• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
As you probably already know, Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 for Switch are out this week worldwide. If you've seen the Nintendo eShop PR or checked the eShop itself, you know there's a special discount for the two games in Europe.

RER costs 19.99€ / £15.99. If you previously bought RER2 on Switch, then you can get it with 5€ / £4 discount.

Naturally, RER2 has a similar discount. You can get 5€ / £4 off if you already own RER on Switch. The catch? RER2 costs 24.99€ / £19.99. Yes, it's 5€ / £4 more expensive for some reason. Suspicious, it's exactly the same as the price difference between the two games.

And no, RER2 isn't supposed to be more expensive.

NA: both cost $19.99 each
Japan: both cost 2 990 Yen each

tldr: Capcom upped the price of RER2 in Europe to offer a very generous "deal", basically screwing over people only interested in RER2. Oh, and that + no physical, so yeah.

Update: oops, realised I should've mentioned it was Switch in the title... oh well :s

Last edited:

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm immune to Capcom screwing me over. I've come to expect it with every new release.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. That's some real scummy publisher practice.

It's a shame since the ports overall seem to be extremely good.

Senki Dala

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I saw that too OP and felt the same than you. :/ Obviously a scummy move from Capcom, dissapointed. :/ Was about to wait a sale anyway (I have them both on PC).

Cranston

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I know that's naff, but, on the positive side, I'm genuinely bowled over by how good Rev 2 is. Haven't played in a Resident Evil game in years, but this one is fab.

And Raid mode is addictive.

OP
OP
Lite_Agent

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I know that's naff, but, on the positive side, I'm genuinely bowled over by how good Rev 2 is. Haven't played in a Resident Evil game in years, but this one is fab.

And Raid mode is addictive.

Yes, that's the thing: only heard good things about RER2 (other than the dubious episodic format, but that does not apply here since everything is available right away). Why pull that kind of stunt like this, especially on a region-free console *shrugs*

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Capcom are really good at this sort of thing. Disappointment, confusion and shadiness.

So I'm not really surprised.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
It's the same for Australia too, Rev 1 is 24.95 AUD and Rev 2 is 30.95 AUD. When you buy Rev 1 Rev 2 becomes 25.00 AUD (5 cents more...). At least it's cheaper than Europe (24.95 AUD = 16 EUR) and the Switch is region free...

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey rushed port is also scummy in its pricing and 'deals'? Color me surprised.

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
As you probably already know, Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 for Switch are out this week worldwide. If you've seen the Nintendo eShop PR or checked the eShop itself, you know there's a special discount for the two games in Europe.

RER costs 19.99€ / £15.99. If you previously bought RER2 on Switch, then you can get it with 5€ / £4 discount.

Naturally, RER2 has a similar discount. You can get 5€ / £4 off if you already own RER on Switch. The catch? RER2 costs 24.99€ / £19.99. Yes, it's 5€ / £4 more expensive for some reason. Suspicious, it's exactly the same as the price difference between the two games.

And no, RER2 isn't supposed to be more expensive.

NA: both cost $19.99 each
Japan: both cost 2 990 Yen each

tldr: Capcom upped the price of RER2 in Europe to offer a very generous "deal", basically screwing over people only interested in RER2. Oh, and that + no physical, so yeah.

Update: oops, realised I should've mentioned it was Switch in the title... oh well :s

FZ6FW73.jpg

A very generous god