4 another playthrough when this releases. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the updated character models will look, personally.

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
As always great work guys.

ISLAND_REV_1_E.jpg

Was it some kind of transparency issue that made those original bullets look so naff?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow at the gun belt.

Don't forget Cris who is also helping out.

I still hope Capcom will officially release this with your permission to all capable platforms. They do love selling another version of RE4!

Last edited:

Nerrel

Oct 31, 2017
Oh my.

That original texture with the railings painted on is just adorable.

Will it be possible to add in ambient occlusion? I tried a couple of years ago with Nvidia Inspector but couldn't find a hexadecimal code which worked. I don't think Reshade supports this games depth buffer either (might have changed).

I don't think much has happened. There was someone who got AO working by using GeDoSaTo a few years back, but I'm not sure how well it works throughout the whole game. My hope is that the finished release of this mod will inspire people to take another look at effects mods.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that kept me from a replay last year was wanting to hold off for this update.

Can't wait!