• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
this is silly but when i play with A.I. Sheva, i take away her handgun and give her a machine gun.
i want my red ammo but she can waste all the blue ammo she wants.
Ha, I have been the opposite since RE4.
You always find more SMG ammo so I use it as my main for headshots and such, while the handguns I use for bigger enemies.

A lot of the time I give Sheva a rifle because I don't like to use them at all.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Not a Hero really wastes its potential.

I hope RE8 does something with the concept of areas that are pitch-black without night-vision and rooms with a limited air supply.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Really? The way they were implemented seemed barely a step above being scripted. It was basically a locked door that you bypass with something other than a key.

That's why I didn't like them. They were very tacked on IMO and at this point I'd just rather not deal with them again. Can't inagine how you'd make either of those scenarios much better.

Oct 26, 2017
Boah, Revelations 2 might be the biggest pile of dog poo I've played in a while. It's like they went out of their way to include as many shitty game design turds as possible.
Twitchy enemies with little to no hit stun reaction

Invisible enemies that force you to rely on a barely working AI

Random exploding shit you get no context for

Install death traps

By far my least favourite RE campaign. God damn what a letdown.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's why I didn't like them. They were very tacked on IMO and at this point I'd just rather not deal with them again. Can't inagine how you'd make either of those scenarios much better.

If they just pictures use custom theme?

As for pitch black, Operation Raccoon City DLC did it really well, though you did get flares it was mostly blackness with zombies just barely visible if close enough.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If they just pictures use custom theme?

As for pitch black, Operation Raccoon City DLC did it really well, though you did get flares it was mostly blackness with zombies just barely visible if close enough.

Yeah just pictures (One on top and one on borrom) and a different song on each. The twitter link has a youtube playlist of them all below it.
They're not bad for 1.99

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone tell me what the Score/Grade boundaries are on the RE5 MercenariesnNo Mercy PS4?

I have just been playing my arse off and getting over 200,000 isn't even an S, it is insane.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
psx image: re1 rooms are so beautifully created, every room has it's own unique colors.
hZzCIp1h.jpg

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally played a few hours of RE7.

It's pretty much what I wanted RE to be for a long time -- go back to the structure of RE1 but just update the controls and interface. This really does feel like a modernized RE1 so far, though I don't know about all the hide-and-seek elements. It doesn't need to be Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

I'm also shocked at how sort of low-key the presentation is. It doesn't insist upon itself the way earlier RE games did. There was a feeling that from RE5 onward the franchise got into this kind of big budget territory where it insisted upon itself. By the time you got to Revelations and they were writing the dialogue in Japanese, RE was fast approaching anime territory. Maybe what happened with RE6 taught Capcom a lesson and it reeled back big time with RE7. You don't even see the title until you've played for a while, the story is straightforward so far, there's just not much in the way of the game itself. It feels like a AAA game with the heart of a lower-budget game.

Oh, and this game looks insane for how smoothly it runs. Photogrammetry is a motherfucker.

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
I've finally finished "End of Zoe" and... yeah, if I had to wait almost a year and paid $15 for that, I would be dissapointed. Punching monsters in the face was fun in the beginning, but that's basically what the whole DLC is - you go around on a linear path and punch enemies in the face (or throw a spear once in a while). No puzzles, no compelling story, no exploration; just one gimmick (with a slight twist near the end) repeated throughout the whole scenario. And again, limited view offered by first person perspective was really irritating when most of the time you had to melee enemies.

Also, fuck alligators with their insta-kill attacks and fuck those crawling Molded that were so hard to punch :/

Out of the two, I liked Not A Hero more. It had more variety, it had some interesting story bits (Chris, Umbrella Blue, Lucas' demise) and was simply more fun to play.

How could Jack survive the syringe injection and still mutate after that?

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought Gold for PS4 and its my first time with this game. Better even since I own a PS VR since last BF. Decent deal because i got it for relatively cheap and has all SP content on the disc.

This is a return to form, at least until the part i'm at (Old house), I do know that there is a weaker section further along. Not a Hero and End of Zoe, do sound sort of conflicting. Will tackle them after the main game obviously.

As for RE5 Remaster, I really, really liked it. They kind of updated the AI too wasn't it? Still annoying to deal with but the fact I could play it at 60fps was great. Still my fave Mercs mode and the 2 DLC chapters were awesome online co-op experiences. Game looks sort of current-gen still. MT Framework is a beast.

