• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
There's a bug happening that allows people without the PS5/Plus Collection to download the game. I don't know for sure if it's happening on all regions, but it's working here in Brazil.

1) Download the Resident Evil 7 Teaser Demo: Beginning Hour file on PS Store.
2) Open the demo and from the main menu choose "Buy Resident Evil 7: Biohazard"
3) When the PS Store opens up, choose the third image, on the right, "Game Page" (I don't know if it's exactly that name in English)
4) Press on the "Choose Version" button
5) Choose the second version and press "Buy"

PS Store will see that you are a PS Plus subscriber and will give you a 100% discount.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Well, the 5€ CoD Cold War "bug" got reverted too, so let's see if people are going to keep the full game here.

Lightheal

Jul 14, 2018
Worked in Romania but I did not need to download the demo. I just went to PlayStation Store, searched for the game and added it to the library for free. Thanks for the heads-up!

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's free like even if the sub expires, it's still going to be in my library?

Dimitris81

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, works on the Greek store too. Nevermind when you see the price under the Choose Version button. Select it and you will get the discount when it reaches your basket.

Popstar

Oct 25, 2017
I just checked the store page and...

The PlayStation Plus Collection

This title is included in the PlayStation Plus Collection – a selection of generation-defining PS4 games available to PlayStation Plus subscribers at no extra cost.

Visit the PlayStation Plus hub to find out what other games are included, and discover the other great benefits you can access with a PlayStation Plus subscription.

Didn't the collection used to require a PS5 to get? Maybe they're changing it. I don't know if this was worded differently before.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Holy crap, it really worked! Nice find OP! US on base PS4 here.

For the third step, the link from the demo leads you to the Deluxe Edition so just go back to the standard edition by clicking the tile on the right.

As is shown in the OP, it won't show as free until you click the second option and "buy" it. It just redirects you to your cart where it shows as free.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
OMG YES!! I just tried this with Black Ops III (previous free PS Plus game from E3 2018) to get the Zombie Chronicles version that was included in the PS5 PS Plus collection and it worked!!!!

Pretty similar process! I opened up Black Ops III, went to store, clicked Zombie Chronicles then clicked on the tile on the right which is for the bundle of game + Zombie Chronciles DLC and it said Choose A Version just like with RE7 and clicked the second option again and it worked!!!

For those that don't know Zombie Chronicles is a $30 DLC pack that adds eight zombie maps from previous games!

ANOTHER ONE!!!!

This time FFXV Royal Edition!! Just do the same process using the Platinum demo!! Man this is so exciting for a non-PS5 owner haha.

Last edited:

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
OMG YES!! I just tried this with Black Ops III (previous free PS Plus game from E3 2018) to get the Zombie Chronicles version that was included in the PS5 PS Plus collection and it worked!!!!

Pretty similar process! I opened up Black Ops III, went to store, clicked Zombie Chronicles then clicked on the tile on the right which is for the bundle of game + Zombie Chronciles DLC and it said Choose A Version just like with RE7 and clicked the second option again and it worked!!!

For those that don't know Zombie Chronicles is a $30 DLC pack that adds eight zombie maps from previous games!

ANOTHER ONE!!!!

This time FFXV Royal Edition!! Just do the same process using the Platinum demo!! Man this is so exciting for a non-PS5 owner haha.
Nice finds wish there was a Persona 5 Royal demo

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Might as well add some more to the list. If you had the Battlefield 1 open beta, you don't need to install it just open the PS4 page and click on the image that says pre-order and do the same process again.

Monster Hunter World betas work the same as Battlefield 1. So if you had either the original beta or Iceborne beta either one will get you access to the free standard version or maybe even the version with Iceborne? The download list has Iceborne in the title so I don't know?

Last edited:

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
I think this one is already from the PS instant collection they gave with PS5 launch.

Edit: yes, I just checked

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
When you say Free I assume you don't mean it's actually free, it's just included with PS Plus whilst you have your sub active?

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I thought Fallout Shelter would've had a link to buy Fallout 4 but nope.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicles Edition, Final Fantasy XV - Royal Edition, Battlefield 1 and Monster Hunter World (Iceborne?).. not a bad haul!

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What do you know. It does work. It took longer since my wifi connection kept timing out when clicking on purchase on the demo, but it shows up in my library after purchasing a different game version from the game page.

Whowasphone

Sep 21, 2019
This is exciting and all.. but I would hesitate on this. Sony does have policies against using exploits. This might lead to account bans 😅

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Most of these don't require you to download the game. Just open the page up from your library, go to overview, click on the preorder tile, go to "game page" and select a version.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Can anyone check their transaction history after doing this and if it shows an expiration date? Just want to be sure this is not getting you a 100% own copy or just the PS rental.

I mean I have PS+ but rather get the "to own" copy from my PS4. Lol.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone check their transaction history after doing this and if it shows an expiration date? Just want to be sure this is not getting you a 100% own copy or just the PS rental.

I mean I have PS+ but rather get the "to own" copy from my PS4. Lol.
All this is doing is opening the PS5 store page on PS4. It's the PS+ version of games you would get had you redeemed it on PS5.

JulianV

Apr 10, 2018
I thought Fallout Shelter would've had a link to buy Fallout 4 but nope.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicles Edition, Final Fantasy XV - Royal Edition, Battlefield 1 and Monster Hunter World (Iceborne?).. not a bad haul!
how do you get mon hun?

X05

Oct 25, 2017
So let me get this straight, this method is working for every game on the Collection?
Seems to be for games on the collection that have Demos or Betas, and have those in your library
Was able to do it for RE7 and FFXV since those are the ones I didn't own that I had the demos for