• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Absolute0

Oct 27, 2017
Truly stunning work as always. I get excited every time I see this thread active. My buddy just got a PC and RE4 is one of his all time favorite games. Can't wait to show him this recent video.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
The minute this entire mod is completed, I will run through RE4. Played it originally on the Wii and it lends itself so many runs, this mod is incredible and fuck you guys are awesome!

EDIT: Just watched the trailer, does this mean the entire mod will be complete in July?

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Hi everyone! Just wanted to drop this here:

We hope you enjoy -- more details at re4hd.com

Been watching this project on an on again and off again basis since the gaf days and I just gotta say this.

The folks behind this are no normal wizards. You guys are grand wizards. Gandalf can eat his heart out. Trailer deserves 50k views instead of 500. Wew

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
It should be possible to unlock Pro mode via cheat engine, right? Will do this when they release the mod. Played countless times through RE4 but never did a Pro run.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The best remastering project ive ever seen. The texture work is out of this world (and faitfull as fuck) but they also remade some relaly low polygonal objects. And the lighting!
And love all the text is in spanish. You know what would be cool, Ganados talking in Gallego and castillian spanish instead of mexican accents. That would complete the game to another level.
Amazing work guys!

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing work. Looking forward to replaying RE4, once a 1.0 version is released.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The best remastering project ive ever seen. The texture work is out of this world (and faitfull as fuck) but they also remade some relaly low polygonal objects. And the lighting!
And love all the text is in spanish. You know what would be cool, Ganados talking in Gallego and castillian spanish instead of mexican accents. That would complete the game to another level.
Amazing work guys!

The trailer that was just released shows how they modeled some stuff that wasn't modeled at all before, like wine bottles that were just a blurry texture map before.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely one of the most impressive fan projects I've ever seen. Not sure if I should play through it this summer or wait for the 1.0 release (assuming it'll be another six months to a year).

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonderful. Looking forward to a full release down the line. If you're so inclined. I'll be keeping an eye out.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent work. Thank you for doing this. Looking forward to the day the mod is complete, so I can go through the game for the 6th (?) time.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have my calendar set, seriously can't wait to jump back into RE4 again under a new light. All mercenaries stages too? I didn't expect that.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is super cool. I've always wanted to play RE4 but there's no "definitive" version - you always have to sacrifice something here or there in visuals or controls. I think this might be the real deal!

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is absolutely phenomenal work you guys!

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! What's the best way to get SSAO working with this game? I want to replay it with as much of a makeover as humanly possible.

crisdecuba

Alt-Account.
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Thank you all for your responses and support! It truly is encouraging.
The minute this entire mod is completed, I will run through RE4. Played it originally on the Wii and it lends itself so many runs, this mod is incredible and fuck you guys are awesome!

EDIT: Just watched the trailer, does this mean the entire mod will be complete in July?
Wondering that myself!
What's left after this? Character textures?
This looks to be all the UI, environment, and object models. The only significant thing remaining is character texture+models, IIRC.

And of course, I am highly looking forward to this release! Thanks you guys!
There's a fair amount left: Enemies, NPCs, Playable Characters, weapon textures (the higher res "examine" textures were brought over to the other weapon views, but they haven't received a real HD treatment), further improvement to item textures, and the final refinement of any room listed as "In Progress" on our progress page: http://www.re4hd.com/?page_id=1656

I will update the post on the site to clarify that there's still more to do.
Amazing work guys!
It would really be awesome to have that option and be able to choose which one you prefer. Currently outside of our scope, though. :)
Can I shoot those wine bottles ;)
I wish!! :)
Amazing work! Is there any place to donate to these guys? Simply is the best RE4 mod I've ever seen.
Thank you for wanting to support the project this way -- there's a donate button on the right-hand side of our site (re4hd.com)

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
Sorry if this has been asked one too many times, but I damn wish this incredible work could be made official. Is there any possible legal reason why this work couldn't be picked up by Capcom? I know all of this modding stuff can be really convoluted and I'd imagine Capcom being one of the last devs when it comes to officially supporting modded versions of their games, but there is a history of this type of dedicated work being rewarded by the devs (of course this mostly being PC devs) and it'd be brilliant if all of this incredible craftsmanship became the official version of the game with future possible ports and remasters. I'd absolutely love to play this on the PS4.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
July 13 2018

giphy.gif

crisdecuba

Alt-Account.
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
great timing to drop this new video at e3 time :D good job as always
It was a happy coincidence. :) Though when I realized what week it was I got worried it would just get lost in the shuffle.
Better, especially because they added SSAO.
Quick note: our project didn't add SSAO, rather it was made possible via a ReShade mod by thalixte on the ReShade forums. You can learn more about it on this post.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
This is looking beyond amazing... can't wait until you guys redo Leon and Claire's faces from the RE2 remake.

crisdecuba

Alt-Account.
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This is looking beyond amazing... can't wait until you guys redo Leon and Claire's faces from the RE2 remake.
Hey so how has that been received generally? Do people like his new face? I've been staring at RE4 Leon for so long that it looked off to me, but I appreciate the added realism.