Last edited:

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Yeah, the last two major locations are more straightforward, with less puzzles (I don't remember if there were any puzzles tbh) and more guns/enemies. However, they aren't as bad as I thought reading all the impressions. They are simply more action-focused, like most last locations in previous RE games.

NaH and EoZ are pure action DLC. While NaH still pretends it has some exploration and slight puzzles here and there, EoZ is just you punching enemies all the way to the end. They both have their charm, but are much different than the main scenario.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
I liked both the new DLCs. It's amazing how just a punch makes the combat less tedious

Normal molded in RE7 is headshot, head-weave, charge, headshot. If RNG is unkind, you will repeat this many times, even on easy or with a shotgun. Just gets so tedious. I love RE7 (just played through it again to clean up collectibles), but combat is definitely the worst part. The thing is, I like making shots count, and even the slow, deliberate nature of RE7 combat, but fatigue sets in and the more "powerful" weapons (flamer and grenade launcher) are just whatever. Weapons in general feel unsubstantial, they don't sound good, shotgunning a
trash enemy in the face feels bad when it can feel so ineffective even at close range. I love RE5 for this reason. Everything just feels weighty and substantial

End of Zoe felt good for this reason, especially the power punch thing.

I loved RE7's exploration. While I personally prefer third-person, I did like the story and mystery of RE7. If they did another FPS that gives more thought to combat (it can even be slow paced, it just needs to feel better and less spongy), maybe I'd be OK with it.

My only big complaint is that they don't extend the storyline much, or tease RE8. Or even tell us who Ethan was, since like, he isn't just some regular guy. I remember early on there was the thought that melee and other tactics were out because Ethan is no specs ops person, just an average joe looking for his wife. I thought about tagging spoiler tagging that, but Ethan is clearly not an average person, we see this at the game's beginning. These were supposed to tie up a bunch of stuff... I don't feel that happened.

djshauny1

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so after playing Not A Hero I'm unsure if I should buy the End of Zoe DLC or not. I prefer horror RE games and not the action stuff. So with hat being said, is it worth buying? Or should I just watch it on YouTube? lol. Cheers.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Ok so after playing Not A Hero I'm unsure if I should buy the End of Zoe DLC or not. I prefer horror RE games and not the action stuff. So with hat being said, is it worth buying? Or should I just watch it on YouTube? lol. Cheers.

Even as someone who LOVES the DLC, it isn't worth $15 bucks stand-alone. Just wait for the season pass to go on sale (I hope you didn't buy the banned tapes solo)

I really wish you could select the LIN costume in 5.

Gotta save that for the RE5 PS5/XB2 port.
Though taking that on a serious note. They will have to put more effort into the next series of RE ports of 4-6. Just being 4K isn't gonna be enough. ESPECIALLY for RE4. That'll need bare minimum something like the hd mod applied to it.

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta save that for the RE5 PS5/XB2 port.
Though taking that on a serious note. They will have to put more effort into the next series of RE ports of 4-6. Just being 4K isn't gonna be enough. ESPECIALLY for RE4. That'll need bare minimum something like the hd mod applied to it.
STARS Jill in Mercenaries is a must if they add some new port incentives.

Honestly though there is a lot of stuff they could add to 5&6 at least if they needed or wanted to.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think i'm closing in on the end of 7. Its one of the better ones imo. RE7 is extremely immersive thanks to the FP. I also like the weapons myself, though the nade launcher feels underpowered. Its just that the molded enemies are boring. I prefer zombies, dogs, lickers etc.

Played a share in VR, pretty good but got a bit nausea after an hour. Did use smooth loco. I just love how it looks in 4k HDR and its smoother. Might do a full VR run next. VR has a long way to go still, for example no significant downgrade in looks. Its quite a step back from 4k.

I'm liking the final areas too. They're worse but I was also sort of done with backtracking and puzzling. I think every RE switches gears for a reason.

Oct 25, 2017
Between the Banned Footage, Not a Hero and End of Zoe, are any of the RE7 DLCs not action based? My favorite parts of the game were the first few hours where you were pretty much helpless, and the puzzle sections.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Between the Banned Footage, Not a Hero and End of Zoe, are any of the RE7 DLCs not action based? My favorite parts of the game were the first few hours where you were pretty much helpless, and the puzzle sections.

