• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
Resident-Evil-Village-OT.png

kMWd7Jr.jpg

tJTKF4c.jpg

PTpfopb.jpg

od851lt.jpg

dUMM2Oa.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dogbox

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
RESETERA'S REVIEW THREAD
DEDICATED SPOILER / LEAK THREAD

Resident Evil Village |OT| Villain Is Large, Like Actually Gigantic. Enormous!
OUT MAY 7, 2021

Developed & Published by Capcom
Available on PS4, PS5, Stadia, Steam, Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S

Terror has returned for Ethan Winters. After his wife is murdered and baby abducted, he awakens in a Romanian village where something evil has taken hold. A castle rests atop it, keeping a watchful eye…

EXPLORE THE VILLAGE, CASTLE & BEYOND
Make your way through the heart of the village to its furthest outskirts, hunting for life-saving supplies while managing them against the untold horrors ahead.

MEET THE RESIDENTS
Many things call the village home, and many of them have a special interest in you. Never let your guard down; they won't.

GIVE YOURSELF A FIGHTING CHANCE
The Duke will upgrade your weapons for cash, helping make every last bullet count. He can also use meat from animals around the village to prepare cuisine to strengthen Ethan. Poftă bună!

KEEP YOUR THINGS TIDY
Village marks the return of a grid-based inventory system! Experience the thrill of keeping your items nice and tidy, so that you might hold more items in the future. Should you rest your ammunition boxes horizontally or vertically? You decide.

Last edited:

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Hell yeah, so excited to dive into the game on Friday night, especially after a long day. This game is looking to be wild!

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Very excited to play through this, was a big fan of 7. Hoping GMG sends my Steam code soon.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot wait for this game. The reviews have me hyped. RE is my favorite gaming franchise so I'm happy to see things are continuing to go well.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Was debating between PC and PS5 and went PS5, if for anything but to have the preload. Very excited for this game.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
Some quick recommendations for setting up the game:
  • I highly suggest turning off camera/aim acceleration if you're using a gamepad. It makes the controls feel much more responsive.
  • And if you're playing with mouse, make sure to turn up mouse sensitivity. The default one is very low.
  • On PC, the "Image quality" setting means supersampling. Put it at 1.0 if you're in doubt what it should be set to.
  • If you think the FOV is too low, you can change it via mods. For instance, the trainer which is built into this mod manager: https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevilvillage/mods/18

Last edited:

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Bought it on Series X, i already knew i would be using cheat engine like a pirate if i would get this on Steam

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to go PC but went PS5 for Dualsense. I'll pick up the PC version on a sale for mods in a few months.

NerevaRising

Oct 5, 2018
Is the deluxe edition worth it? currently trying to decide if I should go for that or the standard edition.

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'll go through 7 one more time before this comes out.

But no preload for Steam? Why? D:

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone know if this is the game written by Dead Space/Binary Domain writer Antony Johnston?

He tweeted about everyone tuning in for a big PS5 announcement ahead of the PS5 games reveal show last year, then ostensibly got in trouble for it so said he would only acknowledge the game once it released.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Looks like this will be really fun. And despite watching all trailers and playing the demos, there seem to be little that have been spoiled. I remember it felt similar with RE4 when it launched on Gamecube, that actuality very little had been revealed in the media contrary to what one believed. Well played again Capcom.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, can't watch the video right now but does anyone have a screengrab gif that flips between RT and Non-RT?

I seriously struggled noticing any difference with the demo

Thanks!

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Nice looking OT!

Couple of hours into the game and loving every moment. Going at snail speed cause I don't want to miss any secrets but I'm sure I will. Game is packed with them

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
I love paying zero attention to stuff like this to find out I now have Friday plans...that series x is ready to roll :)

Sakon

Jul 19, 2019
Yo, have they stopped doing the REEEESIDEEENT EEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIL voice? Please tell me it's there lol