• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Just give us the demo for fuck sake....

(I want to know the performance profile of the PS4 version running on PS5.... great candidate for a double platinum since it's so fucking good to play. Please be unlocked fps at 1080p on PS4)

HighDrama

Jan 17, 2023
I'm choosing between the XSX and PS5 version. Which console has handled the RE Engine best in previous titles?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I'm choosing between the XSX and PS5 version. Which console has handled the RE Engine best in previous titles?

They were really close with Village, it depends what slight edge you were looking for:

So PS5 has faster loading and Xbox Series X has an edge in frame-rate when using ray tracing but, honestly, both versions are extremely close to one another. It's one of the closest calls we've seen and it feels like Capcom has done justice to the two new machines. Xbox Series S is pretty good too in terms of image quality and performance, but the best route to the most satisfactory experience is to disable RT on Microsoft's junior Series machine.

www.eurogamer.net

Resident Evil Village tech review: Capcom transitions beautifully to next-gen

Resident Evil Village has arrived and while the various demos over the last few weeks gave us a chance to sample the te…

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so pumped.

Can't wait, we're so close to the GOTY!

I do think RE4 will do really well at the end of the year in terms of awards. I think it's a bit of a dark horse that people tend to forget when they talk about TotK/Starfield/Spider-man etc but RE2R did really well in 2019 (beat out Sekiro and only a handful of GOTY awards behind Death Stranding, the most awarded game). RE4 is really good!

We're gonna have a good 2023!

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Meaty game. I'm so ready for the best RE. :)

I expect no loading screens like RE Village (at least on PS5). Don't disappoint me, Capgod.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely think an OpenCritic score of 95 is possible, matching Elden Ring, Metroid Prime Remastered, and RDR2 as the three most recent examples.
I think a 90s is possible, but in the lower side, as I'm sure a lot of reviewers will hatch into the notion of "RE4 being perfect" and not liking all the changes.

Apr 19, 2018
That's a rather substantial leap up in size from past RE Engine Resident Evil base titles, yeah.

Up to this point, I was always in awe how frugal these games have been in terms of file space that I've been able to keep all of them installed on my respective consoles and PC.

Last edited:

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

Brunero

Dec 16, 2022
For some reason this triggered my "It's real, let's gooooo" senses. Completely hyped, can't get here soon enough!

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Clearly it's so large in file size compared to Village because it also contains Separate Ways. copium🤡

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I really can't wait. Oddly enough the pre-order isn't up on Amazon yet.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I keep seeing a demo mentioned here and there, is that like a def thing or are people just being hopeful because of past releases or something? I forgot this game was coming out so soon and a demo would convince me to buy now or play later.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I only completed it once (that's just what I do) on GC but I remember the game being remarkably large and varied in terms of locations even back then.
This means tons of different assets :)

Didn't realise it was so close. I generally don't, these days, but I might just grab this day one.

Link-182

Oct 27, 2017
Are they selling the "deluxe" pre-order items separately like RE2 remake? I mainly want the old school soundtrack but not sure if I can buy that individually. Can't wait to pre-load.

Apr 19, 2018
I keep seeing a demo mentioned here and there, is that like a def thing or are people just being hopeful because of past releases or something? I forgot this game was coming out so soon and a demo would convince me to buy now or play later.

Capcom themselves announced it in their most recent trailer, yup. Might be dropping as soon as this Thursday the 9th as part of their Capcom Showcase presentation.

80a0583cb835b4e216b4f36d109bf157

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018
Are they selling the "deluxe" pre-order items separately like RE2 remake? I mainly want the old school soundtrack but not sure if I can buy that individually. Can't wait to pre-load.

It's almost a certainty that they'll be sold separately at some point, though whether or not it'll be at launch is another question.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Well...better get to downloading.

Seriously looking forward to this. Based on the last 6 years of Resi games (and all the years before) I reckon I'll have a hell of a time.

Anyone getting it on Xbox, the digital deluxe edition is currently £54 on Shopto. Cheaper than the standard edition (I think)

www.shopto.net

Buy Resident Evil 4 Deluxe Edition XBOX DIGITAL - ShopTo.net

Buy cheap £53.85 Resident Evil 4 Deluxe Edition - XBOX DIGITAL (UK) ✔️Shop Resident Evil 4 Deluxe Edition ✔️Instant Delivery 24/7 ✔️Fantastic price ✔️Digital ✔️Finance Options Available

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone getting it on Xbox, the digital deluxe edition is currently £54 on Shopto. Cheaper than the standard edition (I think)

www.shopto.net

Buy Resident Evil 4 Deluxe Edition XBOX DIGITAL - ShopTo.net

Buy cheap £53.85 Resident Evil 4 Deluxe Edition - XBOX DIGITAL (UK) ✔️Shop Resident Evil 4 Deluxe Edition ✔️Instant Delivery 24/7 ✔️Fantastic price ✔️Digital ✔️Finance Options Available

£55 at CD Keys too if you want it digital on Xbox. They have the standard edition digitial code for £50 too.

www.cdkeys.com

Resident Evil 4 Xbox Series X|S (EU & UK)

Buy Resident Evil 4 Xbox Series X|S (EU) ✔️ CD Key ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Digital Download ✔️

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Guessing PS4 version will be 2 discs.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Both have always been pretty good, even Series S. However the Xbox consoles on 7 and 8 have had an odd aiming glitch where the panning diagonally would feel gross due to the horizontal and vertical aim acceleration being different. I feel like I am crazy, since no one talks about it, but it drives me nuts.