Daughters, 21, and the one where you're stuck in the room aren't action. I guess basically the banned footage are the "horror" DLCs besides Jack Birthday and Survival

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland

Banned Footage vol. 1 contains:
- Bedroom - puzzle-focused
- Nightmare - action-focused
- Ethan Must Die - action-focused

Banned Footage vol. 2 contains:
- 21 - a card game (blackjack with perk cards; really fun)
- Daughters - story/puzzle-focused
- Jack's 55th Birthday - a mini-game where you have to memorize what items are where and balance your inventory to minimize backtracking (you want to bring Jack as much food as possible while fighting off enemies)

- Not a Hero - action-focused with some slight puzzles
- End of Zoe - action-focused

So you probably would only be interested in Bedroom (BF1) and Daughters (BF2).

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I beat the main game. Final part wasn't bad. In fact, I was happy I could finally waste my tons of ammo. And I even left the bombs and machine gun behind. I went ham on all enemies there, still finished with more than 30 shotgun shells. I enjoyed the combat in this, you have to judge your shots. I invested a lot in buffed handgun ammo and that had a nice sound to it plus it insta headshotted a lot of molded. I didn't manage to get the magnum, I got the 2 upgrades first. But I didn't need it at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Daughters, 21, and the one where you're stuck in the room aren't action. I guess basically the banned footage are the "horror" DLCs besides Jack Birthday and Survival

Banned Footage vol. 1 contains:
- Bedroom - puzzle-focused
- Nightmare - action-focused
- Ethan Must Die - action-focused

Banned Footage vol. 2 contains:
- 21 - a card game (blackjack with perk cards; really fun)
- Daughters - story/puzzle-focused
- Jack's 55th Birthday - a mini-game where you have to memorize what items are where and balance your inventory to minimize backtracking (you want to bring Jack as much food as possible while fighting off enemies)

- Not a Hero - action-focused with some slight puzzles
- End of Zoe - action-focused

So you probably would only be interested in Bedroom (BF1) and Daughters (BF2).
Thanks for the great info!

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That flamethrower boss either took me an hour or mere minutes. I still don't know the catch there. You flame him, you shoot his tumors. But I did that for ages and nothing. Sometimes he did die. Best solution was saving up an RPG.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
That flamethrower boss either took me an hour or mere minutes. I still don't know the catch there. You flame him, you shoot his tumors. But I did that for ages and nothing. Sometimes he did die. Best solution was saving up an RPG.

Yeah that boss is odd. I always just save the RPG from the ship and use it on him so it's an instant kill.
I don't fuck with like any bosses in RE5 at this point lol. Putting that Rocket Launcher on the boat lets you save so much time on them.

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just out of curiosity are there any opinions in here on which of the three CG RE films is the best one?

I've seen Degeneration and Vendetta, and I'm about to watch Damnation.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just out of curiosity are there any opinions in here on which of the three CG RE films is the best one?

I've seen Degeneration and Vendetta, and I'm about to watch Damnation.
I love Degeneration, but objectively it's the worst of the three. The airport location was kind of wasted, Leon has no personality (or facial animations) and Claire was left out of the action climax, but she was so fun in the movie I can't help but like it. The slap scene is my favorite moment. I miss Alyson Court.

Damnation was an improvement in almost every way, but I don't care for it very much. There are some nice moments but the plot is nothing special and there's only one character I like which is the ex-teacher. I forgot his name lol. I like the scene between Ada and the president. Leon is back to having a personality, having lots of one-liners.

Vendetta was cool and my personal favorite. Rebecca and Chris were awesome in the movie (though I wish Rebecca had more action scenes) but Leon's personality changed again. Now he's acting like Chris in RE6. I like the villain and his motivations and there are some cool action scenes.

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say going back through RE7 campaign I've really got a new fond appreciation with how nicely paced the scenario is. The DLC helped compliment some more of the details going through and how if anything this game sets a few teases of where 8 could go.

I need to go through Not a hero on a higher difficulty next. I am really fond of that little side story.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like NaH and EoZ ended up better than initial impressions had them pegged, but overall the price was still way too high for what we ended up with.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017

I'm in the same boat, really disappointed in Not a Hero. I wonder what the original idea for NAH plot was before they started again which caused the delay