JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
In celebration of the Resident Evil franchise's 25th anniversary, which kicks off in March 2021, Capcom announced Resident Evil Village will include access to a free multiplayer experience titled Resident Evil Re:Verse coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S players can access the game through backwards compatibility.
Source here.

So the hideous multiplayer game that accompanies the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S game, Resident Evil: Village, a game that is also going to release on PS4, Xbox One and PC, is a PS4, Xbox One and PC title that is not natively available on PS5 or the Xbox Series X|S, but instead is only available through backwards compat-
tenor.gif

What is Capcom thinking with this?

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Let's not jump to conclusions yet.
REsistance was hideous yes.
But this one has a Beta in a few days and that'll paint a clear enough picture for this Multiplayer game.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol It's such a whatever looking game. Honestly couldn't be bothered enough by it to have it affect my excitement for Village in any way.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How many jank ass, trend chasing, stupidly named Resi multiplayer titles are capcom gonna release lol. It seems like they try this every 2 years. The thing is...a mp re game could be really good, but I never know what they're thinking with these games. Amateur hour in comparison to SP experiences.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was under the impression that this issue was only for the beta period, but the wording seems to indicate otherwise. I don't think it looks hideous though, but luckily I'll be able to see for myself next week.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not jump to conclusions yet.
REsistance was hideous yes.
But this one has a Beta in a few days and that'll paint a clear enough picture for this Multiplayer game.

I really dunno how you can retort the complaints about how ugly that cel-shaded, comic book style filter is by saying Resistance was hideous too - especially when it wasn't hideous at all given it used the same assets as RE2 and RE3 and didn't put a stupid filter over the top.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate

My guess here is that outside budget (Going to assume this has a lower budget than Resistance did) that it would be more effort to make "next-gen" versions on content that wouldn't really need it when you can just make them "Next-Gen" aware.

This also goes with how in the case of PS4/PS5 making a specific version would technically entail more work as it would have its own trophy list, purchases, and other such things. So it's easier to just leave that aspect alone. As I think you technically need to set crossplay for PS4/PS5 and they seem averse to adding that to these games atm.

Oct 25, 2017
Resistance was a bit of mindless fun that ended up with hour long queues on launch week. I expect no better from this.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
At least they aren't charging for this nonsense.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see any issue here. It's a throwaway addition, no need for Capcom to invest too much into it. As long as it looks reasonably ok and runs well, that should be acceptable.