• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/resident-evil-4-treasure-map-expansion/9NKBL9H00717/0010

Discover the hidden treasures that await!
With this map, additional treasures will be placed throughout the game.
Some of these treasures can only be obtained by this method.

Might be insignificant to many but this shit got me worried about what else is going to be taken out of the game to sell as DLC. I don't believe for a second Separate Ways is going to be included with the base game.

Awcko

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you really gotta worry about how many spinels there are without this.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
It says not available separately. I wonder if it's a digital pre-order bonus? That would be even worse because sucker that I am, I'd buy it otherwise. But I'm getting a physical copy.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't count on Separate Ways being in the base game but that's fine. It didn't come with the original game either. RE4 alone is well worth the price of admission.

Not having Mercenaries would sting though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
DLC that gives you more in-game currency is nothing new, and this seems like it's basically just that, except making you work for it by finding the treasure first in order to sell it. I really doubt this will be anything that will feel noticeably absent if you don't buy it, and honestly, I kind of prefer this over the usual "spend $5, get 500 in-game bucks" or whatever that most games do. Gives some extra incentive for exploration on top of what's already in the game, which is fine by me.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
It says not available separately. I wonder if it's a digital pre-order bonus? That would be even worse because sucker that I am, I'd buy it otherwise. But I'm getting a physical copy.

It's part of Deluxe edition. RE2R deluxe content was available for separate purchase day 1 at release. This probably will be the case with RE4 as well.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
That really just reads like it adds treasures to the game outside of what the game is generally balanced around for people that don't want to feel restricted by the regular in-game economy.

I don't blame anyone for thinking Separate Ways could be DLC, but this definitely isn't indictative of anything, IMO.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
Am I weird for finding it more irritating that in 2023 something only exists in an explorable game world after you find a treasure map for it?

It's shitty, of course, especially since iirc all they let you buy outright (outside of bigger dlc) were unlockables in the other RE remasters

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
10 years ago, gamers might have been concerned by this.

But we have all been beaten into submission over the years with common practices like this so the response is "meh".

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Ah damn. I hate the deluxe editions have gone all digital only now. Used to be able to get them physically and just get the digital codes on a receipt.

Yeah, kinda sucks. They have Steelbook edition (which is a bit more expensive than standard one), why not put this content there?

Ain't no way Mercs is in. I would be stunned.

I bet it's going to be there, but a lot of characters (and maybe even some new stages) will are DLC lol.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
The only way mercs makes it into the base game is if every character outside of Leon and Luis is paid DLC I bet.

My only hope is that assignment ada isn't $20 bucks or something crazy for what amounts to like 1 new area.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
The only way mercs makes it into the base game is if every character outside of Leon and Luis is paid DLC I bet.

My only hope is that assignment ada isn't $20 bucks or something crazy for what amounts to like 1 new area.
Assignment Ada...wont even be in this. I totally forgot what that was but I think they'll only do Separate Ways.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
200w.gif

So unnecessary but it's just the state of the industry and it ain't getting any better.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I was actually going to get the deluxe edition but this turns me off. I hate DLC that gives you an advantage. Hopefully it doesn't give you too much ptas because I really want those costumes.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I feel like if Mercs were actually there, we'd probably know by now. There is still more than a month before release, but my gut tells me they wouldn't be keeping it some kind of secret if it were in. I imagine Separate Ways has a much more likelihood of being there

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Yeah, kinda sucks. They have Steelbook edition (which is a bit more expensive than standard one), why not put this content there?

I just looked at all of the stuff that comes with that Deluxe Edition and now I'm actually regretting the physical copy. I wonder if it's possible to just upgrade after it's installed for $10?

And you're right, it should just come with that steelbook edition.

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
That sounds pretty much just like a DLC where you can pay some extra real money to make the game easier by having more in-game money than the game is balanced for.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I just looked at all of the stuff that comes with that Deluxe Edition and now I'm actually regretting the physical copy. I wonder if it's possible to just upgrade after it's installed for $10?

And you're right, it should just come with that steelbook edition.

The last several games have had an upgrade option like that, so I imagine this will as well.

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
It's pretty much like many re games before, but they won't get many flack even if the monetization pretty bad cause they're capgod. /s

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I blindly preordered the Deluxe Edition back then. I think the treasure map is part of that.

I really hope we can disable the map and its extra treasures. I really don't like when DLC fucks with the careful balancing the developers went through.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
Didn't they do something similar with RE Village or maybe RE3? I thought you could buy downloadable content to find more of the bobble-head toys?

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
This seems similar to the usual pre-order deluxe stuff with RE games, where they give you a bit more resources. Nothing alarming imo.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember some people trying to create some manufactured drama because of Devil May Cry V DLC's.

It will be fine.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Didn't they do something similar with RE Village or maybe RE3? I thought you could buy downloadable content to find more of the bobble-head toys?

Nope. RE3 didn't have a Deluxe Edition and Village's DE added filters, new safe room music, the RE7 tape recorder save skin, a gun, a little attachment for your guns and then some extra healing items you got to use from the beginning. No new treasures or collectibles

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
10 years ago, gamers might have been concerned by this.

But we have all been beaten into submission over the years with common practices like this so the response is "meh".

LMFAO 10 years ago we've had it much worse with games like Asura's Wrath and Street Fighter X Tekken. This is pretty much a non-issue compared to endings sold as DLC and charachters in a fightning game locked and sold seperately day 1. Time to take off those nostalgia googles.