Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
ho5qfLs.png

Looks fairly simple and smooth. I just hope you can start on Hardcore and knock out all three difficulties in one go
- nothing tied to the third person mode

lock if old

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Nice straight forward list by the looks of it. I look forward to the DLC releasing later this month.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Seems they might've taken the feedback from the prior Mercenary trophies.

Sounds like it's just "beat the levels" now rather than get an S rank on all of them (A lot of people don't have the Platinum due to just that trophy)

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Sounds like it's just "beat the levels" now rather than get an S rank on all of them (A lot of people don't have the Platinum due to just that trophy)

The cowboy one was horrible. I remember having to rely on the most jankest of methods to try and luck myself into getting an S rank. I have to do it all again soon for the Z version. But thankful these additions are chill.

Wonder why the RE:Verse achievements or trophies haven't been uploaded yet even though they come on the same day....... 👀

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Harder than five-stars for each level with every character in RE4?

Yes, but not for the same reason. You basically have to get the right RNG drops of power-ups in Village AND work out the right path through each level to get a good rank. The enemies don't just flow towards you like they do in RE4 (though recent interviews has suggested that the new Mercs in Village will be closer to RE4 than what it was in the base Village game)

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Harder than five-stars for each level with every character in RE4?
I would say so depending on user skill. A lot of the RE4 characters have a pretty busted way to play outside like Leon, so getting 5 with most is pretty doable.

The issues with RE8 Mercs is that you're essentially gated into playing one way if you really want to get the S, especially on the harder levels.

StefanShepard

Feb 9, 2018
Looks like a pretty doable list. Probably not going for the Hardcore playthrough trophy though.

Winters Expansion in generell sounds really solid. Might go back to the game as soon as it releases and play through the game in 3rd person.
Also didn't play a lot of mercenaries around release so will give that mode a second shot as well. Is this also playable in 3rd person?

OP
OP
Masagiwa

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Looks like a pretty doable list. Probably not going for the Hardcore playthrough trophy though.

Winters Expansion in generell sounds really solid. Might go back to the game as soon as it releases and play through the game in 3rd person.
Also didn't play a lot of mercenaries around release so will give that mode a second shot as well. Is this also playable in 3rd person?
I don't think they've mentioned anything about the merc mode being available in third person. RE Showcase is very soon and Capcom wanted to share a bit more about this expansion there.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020

I still have nightmares from doing it, especially with adaptive Triggers, on the last one I had to turn them off, not because I wasn't able to but because my fingers were so tired I could barely move them lmao

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
Took about 10 hrs straight to get between SS -SSS on all the mercenaries maps. It was fun but frustrating because of the randomness.

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I honestly thought Village's Mercenaries was pretty ass. It's why I lacked the Plat on Village. I'll probably play through the new levels just to see what they're like but that is about it.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
The cowboy one was horrible. I remember having to rely on the most jankest of methods to try and luck myself into getting an S rank. I have to do it all again soon for the Z version. But thankful these additions are chill.

Wonder why the RE:Verse achievements or trophies haven't been uploaded yet even though they come on the same day....... 👀
Have we even seen a single video on REverse since the beta?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
The update made it so that people who pre-ordered the DLC can't launch the game because it checks for the DLC and its not there so the game won't load past a message saying to download the DLC.

Capcom may fix because that's a bad oversight, but may wait since the issue in theory would be fixed by the release of the DLC.