• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
unknown.png

There's a few snippets of Switch Gameplay here and not much else.
However, I did notice this (Might've been discussed before, but it's my first time seeing it).

unknown.png

Looks like for RE6 Coop, the inventory/health UI are on the side of the screen for Split-screen rather than in the box. Which is a welcome change as compared to RE4 & 5 it takes up a lot of room on the screen.

Note: The Trilogy Pack is currently $49.94 on Amazon/Walmart which is $30 cheaper than buying them all digital ($90 for all 3 there) on the Eshop.

Nov 8, 2017
They really should patch in a 30fps cap option for RE4. The game simply can't hold the high framerate in some areas and they've never been able to add 60fps reload animations on certain weapons in any rerelease.

I'm up to the Island on my RE4Switch playthrough but really wish I could cap it to have a more consistent experience, tbqh.

Oct 25, 2017
They really should patch in a 30fps cap option for RE4. The game simply can't hold the high framerate in some areas and they've never been able to add 60fps reload animations on certain weapons in any rerelease.

I'm up to the Island on my RE4Switch playthrough but really wish I could cap it to have a more consistent experience, tbqh.
If they capped it to 30 and used the GCN versions aiming mechanics instead of the busted ass PS2 version's, I'd play this on the Switch in a heartbeat.

Instead, I'm stuck pretty much just with the GCN and Wii versions.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well, if I can get those codes in the B/S/T thread for ~15 I think I'm in yet again for RE5/6.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I adore RE5 and RE6. It's going to be amazing carrying them with me wherever I go. RE6, in particular, is like a shooter and brawler turned stylish character action game. Both games are utterly gorgeous, too, and feature some of the most handsomely produced cutscenes in games. Great character designs, great creature designs, great art direction and soundtracks. It's still amazing to me that these are going to be portable, lol.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Oh neat — I just saw the UI change for RE6 splitscreen. That is really clever moving the health bar, stamina bar, etc, to the black bars. And for anyone wondering, yes, those black bars are necessary to preserve the aspect ratio. Works fine in practice.

RE5 and RE6 co-op is LEGENDARY.

When will the preloads go up??

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
👏 Update 👏 the 👏 bloody 👏 icon 👏

5 has long been my worst RE on a level that it completely burned me on trying 6 (which was then said to be no big loss so 🤷) and though I'm still pretty certain that won't change - I'm down to give it a shot and the Switch seems like the best chance it has at a completion these days.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
REmake, 0 and 4 have been such half-assed ports, I'm not even sure I wanna get my hopes up for these two. Which is a shame because I like both.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
👏 Update 👏 the 👏 bloody 👏 icon 👏

5 has long been my worst RE on a level that it completely burned me on trying 6 (which was then said to be no big loss so 🤷) and though I'm still pretty certain that won't change - I'm down to give it a shot and the Switch seems like the best chance it has at a completion these days.
Huh, I'm surprised you didn't like RE5. I love it as a single-player game and adore it as a co-op experience. Many fond memories, i.e. the executioner fighter, the chainsaw baddie in the streets, the tentacle monster in the incinerator, the motorcycle majini, exploring the swamps in the hovercraft, the mirror ruins, the lickers in the lab, U-8 on the elevator, the flamethrower fight, 2v2 against Wesker and Jill, curing Jill, the orbital laser fight, the Wesker-catching-rockets fight, "complete global saturation," punching the boulder, etc. Game is a gosh darn classic, and still looks visually insane to this day.

RE6 is also fantastic once you acclimate to the controls. From a combat and mobility standpoint, it's the best third-person shooter/brawler on the market, eclipsing Vanquish. Mercenaries throws such an insane variety of monsters at you too, and they have so many mix-and-match transformations, i.e. you can have a baddie who grows a parasite head, matched with a shield arm, matched with grasshopper legs, etc, forcing you to roll-dodge away from jumps while circling around to his rear.

I dunno, I really suggest giving these games another chance with an open mind. The beauty of the RE Action Trilogy (as I like to call it) is that each offers its own unique experience with its own distinct atmosphere. RE4 is more a slow burn with methodical pacing while RE6 vacillates between quiet atmospherics (the college campus, etc) and balls-to-the-wall action, and RE5 is somewhere in between, but they each have something special to offer once you realize everything they allow you to do.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Ah, Capcpom, always fantastic there; no motion controls and digital download codes. At least with this pack its not that pricey to play a strangely hitch-y version of Bio 4.

Don't sleep on Bio 5. It's a fantastic Co-Op action game. And while Bio 6 may not be for everyone, its certainly worth a play or two. It's very fun once you understand the mechanics. I just wish the campaigns explored them better.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, Capcpom, always fantastic there; no motion controls and digital download codes. At least with this pack its not that pricey to play a strangely hitch-y version of Bio 4.

Don't sleep on Bio 5. It's a fantastic Co-Op action game. And while Bio 6 may not be for everyone, its certainly worth a play or two. It's very fun once you understand the mechanics. I just wish the campaigns explored them better.
One of the most frustrating things is watching people play the RE6 campaigns while having no idea that they can slide, roll, quick-step, perfect parry, auto-shoot, etc, or how to manage their stamina gauge or piecemeal health regen, or even that they can do running melee moves like the shoulder-check and kick to the head. RE6 is INSANE once you have learn the mechanics — like some sort of TPS Bayonetta or Devil May Cry. The campaigns don't force you to learn the mechanics, however, so many players approach the story like a cover shooter, which sells the game short.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Huh, I'm surprised you didn't like RE5. I love it as a single-player game and adore it as a co-op experience. Many fond memories, i.e. the executioner fighter, the chainsaw baddie in the streets, the tentacle monster in the incinerator, the motorcycle majini, exploring the swamps in the hovercraft, the mirror ruins, the lickers in the lab, U-8 on the elevator, the flamethrower fight, 2v2 against Wesker and Jill, curing Jill, the orbital laser fight, the Wesker-catching-rockets fight, "complete global saturation," punching the boulder, etc. Game is a gosh darn classic, and still looks visually insane to this day.

RE6 is also fantastic once you acclimate to the controls. From a combat and mobility standpoint, it's the best third-person shooter/brawler on the market, eclipsing Vanquish. Mercenaries throws such an insane variety of monsters at you too, and they have so many mix-and-match transformations, i.e. you can have a baddie who grows a parasite head, matched with a shield arm, matched with grasshopper legs, etc, forcing you to roll-dodge away from jumps while circling around to his rear.

I dunno, I really suggest giving these games another chance with an open mind. The beauty of the RE Action Trilogy (as I like to call it) is that each offers its own unique experience with its own distinct atmosphere. RE4 is more a slow burn with methodical pacing while RE6 vacillates between quiet atmospherics (the college campus, etc) and balls-to-the-wall action, and RE5 is somewhere in between, but they each have something special to offer once you realize everything they allow you to do.
It all sounds great, I only gave it a number of hours before closing it and never going back. Really just seemed awful at the time. However all the posts in support of it being one of the greats on Era over the past couple of years has made me interested to go back.

Would be the perfect opportunity with this triple pack if the RE4 icon wasn't the way it was. I'll have a look at pricing single vs. the bundle and grab 5 and 6 one way or another.

Your post definitely makes me keen to check out 6 but also just go back to 5 and see if it clicks this time. Notably I never got into Hotline Miami (much more of an instant 'nah' than RE5) and am currently enveloped in it with the Switch release. Just 5 left a seating "nope" in my brain in a way that would befit the logo, and it stuck with me. A decade on though should see if I'm more tuned to it now.